Chris DeMuth Jr.

View Chris DeMuth Jr.'s Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Saving Extra Firepower For Orbitz [View article]
    Speetzman,

I was rushing out the door to head to NYC to take my wife and friends to a Broadway show, but I added over a million dollars to my OWW position (which is a majority of the OWW equity that I have bought since the deal was announced) in the last few minutes of yesterday's trading. The antitrust authorities are not yet ready to make a decision and I don't know what the problem would be other than antitrust.
    May 29, 2015. 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Saving Extra Firepower For Orbitz [View article]
    atp2000,

I am pretty sure that one of several alternative bidders was willing to pay at least $9.50 to $10.50.
    May 29, 2015. 10:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The No. 1 Stock In The World - Part 2 [View article]
    Jorge,

Since it specified "company", I don't get to say XIV as I would have and as I answered a similar question here: http://seekingalpha.co.... It is up over 18% since then but it is still a favorite of mine. My model portfolio (http://tinyurl.com/nlo...) is up over 70% so far this year owing to XIV.

For a company, my answer to question one would be ALTR as mentioned recently here (http://seekingalpha.co...) because I expect it to be bought within a week for a price in the mid-fifties. INTC management's and ALTR's owners' commitment to a deal is high.

As for question two, I would say BNCC for reasons described here: http://seekingalpha.co...
    May 29, 2015. 09:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Integrated Silicon Solution Faces A Bumpy Road [View article]
    ISSI and Uphill Agree on Increased Price for Acquisition of ISSI: http://bit.ly/1Ayjcun
    ISSI Sets New Date for Special Meeting of Stockholders

MILPITAS, Calif., May 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Integrated Silicon Solution, Inc. (ISSI), a global fabless semiconductor company, today announced that it has entered into an amendment to its previously announced merger agreement with Uphill Investment Co ("Uphill").

Under the terms of the amendment, the merger consideration was increased to $20.00 per share in cash, from the $19.25 per share in cash pursuant to the Agreement of Merger dated as of March 12, 2015 (the "Uphill Agreement"). ISSI also announced that its special meeting of stockholders to consider approval of the Uphill acquisition and related matters will be held on June 12, 2015 at 2:00 p.m. local time, at the offices of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, P.C., 650 Page Mill Road, Palo Alto, California 94304. ISSI stockholders of record as of the close of business on April 20, 2015 are entitled to notice of, and to vote at, the special meeting.

The ISSI Board of Directors has approved the amendment to the Uphill Agreement and continues to recommend that ISSI's stockholders vote FOR the adoption of the Uphill Agreement, as amended. "ISSI is pleased with this amendment which provides for increased value to ISSI's stockholders. ISSI and Uphill remain committed to completing this transaction as soon as possible," commented Scott Howarth, ISSI's President and Chief Executive Officer.

ISSI and Uphill amended the Uphill Agreement after ISSI received a previously announced non-binding offer by Cypress Semiconductor to acquire all of ISSI's common stock for a cash purchase price of $19.75 per share. After considering that the non-binding offer from Cypress had a lower price than the $20.00 per share provided by the amended Uphill Agreement, the ISSI Board has determined that the non-binding proposal from Cypress no longer constitutes, and would not be reasonably expected to lead to a Superior Proposal (as defined in the Uphill Agreement).
    May 29, 2015. 09:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What I Read On Seeking Alpha [View article]
    Good question but I don't know the answer.
    May 29, 2015. 09:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Activity Is A Bullish Sentiment - Cramer's Mad Money (5/28/15) [View article]
    But Cramer's Mad Money bullish calls are bearish indicators. Therein lies a paradox regarding the bullishness of merger activity hyped on the show.
    May 29, 2015. 08:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • NY Post: Intel nears $15B deal for Altera [View news story]
    sohail88,

The bid:ask spread has been roughly $54:58. ALTR holders are encouraging to INTC that a deal in the mid-$50s would be well received. However, ALTR recent financial results have been soft enough that the final price will probably be closer to $54 than to $58. $55 would be one possibility.
    May 29, 2015. 07:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • NY Post: Intel nears $15B deal for Altera [View news story]
    My $0.02 on ALTR: http://seekingalpha.co...
    May 29, 2015. 06:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Singapore's Greatest Strength Could One Day Turn Against It [View article]
    Thanks for writing about Singapore. I am an unabashed groupie: http://seekingalpha.co...
    May 28, 2015. 03:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What I Read On Seeking Alpha [View article]
    Shelby Cardozo,

Great question.

In my case as an investor, I read something that interests me. If it is the rare piece that I find convincing, then it might get me all the way to the starting line. Then I call the managements and board members of the companies mentioned. I read the SEC filings down to the footnotes. I do fundamental analysis of their financials. In short, I do my own work. If after a number of years, the facts consistently confirms a given writer's hypotheses, then it slowly builds his credibility. With that credibility, I get more quickly and easily guided along to future starting lines.
    May 28, 2015. 03:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 18% Annualized Net Return With Dresser-Rand [View article]
    DRC hit a 52-week high.
    May 28, 2015. 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What I Read On Seeking Alpha [View article]
    peace 2 u,

Here is a post that discusses some of my favorite commenters: http://seekingalpha.co...
    May 28, 2015. 02:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How It Fits Together [View instapost]
    Alexander,

Just shoot me a direct message.
    May 28, 2015. 02:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What I Read On Seeking Alpha [View article]
    Thank you, User 287721.
    May 28, 2015. 02:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 16% Annual Return From Malone's Time Warner Cable Deal [View article]
    I have no position in CHTR one way or the other and have no plans to take any CHTR position. I was just trying to say that taking a bearish position in CHTR via equity or equity options as you suggested was a fine alternative.
    May 28, 2015. 01:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment