Charles Santerre

View Charles Santerre's Comments BY TICKER:
  • How To Profit From BCE's Takeover Of Bell Aliant [View article]
    Rizzie, nice to see a local company featured on SA as I live in Eastern Canada. You may be right that a takeover is in the cards. The Atlantic provinces' population amounts to less than 2 million people in fairly large and rural territory. Also they make up the poorest provinces, except nouveau riche oil producing Newfoundland. Add that to the declining landline customers, and I'm not sure Bell Aliant is that attractive of a takeover prospect. A high dividend is also a red flag. I've got enough of FTR headaches without taking a chance here. But just to be extra safe I think I will also stay away from BCE.
    Oct 29 08:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BP's Money Spigot To Claimants Is Open Once Again [View article]
    D'oh! That's selling $10B of assets to return money to shareholders, i.e. share buybacks.
    Oct 29 12:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BP's Money Spigot To Claimants Is Open Once Again [View article]
    Paulio, you beat me to getting the good news out! As an investor in BP, today I feel Special, not like a Specialist though. I wonder how he/she is feeling today realizing that all his past articles are incorrect as it relates to how the market sees BPs future. Or does he still believe he is right and the market is wrong?
    Oct 29 05:56 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 High Yielding, Undervalued Utilities, Part I: National Grid [View article]
    dedugan, please provide a link to the article. Thank you.
    Oct 27 06:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia introduces first tablet and phablets [View news story]
    Really?That's news to me. Have a link? They never taken a cent from my account and besides your bank would have to make that completely transparent. Who is "the bank"?
    Oct 26 12:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BP's Money Spigot To Claimants Is Open Once Again [View article]
    Can you please define what a Specialist is in this specific case? I'm sure others would like to know.
    Oct 24 09:39 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Will Test $8 Per Share This Year [View article]
    I have an uneasy feeling that recent increases are simple big boy manipulations playing buy the rumor, sell the news. If earnings pass and the stock maintains or increases in the following 10,trading days, then I would be more inclined to believe there is something genuine behind the increases. To be more careful, 10 trading days after the vote at the special AGM on November 19 would be wise IMO.
    Oct 22 04:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia introduces first tablet and phablets [View news story]
    I'm sure the tablet will become a productive tool to all that purchase it. if I had $500 to burn I would get one. My $230 7in Nexus tablet will suffice for now.
    Oct 22 06:49 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Banco Santander: Emerging From The Eurozone Abyss [View article]
    With time I hope I am proven wrong, since I am long SAN since 3 years, but this stock will need to grow its earnings astronomically for years before SP shows real appreciation. Right now they are just rising with the tide of an appreciating Euro versus US dollar and a less-bad economy in Europe. At over 10 billion shares, and a very high PE of 17, patience will be required. If you want to see what healthy banks look like, look at Canadian banks, e.g. Royal Bank of Canada TSE:RY that has the same market cap as SAN and activities in several parts of the world, better known elsewhere as RBC. A PE of 12.89 and 1.44 billion shares. I would be in favour of a reverse split of 5:1 for SAN which would still give it over 2 billion shares but an ADR price of $36. That would be a start. Increasing share price would drastically cut down on the amount of share given out as scrip dividends.
    Oct 19 01:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SPY Vs. VXX: Pimco Chiefs Call For More Volatility [View article]
    "it goes down even easier than it goes up."

In your opinion Kellie, why is this? Is this based on your view of past performance?

Does this necessarily mean that products shorting VIX will go up more easily than they go down?
    Oct 7 06:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia: Opportunity With Above-Average Rebound Potential Still Exists [View article]
    dw: he is a she. Lee is quite pretty too if her Yahoo profile picture is real. Shows how much you know. ;-)
    Oct 5 03:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Reasons Why Businesses Should And Will File More Claims Against BP [View article]
    THE SPECIALIST ;-)

It must sting to have to admit you were, are and going to be wrong about BP:

" BP wins partial reprieve from oil-spill payments

A court of appeals in New Orleans has ordered District Judge Carl Barbier to temporarily halt some payments on BP (BP) oil-spill claims while Barbier reassesses how to calculate losses that Gulf-coast businesses say they suffered from the 2010 disaster.
    The ruling represents a partial victory for BP, which has said that the claims administrator has been too loose in his interpretation of the terms of a settlement that the company signed to compensate victims of the spill. The upshot, BP has said, is that it has had to pay parties that were not harmed.
    See here for the latest from the second phase of the oil spill trial."
    Oct 3 07:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BP wins partial reprieve from oil-spill payments [View news story]
    About time the feeding frenzy stops.
    Oct 3 06:26 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The New Nokia Has At Least A 20% Upside Potential [View article]
    techno, read between the lines, ie if NOK spends money from here on out to benefit MSFT I'm sure they will be compensated. If you sold your house, would you then continue to spend on renovations just because "you had previously planned it" before the sale?
    Oct 2 04:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The New Nokia Has At Least A 20% Upside Potential [View article]
    seppo: Even if the stars line up I don`t think any small profit will move the needle for NOK. However it may help MSFT.

techno: I don`t think NOK will be spending $ on launches, ramp ups, etc only to let MSFT benefit. What do you think they are, the Salvation Army? No, MSFT will be footing the bill, otherwise some heads will roll, and lawsuits, etc.
    Oct 2 11:44 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment