ChartProphet

View ChartProphet's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Crisis Less Extraordinary [View article]
    Very nice comparisons! One day we'll actually find out where this economy is heading
    Aug 14 07:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas, Natural Gas, Natural Gas [View article]
    Read my book "Gold Bubble" or watch any of my interviews. Thanks for the question, definitely an interesting topic.
    Aug 11 10:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix eyes Seinfeld SVOD rights [View news story]
    I'd like to know how NFLX plans to pay for this.

One of the most expensive media content, and NFLX already has over $7.7B in streaming content liabilities.
    Jul 28 10:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can You Lose Weight And Make Money With Weight Watchers? [View article]
    Terrible earnings, but that's why you play these types of things with options.

Small bet, $1.10/share max loss.

Still had an opportunity for a quick 10% gain (30-70% in the options) in a week.
    Holding onto the entire position after such a gain is basically greedy.

Definitely doesn't look good for $WTW anymore.
    Feb 13 04:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Clues To 2014 Revealed By 2013's Big Losers [View article]
    Thanks Pip,

Please see comment above about AAPL.
    Jan 16 09:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Clues To 2014 Revealed By 2013's Big Losers [View article]
    U01 --

You point out good fundamental reasons for AAPL to theoretically go up, but those facts are mostly factored into the price already (many people already expect that to happen, and therefore the stock price can't go up much because of it).

More importantly, I don't think AAPL will ever make new highs because I think the best days for AAPL are already behind it. Yes, Apple could still be a great company and a huge competitor, but the time of maximum popularity and investor enthusiasm has already happened. It could continue higher, but I think the all-time highs would encounter huge selling pressure if we even got up there.
    Jan 16 09:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Clues To 2014 Revealed By 2013's Big Losers [View article]
    Ken,

I agree, it's a pretty big range. The 70% probability though is exactly why I said +/- 10% --- most likely it ends up in that range, but when it comes to specific targets I wrote them right below.
    I discussed the range just to show that those who are expecting huge moves should pay attention to the possibility that the market may be stuck in a trading range this year. Maybe next year it'll have to make a real decision.
    Thanks for the comment
    Jan 16 09:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Large Gains Ahead In Cyclical Commodity Stocks, Depending On China Bounce [View article]
    Daniel,
    Thanks for the question.

There was in fact a brick wall resistance at the time above the market, which stocks struggled at twice before crossing.
    I was pointing out the very bearish developments and risks, which are mostly still around today.
    Fortunately, when prices drop below support or above resistance, it helps a smart technical analyst know he/she is wrong for now. Once stocks moved above that "brick wall" I knew I couldn't fight it.

However, as the market continues to go up, it is increasingly important for investors to be careful.

Commodities will generally move with the rest of the market, so investors must watch out if China deteriorates or the US stock market falls.

CAT and JOY look ok for now, but must watch to see if they stay above recent lows.
    Oct 15 10:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: 8 Massive Warning Signs [View article]
    gbout3:

This is what I said about NFLX on Twitter yesterday:

"$NFLX at a new high...invalidates short-term drop and long-term count, but so many dangerous catalysts out there"

Basically, the fact that it made a new high isn't good for the shorts. Better to see if it falls below the $305 previous high.

I'll update if there's anything urgent. Good luck!
    Sep 11 12:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Might Be Twisting Its Cash Flow Statement [View article]
    Shmulik -

Excellent point! Cash flow from operations is one of the top things to watch.

Unfortunately, there is even MUCH worse going on at Netflix than just CFO manipulation.

Check out my article that points to a bunch of other potential accounting issues:
    Aug 18 01:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: 8 Massive Warning Signs [View article]
    Thanks to everyone for the great comments!!

I was afraid when most people agreed with me (usually when too many people agree it doesn't play out), but it seems to have worked out.

There is still so much bad news to come, so we'll have to wait and see.
    Jul 22 11:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: 8 Massive Warning Signs [View article]
    bdy -

I bought small positions in put options early today.

One is $210 puts and the other is $175 puts. I have about 60 days for it to play out, but it also doesn't have to make it there for it to be a profitable trade.
    Jul 22 09:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Going To $500? [View article]
    You're right, but isn't the important part making money?

If some of the gold bugs listened to the warnings, they would have saved thousands, millions, or (in Paulson's case) billions of dollars.

And those that listened to my shorting strategies are up a few hundred percent right now. Me included :)

You still have the chance to do the same, but maybe wait for a bounce.
    May 16 08:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Going To $500? [View article]
    True Major Miner.
    There is so much more to this gold story that will take place over the next few years.
    I was just pointing out that most of these gold bears had no predictions or guts when it actually mattered -- before the fall...they simply join the bandwagon after everyone has already accepted that gold is falling.

It's similar to those who said they "love gold" when it hit $1400+ on the way up, when in fact they missed the $1000+ move starting in 1999.
    May 16 02:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Going To $500? [View article]
    Let me just remind everyone that when I said gold was going to $700, NO ONE was even close to saying gold was going anywhere below $1200.

Then, AFTER gold started falling, everyone came out with "brave" calls that it would fall to $1000, $800, and now $500.

May 16 12:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment