Chimera Research Group

View Chimera Research Group's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Calistoga and Plexxikon: Gone in The Blink Of An Eye [View instapost]
    Jean Pierre,

A biotech crash? That's easy, I'd go all in!

Not the most exciting list, but I'd go for Incyte, Seattle Genetics, and Pharmasset. The fourth is not as decisive, split between Cubist, Micromet, Pharmacyclics, Trius, others.
    May 15 01:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Calistoga and Plexxikon: Gone in The Blink Of An Eye [View instapost]
    Yeah, if there was a huge correction, I'd pick up a bunch of these.

You know I like Micromet.
    I'd probably buy some Momenta, Immunogen, and possibly Curis.

Not too familiar with Sinovac , Cardiome, and Cadance- maybe you can fill me in.

Jason
    May 14 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micromet Leads in Bispecific Antibodies [View article]
    Bruce,
    Intrexon's got some very interesting technology, but it's such an early stage. DNA based meds certainly will be real- I don't know if the modularity is that much of an advantage though. Rheostat is neat also, but waiting to see how that translates into a medical advantage. Maybe I just don't understand the technology.
    May 12 10:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Calistoga and Plexxikon: Gone in The Blink Of An Eye [View instapost]
    Curious, by Mannkind? Seems you're not the only one though...
    Why not SGEN, guess a bit pricey now, but at its stage, I think its valued similarly to IMGN

Why I holding VRUS and ALXN? Sure HepC is crowded, but I see it shaking out like the HIV field where a few companies will take most of the market and one (GILD) owns most of it. VRUS to me, will be GILD. Sure, Vertex, Merck got there first, and they will change standard of care, adding direct adding drugs to interferon, etc. But they also add another layer of tox. HepC is best cured at the early stage, but drug usually isn't given then because something like 40% patients will cure themselves- why deal with interferon?
    An interferon free treatment will be a real advance, I believe it will enable docs to treat early, cure more, faster, less side effects.
    VRUS has cash, a drug in collaboration with Roche in late stage, works in the most interesting class of compounds, and has the potential for the best combo treatment.

Alexion is already a 10 billion stock, but room to grow. Its single drug likely to generate greater than 2 billion in sales and it owns the whole thing. Pricey, yes, but highly efficacious in multiple indications. Test it in 10 people and you have good confidence if it works, move on to larger studies. Not like cancer, never know what will happen.
    Company is well managed, great execution. Think Celgene in earlier years. Also like its recent acquisition of competing/complementary orphan drug company.

I personally feel a lot of bios are pretty high right now. I'm not buying any midcaps, looking more at smallcaps.
    May 12 05:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Calistoga and Plexxikon: Gone in The Blink Of An Eye [View instapost]
    I thought Incyte WAS a midcap! If larger than that, there are few biotechs to be found. I like Alexion and Pharmasset, but they've had pretty decent runs already. I'm keeping them for the long term.
    Not a personal fan of Vertex, Dendreon, HGSI, or REGN.
    I may very well be wrong on all four.
    What did you have in mind?
    May 11 03:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Teva Positioned to Acquire Spectrum Pharmaceuticals After Fusilev Approval [View article]
    A bit counterintuitive- why then would TEVA ever file a Paragraph IV- just buy the company!
    Apr 28 06:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Incyte and YM Biosciences in Race to Market Strongest JAK Inhibitor [View article]
    Thanks James- I appreciate it. I'll consider doing another down the line when it gets more interesting.
    Apr 25 01:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks all, glad you found the article interesting.

Just wanted to say I am positive on YMI, at least in the mid-term due to the high potential of JAK inhibitors. Though YMI may not be entirely differentiated from INCY (time will tell), its activity and safety should make it very attractive to partners.

As for market in 2015- that's something analysts expect. P3 will not begin untill 2012, give that about 2 years to accrue and complete, brings you to 2014, another minimum 6 months for approval will take you to about 2015.

Jason
    Apr 24 08:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Depomed: Light-Risk Small Pharma With Huge Potential [View article]
    There are risks, this is biotech!
    Apr 21 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Depomed: Light-Risk Small Pharma With Huge Potential [View article]
    Good summary and thanks for the shoutout/credit.
    Apr 21 10:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Strategies and Outlook for Xenoport's Upcoming FDA PDUFA Date [View article]
    congrats!
    Apr 6 07:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Strategies and Outlook for Xenoport's Upcoming FDA PDUFA Date [View article]
    Feels good to be right.
    Apr 6 07:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Despite Abbott Parting With Gralise, Depomed's Future Looks Bright [View article]
    We had some nice price strength for you to sell into.

I think the weakness presents a buying opportunity.

It would be wildly bullish if $DEPO drops sufficiently with $XNPT approval.

I think playing long both is a decent hedge for both.

I think XNPT approval DEPO moves down, with XNPT CRL DEPO moves up.
    Apr 6 10:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Strategies and Outlook for Xenoport's Upcoming FDA PDUFA Date [View article]
    60/40 for approval
    Mar 31 02:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading XenoPort's PDUFA Event [View article]
    No problem -- the broker doesn't really close it out; the trades actually offset each other, i.e. you "buy" the shares at 8 and then "sell" them at 9 (since you sold the right to buy the shares at 9)...
    Mar 31 12:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment