Chemistfrog

View Chemistfrog's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Provenge And NeuVax: A Tale Of 2 Marvels [View article]
    LOL! So I guess they should have stopped making automobiles after the first ones had no shocks, were uncomfortable, had no AC and had top speeds of no more than 40 MPH? The same concept applies for anything new. If a new product comes out that is "first in class" the concept should be scrapped if it's not perfect initially?
    May 17 04:45 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ImmunoCellular Therapeutics' Growing Intellectual Property Garnering Attention [View article]
    Pump? I have no reason to "pump". As far as price dropping, I don't foresee it with phase 2 ICT-107 enrollment completion coming up soon and interim data a few short months away. Most of a biotechs's run up due to clinical data occurs due to phase 2 trial results which have great possibilities if results are as impressive as the small patient set in the phase I. I have little bias here in what I write. I am simply optimistic about the drug and its possibilities both for GBM and other indications. I also like how this is legitimizing the immunotherapy approach to fighting cancer and its recurrence. Dendreon was just the beginning, and I am grateful for their work and success. Now it appears biotechs are more fully perfecting their approach and giving real hope to cancer patients. The best long-term approach to treating cancer simply cannot be continuous poisoning of patients' bodies with chemotherapy agents as the long-term ramifications and side effects are obvious. However, in many indications it is still the best treatment option, especially as a first line approach. I see ImmunoCellular and many other biotechs not only perfecting this approach as a recurrence prevention, but also as a first line treatment. Big Pharma already realizes all this and is and will be working hard to develop or acquire the same technologies. Thanks for the comments... CF
    Mar 28 01:57 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • OncoSec's And Ziopharm's IL-12 Targeted Delivery Systems: Which Will Succeed? [View article]
    Lots of interesting comments -- some relevant and some not so much.. :) The point: here we have additional information to help investors make their own investment decisions. Now it's time to let the data speak.
    Jun 15 08:39 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Affymax: Long-Term Value Far From Anemic [View article]
    Hematide has great efficacy and a good safety profile for the dialysis patient leg of the study. It will, no doubt, have an NDA submission later this year and likely FDA approval early in 2011 for the patients on dialysis. The non-dialysis leg of the study may not get an NDA and consequently FDA approval as of now. However, with the great efficacy, perhaps a lower dosage can be ran through an abbreviated phase III trial to give the safety profile enough of a boost to get it through submission. In the meanwhile, they will be generating revenue through the dialysis patient portion of the population along with having the $30 million milestone payment they received today which will be more than enough to get it through trials without dilution. Great article!!
    Jun 22 10:15 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The comparison for the electroporation versus the AD vector was presented as above because it was the only head-to-head trial of the two techniques I could find ANYWHERE. I also used this comparison as an article on NCBI http://1.usa.gov/11aIYB7 notes "The most potent recombinant vector system for induction of cellular immune responses in macaques and humans is adenovirus serotype 5 (Ad5)". Only Inovio and OncoSec have utilized electroporation with this level of success, and I believe both are worth a closer look by investors. Logic says Inovio's electroporation data versus "the most potent recombinant vector for induction of cellular immune responses" is a fair comparison, although it certainly does not indicate success or failure of either platform. I agree, this is not a perfect comparison. It only gives us, as investors, an additional piece of information that we can use at our discretion, along with all other available information, to make wise investment decisions -- especially between the two options presented. Am I an expert? No, I am not. I use my research and careful wording to give investors a bit more information than may at first appear to be available to them. I am a chemist via education and training which helps to give me research skills to dig a little deeper, just an any investor should. I wish BOTH companies a great deal of success in their platforms and hope both are successful.

Thanks for the feedback guys and best of luck to all of us as investors and to the healthcare sector and patients needing better cancer treatments than the traditional chemotherapy, radiotherapy or resection options now out there. The immunotherapy approach for treating cancer is likely the next evolutionary step in the fight against cancer. I am excited about the prospects presented by these small-capitalization biotechs and large pharmaceuticals.
    Jun 12 09:51 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Tale Of Three Pharmaceuticals: Getting Exciting In 2013 [View article]
    Thanks Joe. I believe there are a great many people with INO on their watch lists due to its large targeted market group, but they're awaiting more solid proof of efficacy before jumping in... Actually, I don't yet have a position either, but will likely open one this week as I'm a bargain shopper and usually don't buy on a gap up kind of day like today... Good luck ahead Joe!
    Apr 29 08:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Affymax Will Rise Again [View article]
    Nice, informative article WalkTheTalk. You've done a great deal of work on this piece. There are so many positive ways for this to play out with solid upside potential ranging from labeling restrictions all the way up to no restrictions whatsoever if the fault is found to be with an adjuvant or manufacturing issue (bad raw material, etc).

Yes, the downside does exist and I will keep that in mind. I have stop limits in place but do realize they wouldn't be of any help in a "gap down" type of scenario.

Thanks again for the work and I appreciate the insight. As investors we all have to weigh the risks and ascertain what is truth, partial truth or fiction. You add more information to our arsenal by which we can hopefully make our decisions. Please keep up the good work!
    CF
    Mar 20 10:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Speculation On The Cause Of The OMONTYS Recall [View article]
    Great points all! The my goal with every piece I write is that my work is the BEGINNING of investors' due diligence. I hope for the patients' sakes and the investors experiencing the huge financial loss that everything works out well with OMONTYS.
    Mar 1 08:47 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Speculation On The Cause Of The OMONTYS Recall [View article]
    Agreed Value. Nice points as well CS. It would be interesting to see if common "prick" tests or other means of evaluating for hypersensitivity would elicit a response (perhaps using one of the patients already having an adverse response).

I'll keep my eyes peeled for more updates. In terms of a "best case scenario", I hope for either a quick and easy means by which to eliminate the patient population that could be at risk or a simple resolution to the manufacturing issues, if there is one found.
    Feb 28 08:27 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotech Weekly Recap: Loads Of Bullishness, 2 Giant Rallies, And Selling [View article]
    Nice article Brian. Great info.
    Dec 2 10:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dendreon: Room For Improvement [View article]
    I am not aware of this happening personally. I have only been compensated by Seeking Alpha, and not recently there as you can see I haven't posted a "Premium Article" in quite some time. My most recent articles have focused primarily on cancer treatments of many types (mostly immunotherapy in last few months) as my focus has changed since my oldest brother's diagnosis with stage IV colorectal cancer about a year ago. Please read through my tweets in my Twitter account and you'll see many references to him over the last 6 months in particular. Thanks for reading and thanks for your interest and other's interest in the immunotherapy approach to fighting a host of cancers. It offers great potential for both investors' portfolios and for patients badly needing a safer and more effective means for fighting cancers. One final thought, Seeking Alpha is a great venue for rookie writers such as me testing the waters with my writings and research, and I would not want to jeopardize my relationship with them by going against their policy on paid disclosures. Thanks again for reading.
    Jun 13 09:48 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Galena Biopharma: How Long Can Big Pharma Wait? [View article]
    Hmmmm... I think key in Amy's article is the fact that Roche is very well aware of Neuvax and will be watching progression very closely. They will have dibs at looking at the data early and closely. They have been very prudent with their acquisitions and perceived success here may merit an investment (like with Genentech) in at least a piece of the company. The low, medium and high HER2 expressions in breast cancer represent 75% of breast cancer patients?? Sorry, but they are watching this more than they let on. If Roche came out and said "we are very interested in Neuvax and are watching it very closely as a potential acquisition/partnership" they know the investors would snap up shares and drive up the market cap or could even force another large pharmaceutical that is watching this to go ahead and buy out from underneath them. Of course, this is all conjecture but that is what the biotech world is all about... For less than $40 million market cap, this COULD be a real steal here.. Watching how this unfolds closely...

Nice logic and relevant points Amy!
    Apr 23 10:10 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stem Cell Research: Which Companies Will Emerge As Frontrunners? [View article]
    Please reread the excerpt VERY SLOWLY:
    "The vote will be for a 1:20 to 1:80 reverse split, typically a negative event for current shareholders. They also announced an application to the NASDAQ board for an uplisting from their current OTC board which would greatly increase the stock's liquidity as well as make it available to funds and larger investors not willing to work with bulletin board listed stocks. "
    I mentioned both aspects of the RS, the negative and the positive. I have done my homework.
    Apr 20 08:37 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exciting Stem Cell Investment Candidates With Near-Term Catalysts [View article]
    Great to see the commentary! There are many possibilities in the sector, and I may try to follow this up with a few more. I love the possibilities in these three and perhaps revisit ACTC as a possibility.
    Nov 13 05:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Second Half Of Year Offers Multiple Catalysts For NovaBay Pharmaceuticals [View article]

NovaBay Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Results from Phase 2 Clinical Study of Auriclosene to Reduce Urinary Catheter Blockage and Encrustation
    Sep 16 11:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment