Charles Santerre

View Charles Santerre's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 15 Reasons Why Apple Is A Once In A Lifetime Opportunity [View article]
    Shamus: did my comment trigger an emotional response in you? Isn`t that why you called me emotional? I am long-term investor and yes emotions are involved as I am human. But I don`t sell or buy based on daily fluctuations.

As for the iPhone being girly, well I am repeating what I have read elsewhere and on this site, as well as the www. Here`s a Forbes article:
    "Is The iPhone For Girls?" http://onforb.es/N24tcX
    After you finish reading that one, you can peruse another 421M references, that`s almost as many subscribers to China mobile.
    Jul 27 02:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Reasons Why Apple Is A Once In A Lifetime Opportunity [View article]
    Shamus: how many of those 600 M do you estimate can afford an iPhone? The Chinese middle class is not as affluent as the North American. I expect only the affluent Chinese can afford one. Then out of that group, how many want a girly iPhone?
    Jul 27 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can Nokia Hit $5 A Share Once Restructuring Is Completed? [View article]
    bunny:
    - yeah the end is near: up 27% alone this week, maybe the end of the beginning of the turnaround.
    - Nobody wants Lumia smartphones: 6,000,000 nobodies. Lumia sales doubling every quarter, faster than the Android and iOS beginnings. Yeah.
    - Will be present in Q3: sales of new line of full screen, low-priced Asha, as well as sales in new markets for Pureview and Lumia
    Jul 27 02:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Reasons Why Apple Is A Once In A Lifetime Opportunity [View article]
    Pimust: you can be sure a portion of it is just the European situation appearing less desperate. Maybe NOK has hired a team of propagandists in their investor relations to pump out good news to prompt headlines yesterday such as: Nokia conserving cash by dumping Meltemi and today: Deal struck with unions to close the plants in Finland. I hope they just keep feeding analysts what they want to hear who then turn around and feed the info in their rapid trading machines who pump up trade volumes everyday based on news.
    Jul 27 11:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Reasons Why Apple Is A Once In A Lifetime Opportunity [View article]
    Oh where oh where is DVL in recent days? NOK up, AAPL down, DVL absent: I'm sure there is a link.

Hopefully the week will not end in too much "profit taking" for NOK.
    Jul 27 10:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Reasons Why Apple Is A Once In A Lifetime Opportunity [View article]
    Samsung: Apple wouldn’t have sold a single iPhone without stealing our tech
    The two consumer electronics companies are preparing to do battle in San Jose, California next week, and now-public court documents shed light on the positions each firm is taking.

I certainly hope the truth comes out. It will put a little brown tinge on Apple.
    Jul 27 09:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia's Better-Than-Expected Cash Performance A Trap For Investors? [View article]
    the_tourist: "Since then most analysts (who have much deeper information on the company that I have) have come out and said it will be dead in two years. "

Analysts do not have access to more & better info than everyone else. They may take the time to read up on more than the avg investor.

And since when are analysts reliable? If they were, we could just follow their recommendations and worry about other things.
    Jul 27 09:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Reasons Why Apple Is A Once In A Lifetime Opportunity [View article]
    JohnDoe1: now that was funny too! Thanks for giving me my daily morning smile with my coffee! The truth is, no one knows the future, except one day you come to the conclusion that Apple is a company like any other, and, as such, cannot be on top forever. Are you going to say: "Yeah, but it's different this time." :-) That is dangerous.
    Jul 27 08:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Reasons Why Apple Is A Once In A Lifetime Opportunity [View article]
    WhatdoIknow1: LOL!! Man your comment was funny! NOK up for 5th consec. day in Helsinki. Will ADRs follow today?

W8 will revolutionize the world of computers. Finally one interface to rule them all! Oooh aaaah aaaah aaaah! I see the Apple turning brown.
    Jul 27 08:52 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Reasons Why Apple Is A Once In A Lifetime Opportunity [View article]
    bailin: I think the churn rate was low for the hard core Apple fans. It will go up when the all posers just bought Apple 'cause it was cool and a fashion accessory. If you think the ma's and pa's that are wealthy or others that just follow trends are loyal to Apple, you have got a wake up call coming. They have zero loyalty to Apple, 100% loyalty to themselves.
    Jul 26 06:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Is Finnished: Prepare For Bankruptcy [View article]
    go rocky
    Jul 26 06:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Is Finnished: Prepare For Bankruptcy [View article]
    I'm sure part of today's rise is European debt relief rollercoaster. Having said that, I am hoping something is brewing too.
    Jul 26 05:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Reasons Why Apple Is A Once In A Lifetime Opportunity [View article]
    Thanks for the 2 likes people, but I was only kidding. I do not and will not buy Apple products, unless I am forced to as a computer services company to help other Apple users.

I never buy anything at full price. I have a $400 Samsung laptop with a 11 inch screen that is very light and the battery can last 3 hours per charge. I actually got it free by selling other used laptops and came on top.

All of my computers and telephone are Windows based. I really like my Nokia Lumia 800. It's the first phone that I have owned that is not slow, buggy, and crashes on a regular basis. I truly enjoy being able to press one button and seeing time, date, next appt, emails from which accounts have come in, number of missed calls/ v-mails, battery levels, and access to the last MP3 or video that was played: this is all with one button without actually going in to use the phone. Everything at a glance! Now imagine folks: if this is what Nokia was able to produce while being late to the WP7.5 platform, the train had already left the station, imagine what WP8 phones will bring when they will have sufficient time to put their stamp on it.

I think Apple has had a good run and it may continue for a while. But for the majority of the world, that is price conscious, other offerings have caught up to and may jump over Apple in the near future. If I was an Apple stockholder, knowing W8 and WP8 is coming with all the different OEMs flooding the tablet and phone market, I would start to feel tight around the throat and be ever so careful. You know that in tech, it's a long horse race, and the leader changes regularly.
    Jul 26 05:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia (NOK) has scrapped a software project it had hoped would compete with Google's (GOOG) Android, sources say. The Linux-based software platform, code-named Meltemi, would have replaced Nokia's aging Series 40 software, but was reportedly abandoned as part of a massive cost-cutting effort.  [View news story]
    Bulls take long-term shot at Nokia

Nokia has been falling for years, and now one investor thinks it's ready to bounce.

optionMONSTER's Heat Seeker tracking program detected the purchase of about 50,000 January 2014 5 calls for $0.33 to $0.36 against open interest of 38,664 contracts. It accounted for more than half the volume in the mobile stock so far today.

Read more: http://bit.ly/Qlyriz
    Jul 26 04:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Reasons Why Apple Is A Once In A Lifetime Opportunity [View article]
    The leaders at Apple are Gods. They will never make bad mistakes about what their customers want and need. Apple employees are the smartest on the planet. They wrote the book on innovation and marketing. Apple will be no 1 forever, regardless of how much they charge, people will continue to want their products over any others, because the rich are loyal and never get bored. Even if other companies come out with better and less expensive phones and tablets, Apple will find a way to keep the shine on that logo because they're that good.
    Jul 26 01:35 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment