Charles Santerre

View Charles Santerre's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Nokia Gets An Opening As BlackBerry Stumbles: Can Pureview Provide The Momentum? [View article]
    Genesis, I thought I had read that book but I read Winning Across Global Markets: How Nokia Creates Strategic Advantage in a Fast-Changing World [Hardcover]
    Dan Steinbock (Author)

Jul 15 06:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Nokia Strike Now? [View article]
    diablogun, yes it says AT&T Unlocked. The phone runs on so many different networks that my research tells me it will run on any Canadian and likely any US carrier: GSM, WCDMA & LTE.
    Jul 15 02:40 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Nokia Strike Now? [View article]
    Just ordered Lumia 1020 unlocked from Negri Electronics. I will provide feedback when I get it and try it.
    Jul 15 12:08 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Nokia Strike Now? [View article]
    theflew: it don't work that way. Pinning an app doesn't magically make it live. It has to be programmed to work as a live tile, otherwise it's just a simple shortcut.
    Jul 15 09:44 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Nokia Strike Now? [View article]
    cluegate: Even more mysterious re Instagram is that MSFT owns a considerable part of Facebook if I am not mistaken.

I am glad you brought up the Canadian situation as that is where I am based. It's sad that Elop's homeland has a pathetic Nokia selection. Rogers gets the exclusives but the love is not reciprocated. Nokia is invisible here. Bell, the largest provider has ZERO Nokia smartphones and Telus has the 620 only. Canada is largely iPhone and Android country. Other than my corporate client who had Z10's forced on them by their head office I have yet to see another one in the public. Perhaps they are ashamed and don't bring them out.
    Jul 15 09:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Nokia Strike Now? [View article]
    I believe they are all firstname.lastname@dom...
    Jul 15 09:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Nokia Strike Now? [View article]
    Genesis, you are absolutely right. At first I thought people would be lined up in the streets fighting each other to get this product. But limited availability forced by Nokia have already destined this product as niche. I certainly hope that I am proven wrong.
    Jul 15 06:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Buy Microsoft Stores Q&A [View instapost]
    Seppo, I only saw your post after I posted mine. Great minds think alike! ;-)
    Jul 14 09:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Nokia Strike Now? [View article]
    CTYANK: excellent idea! Send it to Stephen Elop and CC Steve Ballmer and Ralph de la Vega.
    Jul 14 09:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Nokia Strike Now? [View article]
    Erdal, Bloomberg actually has a very good app for WP, with articles, video and stock portfolio all with live tiles for every stock.
    Jul 14 09:36 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Buy Microsoft Stores Q&A [View instapost]
    Charles: good initiative on your part! I would like to know what level of training clerks will receive regarding Windows Phone specifically. It seems absurd, but since these people are not engineers or other form of experts, it's fair to wonder if they will be trained enough to show prospective buyers the advantages of WP and be able to respond with regards to missing apps and functions in the OS. Or will they just be generally trained for MSFT products being sold.
    Jul 14 09:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia's Stellar Customer Satisfaction Levels Bode Well For The Future [View article]
    Andreas, that was actually quite funny! (cymbals!)
    Jul 13 09:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mr K, that translation app has been on WP since 7.5. Surely you knew that.
    Jul 13 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Handling Nokia Through Earnings [View article]
    Whole market is red today. Remember NOK has a high beta, meaning the price is more sensitive to market movements than average. NOK =1.58 beta. AAPL =0.98 beta. A one beta means is move pretty much in sync with general market.
    Jul 12 06:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Details about a pending update to Windows Phone 8 (MSFT, NOK), known as GDR2, have been... [View news story]
    Any additional OEMs producing WP phones will be good for Nokia. Samsung cannot match Nokia's build quality, not yet anyway.
    Jul 12 06:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment