Charles Santerre

View Charles Santerre's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Digging Deeper: Options Expert Discusses Pinning, Max Pain and Apple (Part Two) [View article]
    Sounds to me that aggregate hedging is a manipulative force.
    Jul 20, 2013. 09:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Trade Apple For Nokia? [View article]
    As of 12 November 2012: Lumia 920 is not yet even announced in Canada.... not taking preorders either. The seller will likely be
    Nov 12, 2012. 09:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • One Risk To Apple's Business: The 'Cool' Factor [View article]
    An interesting video that caught me by surprise: I don`t own an iPhone or any Apple products, so I would not know.

Battelle: Has Apple Lost Its User-Friendly Edge?

Oct 3, 2012. 12:54 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The iPhone 5 And The Dip In Apple [View article]
    entmd: with all the $ Apple has, it can afford to buy these on its own and give them away to "friends". Also many of the freaks that line up at its stores days ahead are likely paid off. No one is stupid enough to sleep in front a store days ahead to get a phone. All paid advertizing for Apple and the "media" gobble it up like steaks for dogs.
    Sep 18, 2012. 10:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Schooled Nokia On Launching New Products [View article]
    madav: I took video while in a lound motorboat in a river with rapids during one of our summer trips: very loud and no distortion, using Lumia 800.
    Sep 15, 2012. 10:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Schooled Nokia On Launching New Products [View article]
    Maybe you're right. Or...

Apple underwhelms with the iPhone 5. Here's why the Nokia Lumia 920 is better.

"Today's winner is...

Today, Apple finally took the wraps off of the long-awaited iPhone 5 (you can get all the dirty details at our sister site iMore). Funny thing happened along the way though to the announcement: many leaks came forward early on that turned out to be highly accurate, taking the punch out of a lot of the new features. What’s more, even the media started to get a bit bored with Apple’s plans for the next-gen device.

The question for our readers though is in terms of raw technology—who came out on top? We say that because we know Apple will win the PR and hype war, but for the first time a Windows Phone has gone toe-to-toe and in terms of specs, has beat out the next-generation iPhone.

read more"

-Sent from WP7 News for Windows Phone 7
    Sep 15, 2012. 10:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The iPhone 5 And The Dip In Apple [View article]
    "I am left quite satisfied." that's your sign AAPL longs: sell!
    Sep 12, 2012. 04:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The iPhone 5 And The Dip In Apple [View article]
    iPhone 5: oh wow, 4 inch screen with LTE and a 5th row of icons: spectacular innovation (yawn)
    Sep 12, 2012. 02:59 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Apple iPhone 5: Put Up Or Shut Up [View article]
    Apple counter culture cool & je ne sais quoi. I regurgitated a bit of my lunch there. Tell the truth: open your wallets for old technology, same old OS, zero innovation and lots of flash. Remember to get lots of sleep before you camp out in line as well. When you wake from your fantasy and want to get a real smartphone, I am sure you will be pleased with a Nokia Lumia: it just works, you can make clear calls and you can drop it without worrying.
    Jul 31, 2012. 04:39 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Reasons Why Apple Is A Once In A Lifetime Opportunity [View article]
    glennvirt: I have secret proof that Steve Jobs is an alien, and is actually not dead. That is the real story behind his "adoption". He will come back and re-visit Earth when we are ready to accept that other forms of life exist. Tim Cook knows this and is paid handsomely to keep this secret. When it becomes feasible, all Apple jobs are being moved out of China to another solar system. Then will Americans still love Apple? Don`t think so.
    Jul 30, 2012. 11:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Reasons Why Apple Is A Once In A Lifetime Opportunity [View article]
    Radar: I'm all for people making money. Remove iPhone from Apple and how does Apple look like honestly? Probably not too hot. I'm not saying iPhone will plunge in popularity anytime soon, but many will say competing products are better and the new iPhone buyers are not necessarily longtime Apple fans, many just bought cause their friends and family had it or it is cool. I don't think there is much loyalty in that crowd. Re iPads, if W8 is a success, which I feel quite confident about since 95% of PC are Windows-based, you can bet that W8 tablets will fly of the shelves. All of this will have some impact on Apple, don't you think?
    Jul 28, 2012. 02:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Reasons Why Apple Is A Once In A Lifetime Opportunity [View article]
    Shamus: did my comment trigger an emotional response in you? Isn`t that why you called me emotional? I am long-term investor and yes emotions are involved as I am human. But I don`t sell or buy based on daily fluctuations.

As for the iPhone being girly, well I am repeating what I have read elsewhere and on this site, as well as the www. Here`s a Forbes article:
    "Is The iPhone For Girls?" http://onforb.es/N24tcX
    After you finish reading that one, you can peruse another 421M references, that`s almost as many subscribers to China mobile.
    Jul 27, 2012. 02:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Reasons Why Apple Is A Once In A Lifetime Opportunity [View article]
    Shamus: how many of those 600 M do you estimate can afford an iPhone? The Chinese middle class is not as affluent as the North American. I expect only the affluent Chinese can afford one. Then out of that group, how many want a girly iPhone?
    Jul 27, 2012. 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Reasons Why Apple Is A Once In A Lifetime Opportunity [View article]
    Pimust: you can be sure a portion of it is just the European situation appearing less desperate. Maybe NOK has hired a team of propagandists in their investor relations to pump out good news to prompt headlines yesterday such as: Nokia conserving cash by dumping Meltemi and today: Deal struck with unions to close the plants in Finland. I hope they just keep feeding analysts what they want to hear who then turn around and feed the info in their rapid trading machines who pump up trade volumes everyday based on news.
    Jul 27, 2012. 11:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Reasons Why Apple Is A Once In A Lifetime Opportunity [View article]
    Oh where oh where is DVL in recent days? NOK up, AAPL down, DVL absent: I'm sure there is a link.

Hopefully the week will not end in too much "profit taking" for NOK.
    Jul 27, 2012. 10:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment