Charles Santerre

View Charles Santerre's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Initial Thoughts On The End Of Nokia As We Know It [View article]
    Storman, I can't believe you would actually admit to wanting to buy an LG, ugh!
    Sep 4 06:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Initial Thoughts On The End Of Nokia As We Know It [View article]
    Google, Samsung and Apple, and all other tech companies, all have and will continue to have failures. MSFT is not the exception
    Sep 4 05:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Initial Thoughts On The End Of Nokia As We Know It [View article]
    OW, I think your comment re lack of cash is spot on. Time was/ in of the essence and MSFT has the resources to help make Lumia a blockbuster. I am not a MSFT hater or disliker but I am disappointed Nokia couldn't have made me rich. I did make a nice profit but not even a single bagger.

Sold a little more than half and now waiting to see what the future holds.
    Sep 4 05:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Initial Thoughts On The End Of Nokia As We Know It [View article]
    I read somewhere that the negotiations were held between Balmer and chairman of Nokia. Apparently Elop was not directly involved.
    Sep 4 05:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Take On Microsoft's Nokia Acquisition [View article]
    tawse, why do you think there will be a legal challenge? Any precedent that you are basing this on?
    Sep 3 10:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Lumias: Niche Products Or Bestsellers? [View article]
    chart says 3% in July 2012
    3.5 % in July 2013
    Sep 2 08:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Lumias: Niche Products Or Bestsellers? [View article]
    Someone can't read a chart. In the US it's up. In fact in all markets except China and Italy it is up.
    Sep 2 03:46 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Worldwide Lumia 1020 Initial Pricing Suggests Nokia Is Testing The Market [View article]
    Chandan, that would be pretty stupid on their part, turning away customers with unlocked phones.
    Aug 27 06:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    youze guys, on my Telus bill it plainly states the monthly amount going towards the cost of the phone. Once that is paid, for example on my plan, the monthly charge will be reduced by $15 (even though I've sold that phone and bought the L1020 unlocked). Also if you go to a carrier with your own phone they will provide a discount, 10% at Telus. Negotiate.
    Aug 27 06:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well, the Nokia website says the opposite. Perhaps you should email the MSFT store website and put them in the right direction.
    Aug 27 06:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Randal, I think you are wrong. The Lumia 1020 as is now, unlocked, should work on any carrier in North America. Look at the specs of the camera which I outline in my most recent article:

I use it on Telus in Canada which is a completely different type of network than AT&T.
    Aug 27 09:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Should Show Further Upside As Microsoft Upgrades Windows [View article]
    in Settings, go to ringtones and sounds, click on dropdown of New text or IM: select sound. OS version 8.0.10327.77

BTW Not all top end Lumias have one GB of Ram only. The L1020 has 2.
    Aug 25 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Nokia's Smartphones Really Doing That Well In Emerging Markets? [View article]
    palma, are you serious? I almost fell off my rocking chair when I read your comments. Good thing I had my feet up on the ottoman. An SA app is not even on the radar. The SA app for Android is nothing to write home about. You can't comment, keep track of new comments, and there are no ads. SA needs to provide an update so it can be useful and monetized for both itself and contributors. Maybe its WP version will be better.
    Aug 24 09:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia 1020 Channel Checks [View article]
    Isn't Instagram popular with teens exclusively? I'm not saying it's not important but if I want to share pictures I will send a SkyDrive link or post on Facebook. I have zero interest in Instagram and don't know anyone who uses it. My wife had it on her phone and uninstalled it because she said "what's the point?"
    Aug 23 06:15 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia: Analysts Are Upgrading Their Estimates [View article]
    Maybe Ferragu is just bashing NOK so he can buy on the cheap.
    Aug 21 10:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment