This user currently has no profile.
I'm the author of five published books, a mom and a cancer survivor. I got my start thirty-two years ago doing research for a UCLA economics professor who wrote a stock-picking newsletter. I have been involved in information technology, dental and medical research (former clinical editor with Dentistry Today magazine) and software design. Right now, I'm finishing my sixth book, and writing articles on Seeking Alpha for others who (like me) enjoy doing extensive investment research and profiting from it.
- Description: Occasional Investor. Trading frequency: Weekly
- Interests: Bonds, Dividend stock ideas & income, Energy stocks, Foreign stocks, Mutual funds, Stocks - long, Tech stocks
Currently, you have no company profile. Click edit to add a company profile.
A Mug's Game The Story: She seems like the girl of his dreams, beautiful, friendly and eager to please. For Jimmie Barlow, the hero of A MUG'S GAME, billionaire's daughter Greta is a lifeline to the world, which he has loosened his hold on since losing his parents in a drunk driving accident. Smitten almost ...More
immediately, he doesn't realize his new girlfriend wants him to commit murder. A MUG'S GAME is set in San Francisco, that plastic city of manufactured desires and frenzied hook-ups. The timing is our modern jacked-in era, where isolation is a default state, and everyone seems more plugged in to their computers than to other people. Jimmie meets Greta through a videogame that quickly becomes more compelling than his real-life existence. As the game advances to the virtual reality realm, it becomes mind-blowingly realistic. And there's only one rule: kill or be killed. The killing is all for fun though. Nothing but a dark and thrilling digital fantasy. Yeah, right. When what little family Jimmie has left gets involved, he faces a devastating realization, and a decision that will shake the foundations of his existence. Provocative and unpredictable, A MUG'S GAME is part noir mystery and part techno-thriller. Get ready for a killer game and a killer ride. The Audience: A MUG'S GAME is suitable for anyone interested in how crazy life can get, and how impossible things are possible after all.
LATEST STOCKTALK more »
Latest Comments more »
- Thanks, Jim, for your eagle... on Qualcomm: A Huge New Frontier Makes It A Shrewd...
- Michael, Your comments alwa... on Qualcomm: A Huge New Frontier Makes It A Shrewd...
- Thanks for the recommendati... on Qualcomm: A Huge New Frontier Makes It A Shrewd...
- When you're not sure, keep ... on Qualcomm: A Huge New Frontier Makes It A Shrewd...
- Love that song! I once hear... on Qualcomm: A Huge New Frontier Makes It A Shrewd...
Latest comments on Cheryl Swanson's Articles