Chris Fernandez

View Chris Fernandez's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Two Stocks to Consider Shorting [View article]
    Hey guys,

I agree wholeheartedly about all your comments concerning the TBT...there is risk with every single play out there right now or else we would all be Bernie Madoff, and promising amazing gains over and over again with no downside.

All the picks that I make are purely speculative in nature and are high risk.

That's what I specialize in, and it isn't for everyone.

That being said, I believe that once the institutional money starts flowing out of STRA, it will be a race to the exits...again, I don't think that now is the time to short STRA, we must wait for our entry point with caution, and make sure things are playing out to our advantage.

Dont worry, as sector rotation starts to happen, STRA will fall with the rest of the secondary education names as Wall Street buys up the next great bull rush in another sector.

Wait for it...wait for it...and then pounce!

I'll be watching closely.

Feb 10 01:09 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GeoEye: 10 Thoughts on What's Going On [View article]
    Hey Collins,

Yep, this is good news indeed, now for the final cert., which should provide another good pop in the stock price as well.

You are most welcome for the work that I do...stocks are a passion of mine, and Iove "discovering" small companies like GeoEye that are grossly underrvalued.

Feb 7 04:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • uWink Delists Itself [View article]
    Hey John,

Yep, it looks like you were right, and I was wrong, at least on this iteration of uWink.

Thanks for bringing some good tidings!
    Feb 5 04:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GeoEye: 10 Thoughts on What's Going On [View article]
    Hey Collins,

It looks like none of that matters anymore as today the company finally released GeoEye-1 images for commercial purchase, and submitted them to the NGA for final approval for the Service Level Agreement.

Looks like we are golden now.

Feb 5 04:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Treasuries' True Risk [View article]
    Hey Paco,

I loved your article above and the analysis, and would love to reprint it on my website PeakStocks.com

Since there is no way for me to contact you via Seeking Alpha other than this posting, can you please visit my website: PeakStocks.com, and simply use the contact form at the bottom of each page, to email me, and we can discuss republishing this article on the site with full attribution of course.

Chris Fernandez
    Jan 18 06:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Rick's to Open Nude Bar, GeoEye Helps Catch Pirates Off Kenya [View article]
    Hey Collins,

Sure, no problem, and thanks for asking.

My rationale is based on several things: talk that I have been hearing from analysts, the street, message boards, intuition, and GeoEye's own press releases.

Put them all together, and I get a distinct sense that GeoEye hasn't even fixed their problems yet of the imagery, let alone asked for it to be certified.

Therefore, since they haven't even addressed the software problems full force yet, once they do, they will still need to get approval for the imagery.

All that being said, I see a substantial delay taking place, above and beyond the present delay, which would put us already into the middle of Q1.

I like to take a worst-case scenario approach, thus I would be happy if the imagery were certified by the end of Q1, rather than not at all.

All this is based on speculation, and not fact, so please do your own digging around to verify the facts to your liking, but as far as I can tell, this thing might take awhile.

Jan 16 01:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ETF Ideas [View article]
    Hey22,

Good points all, thanks for sharing them.

I suppose what I meant was that shorting Treasuries is not simple for most people, or something they are comfortable with or readily would do.

An ETF presents a much simpler way of transacting the trade.

As for the "bubble" scenario, you make a good point, and it is certainly something to watch...but at current rates, I still argue that Treasuries are not the place to be going forward for long term investors.

Jan 14 03:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is GeoEye Poised to Take Off? [View article]
    Hey guys,

To address your concerns/lambasting:

First of all, if you take a look at my website, NOT the seeking Alpha reprints, I NEVER advocated a buy of GeoEye at anything above $22.00 per share, and again at $16.50. Please take a look at my site, at the end of each post for GeoEye is the information telling you when I put out buy recommendations for better or worse.

As far as recession, c'mon did you even read the post or are you just trying to get your SA comments rating higher?

GeoEye is a satellite imagery company selling to the U.S. government, and foreign governments! It is not dependent in any way shape or form on the US consumer.

Now as for the other gentleman and his assertion that I am "pumping" the stock, you bet your ass I am.

But rather than pumping it without reason, I put nice little pictures for you guys to scan through and look at, since you clearly don't actually read the posts, showing my reasons for pumping it.

Oh, and as for the insiders that sold the stock, once again, the amount they sold was immaterial, and while insiders sell for a myriad of reasons, they only purchase shares for 1, and that's to make money off of a rising share price.

Finally, GeoEye's high short interest is strictly as a result of their debt structure, NOT because of pure shorts, so a short squeeze is not likely to occur.

Guys, I ask that you please make informed comments before spouting off.

I, and other authors, take a lot of our time to do quality research, please respect that and at least read the post.

Thanks,
    Dec 31 11:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rick’s: Still Entertaining or Ready to Slide? [View article]
    I think what it all boils down to at this point, is that we're all going to be waiting and listening in to Rick's conference call on Monday to see what our next move should be in regards to the stock.

I am comfortable with my 1/4 position right now, the question is, should I be buying more based on simply valuation and cash flow generation?

That remains to be seen.

Stay tuned.

Dec 25 11:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rick’s: Still Entertaining or Ready to Slide? [View article]
    Hey guys,

That's why I have only recommended a 1/4 purchase for now. I want to hear the CEO's comments, and how the last fiscal year actually turned out, specifically the cash flow and free cash flow numbers.

I too think that the stock is perennially undervalued, but it is likely to remain so even if the market returns, because of its "sin" stock status.

Too bad people don't feel equally as ashamed of owning oil, coal, or other related stocks...

Dec 23 01:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monthly Portfolio Assessment; GeoEye and AAR Remain Strong Buys [View article]
    What's Wrong.

I did find that a little strange, but the stock price is extremely low at this point, even after today's rise in price, and I would still recommend it as my #1 pick.

Dec 9 02:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • uWink's Tender Offer Reduces Possible ROI [View article]
    MZT,

This is a very personal decision.

You should sell if you want the money, and will put it to work in something else.

If you think that eventually uWink might spin off their new company into something of value, then by all means hold onto the shares and get the equal parts of the new company.

Dec 9 02:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, I think that Rick's is much better than Playboy for more reasons than I have time to go into here.

Skip PLA, buy RICK.

Dec 5 07:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • uWink's Chances of Survival [View article]
    Hey guys,

As for the cash flow issue with the restaurants, whether they are or aren't doesn't quite matter at this point, they need cash, so we are here now.

As for the MV review of the restaurant, I agree with the screens being in the way of conversation.

But the food to me has been delicious every single time that I have been there (3 times already) and I've tried different things every single time to try and trip them up.

I think the whole deal is with the technology, not the food/restaurants.

Dec 2 01:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rick's Cabaret and eHealth Bucking the Trend [View article]
    Hey Paul,

Nice rebuttal, and information.

I would have gotten around to that, but my recent post was not intended to cover every negative aspect of the club or downside.

Thanks again,