Charles Santerre

View Charles Santerre's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The New Nokia Has At Least A 20% Upside Potential [View article]
    techno, can you explain briefly how NOK debt will suddenly disappear? They're getting cash for D&S and IP licensing from MSFT, but that has no impact on their debt. What am I missing?
    Sep 13, 2013. 06:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Reasons Why Businesses Should And Will File More Claims Against BP [View article]
    Yeah, that makes sense. But I don`t think you are chanelling Buffet. I was in a stock for 3 years that the crowd disagreed and made out nicely when it was sold to MSFT: NOK. It's just that in this case you are alone in your beliefs while there was quite a following that believed in NOK's prospects despite negative Nellie analysts.
    Sep 13, 2013. 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Author, why does the market not share your view of impending doom? It seems that the stock price should have dove well below $35 if a dividend slash was in the works. Are you saying you have inside information that no other "analyst" has and you are the only one to foresee this? Current stock price says "business as usual", despite various law suits.
    Sep 13, 2013. 03:47 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Author: I am not a lawyer but in my understanding being "irreparably harmed" in the legal sense does not mean the same as in the real world. Taken from a legal definition: "It is also well settled that economic loss does not, in and of itself, constitute irreparable harm."

Sep 13, 2013. 11:02 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The New Nokia Has At Least A 20% Upside Potential [View article]
    Seppo, another solid article! Good for you and all of us richer NOK longs! :-)

Ain't life sweet when things are going your way!

Chin chin to all NOK longs! I lift my glass to all who believed in the last few, very difficult years!
    Sep 12, 2013. 03:44 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Nokia Shorts Were Right All Along, And Fatally Wrong At The Same Time [View article]
    dwd: you think institutions are already piling in at this early stage, before the Nov AGM and before the deal is ratified? Wouldn't that be risky on their part?
    Sep 12, 2013. 09:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Behehehehe!
    Sep 11, 2013. 01:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Maybe your close involvement is blinding you to the big picture. Try to see the situation from both sides. No where do you present any credible proof of this settlement process having any potential to bring BP to its knees as you say. Analyze BP revenue capacity, it would give you some credibility.
    Sep 11, 2013. 05:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    author, you say, ". The purpose of this article is to clear up some of the bad information out there and allow investors to be better informed so that they may weigh the risks against BP better and brace for more claims."

What misinformation and bad information exactly does your article clear up? After a couple of days I'm still trying to find anything here that that can be of use.

As a shareholder I can read about what's going on through traditional media websites objective presentations of facts and assess for myself the level of risk I am exposing my money. Your piece is a total opinion and it is clear what your thoughts are, trouble is it is of no use to investors.
    Sep 10, 2013. 07:23 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Questions The Nokia Board Of Directors Need To Answer [View article]
    TFTF wrong. Long since 3 years, 4.70 avg
    Sep 9, 2013. 09:43 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Congrat on your first article Seppo! I hope there will be more!
    Sep 8, 2013. 05:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I wonder why they didn't consult GH. What a bunch! GH for NOK CEO! He's got all the answers!
    Sep 8, 2013. 05:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Questions The Nokia Board Of Directors Need To Answer [View article]
    logic: exactly! But in my case, I believe insiders in both companies have the info, analyzed it, know what they are doing and are not out to screw us. If it were ever shown that Elop acted improperly, he would never work again in such a position of trust, not at MSFT or elsewhere.
    Sep 8, 2013. 09:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Questions The Nokia Board Of Directors Need To Answer [View article]
    Abu, I forgive you your bluntness. My comment was not directed at you but at those that made affirmations D&S was sold too cheaply to demonstrate why. AFAIK you are asking questions.
    Sep 8, 2013. 08:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Nokia Into The Microsoft Announcement [View article]
    knight, you are passionate about the idea, so what would be a fair price for D&S? Please present us your valuation.
    Sep 7, 2013. 01:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment