Chicago Long

View Chicago Long's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Will Seadrill Be Able To Sustain Its Dividends? [View article]
    Curious to see whether this is now priced into the stock. Rumor has been out a while. I'm long.
    Feb 14 11:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Roundy's: Raising Bullish Outlook From Dominick's Acquisitions [View article]
    Stop using my article as your vehicle to promote yourself. Write your own.
    Dec 19 01:44 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Roundy's: Raising Bullish Outlook From Dominick's Acquisitions [View article]
    Completely fair and you are right. I perhaps wrongly assume they won't slap us with that kind of dilution all at once or anytime soon. They would be smart to wait until they demonstrate results and the stock goes up (and we all get out).
    Dec 13 11:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Roundy's: Raising Bullish Outlook From Dominick's Acquisitions [View article]
    Moody's feels default is less likely due to its change in capital structure (seems procedural more than anything). Moody's also notes its favorable outlook on Dominick's acquisition...but states Roundy's as a whole remains challenged with its core business and a large acquisition integration ahead, "...Roundy's meaningful regional presence ...will improve over time with the addition of the Dominick's locations, as well as the company's good liquidity. While Moody's believes the Dominick's acquisition makes strategic sense, we note that Roundy's will be integrating this acquisition while at the same time experiencing challenges in its core business, which increases the overall risk profile for the company over the intermediate term." Fair enough. It seems Moody's will give them until 2015 to prove things are running smoothly and will reassess the rating at that time (barring no major events before then).

As to the threshold of an upgrade, Moody's makes it easy on us, "Quantitatively, an upgrade would require debt/EBITDA to be sustained below 5.25 times and EBITA/interest is sustained above 2.0 times." I do not see a lot of new news here.
    Dec 13 10:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Citi Is Late And Wrong On Cisco [View article]
    Only thing I'd note is if they don't move quickly on SDN (Software Defined Networking), they could get crushed. That comes from employees directly.
    Dec 12 02:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Citi Is Late And Wrong On Cisco [View article]
    Agree I am long CSCO. Yield is way too attractive for a company that has plenty of legs.
    Dec 11 01:23 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Analysis Of Lumber Liquidators' Updated Guidance [View article]
    Great analysis!
    Dec 11 11:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Read This Before Investing In Diageo [View article]
    Agree. I like the stock and am currently drafting an article on it. Hopefully it will be as good as yours (don't worry, I take a different perspective on stocks...I don't steal others' works)!

Just wanted to say thanks.
    Dec 7 05:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cardtronics: Rapidly Growing Small Cap With A Niche [View article]
    I really appreciated this analysis. I am considering joining Covestor and am glad to be in such company. It is an introduction to a new idea for me (though I understand this is an old report and I will need to do some work on it at this point).
    Dec 6 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Astronics Surges On Record Results [View article]
    I like the idea - just wondering how best to perform some customer due diligence. Do you know who to contact?
    Dec 6 01:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vale: Tax Settlement, Capital Discipline And $4 Billion Dividend Offer Upside [View article]
    I am a huge fan of this stock and unfortunately only recently got long.
    Dec 6 12:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Do Analyst Upgrades And Coverage Mean For QuickLogic? [View article]
    Agree it appears at this point to be the stock of the future and always will be. At my entry price (disclosure: $2.33) I view it as a call option with no expiry. For now, my conviction is higher elsewhere but I like the outlook and prospect.
    Dec 6 12:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Screening For Building Materials [View article]
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner.
    Dec 6 11:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: 6% Yield And Nearly 30% Upside Potential [View article]
    Thank you - I appreciate this idea and perspective.
    Dec 6 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Do Analyst Upgrades And Coverage Mean For QuickLogic? [View article]
    I love this stock and am very long. Thank you!
    Dec 6 10:16 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment