Chris DeMuth Jr.

View Chris DeMuth Jr.'s Comments BY TICKER:
  • Quote Of The Day – Saturday, April 18, 2015 [View instapost]
    Aaron Faulkner, none that I noticed. I am just a big Herman Kahn fan. He used logic in his masterful On Thermonuclear War (http://amzn.to/1JU3jhO) which some people found shocking and upsetting, "goodness the stakes are too high! you can't use logic! That is insensitive!" If you've read much of my writing, you probably could guess that I think that if the stakes are high, that is exactly when we should be the most careful to use logic.
    Apr 18, 2015. 08:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Turn Steel Into Gold With ALJ Regional Holdings [View article]
    ALJ Regional Holdings (OTCPK:ALJJ) hit a new 52-week high.
    Apr 18, 2015. 06:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reynolds' Cigarettes Are Good For You(r Portfolio) [View article]
    I hope and expect so. I could almost take a deep, refreshing drag on a Newport cigarette to celebrate. Almost.
    Apr 18, 2015. 06:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Around The World Shopping Spree [View instapost]
    That is my #1 favorite investment of any investment that has recently had assets on the Crimea confiscated.
    Apr 18, 2015. 05:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Around The World Shopping Spree [View instapost]
    Nice! Those are my people (about 300 years ago when we left for America), and a good looking people they/we are.
    Apr 18, 2015. 05:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reynolds' Cigarettes Are Good For You(r Portfolio) [View article]
    I respect your point of view, FrancisH. Thanks for the comment. My sense is that view is widely held and it impacts the price of tobacco companies.
    Apr 18, 2015. 05:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Halliburton Clearance Sale Going On Now [View article]
    pervaiz66, writing a very long dated BHI put might be a great idea. If I am correct in my deal assumptions, you would make money writing the contract that you mentioned. However, the contract will be re-characterized as a contract on the merger consideration. So, you will have some exposure to HAL until the expiration date.
    Apr 18, 2015. 04:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Around The World Shopping Spree [View instapost]
    I would not call it that, but if that is spamming, then I am all for spamming net-nets!
    Apr 18, 2015. 04:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Around The World Shopping Spree [View instapost]
    Robert Duval, I don't have any thoughts on those but perhaps I should have thoughts on them. What are yours?
    Apr 18, 2015. 03:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sifting The World Membership Agreement [View instapost]
    I agree 100%, jbzw.
    Apr 18, 2015. 02:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Halliburton Clearance Sale Going On Now [View article]
    Yes, absolutely, Robert_A; in fact that is far and away the most common merger arbitrage tactic, to simply own BHI and short HAL at the deal ratio.
    Apr 18, 2015. 12:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Week In The Life Of Sifting The World – Friday, April 17, 2015 [View instapost]
    (I am primarily managing my own/family money). In my case internal capital is mine and my family's.
    Apr 18, 2015. 12:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It depends. A majority of my exits are private market exits instead of public market exits, so in a sense they can be more liquid (also no commissions) when they are liquidated or acquired.
    Apr 18, 2015. 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T Clearance Sale Going On Now [View article]
    zorrow, good question and one very much on my mind. I am interested in others' answers, but here are mine. No, I do not think that the DoJ will have second thoughts about T-DTV. Yes, I do think that some investors might link the two deals in their minds. If that suppresses the DTV stock price in the near term, that could lead to a good opportunity this next week.
    Apr 18, 2015. 10:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T Clearance Sale Going On Now [View article]
    Q10 investigatior, good question. I don't have a good answer. What do you think?
    Apr 18, 2015. 10:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment