Chris Katje

View Chris Katje's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Cosi Shares Worth Buying With New CEO [View article]
    I also have been to several Cosi locations in Chicago. Always busy during lunch time. Thanks for the comment.

Chris
    Jun 12 09:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'The Wizard Of Oz' Coming To IMAX Theatres: Follow The Yellow Brick Road In Your Portfolio [View article]
    IMAX is still growing internationally and has a huge backlog of committed theaters. I become more bullish every month it seems on this stock I have owned for over five years. Huge 2015 coming up and the re-release of several movies gives the company a huge release schedule. First regional movies coming in India and other regions too. New Chinese movie regulations to allow more imports benefits IMAX more than other companies.

Trading at $10 would only represent 10x this year's earnings, which seems incredibly low for a growth stock. While shares may be a little high, I think they blow past earnings and see a nice rally. I also think with several investor presentations coming up, we will see some analyst coverage or upgrades.

Thanks for reading and the kind words,

Chris
    Jun 9 11:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Service Corporation International: Funeral Operator Could Bring Your Portfolio To Life [View article]
    To both the comments, I think the company is at the beginning of a return to high prices. The backlog sets the company up for guaranteed earnings in the future. The beginning of the baby boomer population is a catalyst that will drive this company higher as more people pre-plan funerals. Expect the backlog to continue to grow.

Thanks for reading,

Chris
    Jun 2 08:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Tendering My Shares Of Pfizer In Exchange For Zoetis [View article]
    Great insight from a PFE shareholder, thanks for the link in the article as well.

Chris
    Jun 1 09:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lions Gate Entertainment Success At Cannes Film Festival Will Reward Shareholders [View article]
    Ender's Game and Divergent are being underestimated by analysts. Two potential multiple movie franchises to replace Twilight and eventually The Hunger games. In November, Ender's Game and Catching Fire. Lions Gate could get #1 for four or five weeks straight
    May 30 12:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Still holding my shares strong, but there might be more buying opportunities. Earnings out 5/30
    May 30 12:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Could 'The Hobbit' Help Redbox Instant And Coinstar Shares? [View article]
    biobat,

Thanks for you input. I have not signed up for the Instant yet. I do now I spend over $5 a month on four rentals from kiosks, so hoping that maybe there is $3 worth of streaming I would enjoy.

I think the streaming library will get stronger soon.

Chris
    May 28 10:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pfizer Will Reward Shareholders With Zoetis Spin-Off [View article]
    Wow come home from work to lots of comments. I understand that a lot of you are long time Pfizer fans and also some of you own stock in both companies. In my opinion, Zoetis offers the growth and Pfizer has the dividend yield.

I also think that everyone will end up happy in the long run. Pfizer will exchange shares of Zoetis through this initial offering and lower its share count. Pfizer will then use a special dividend to exit its remaining position.

Pfizer is trying to lower its share count and will update 2014 guidance after the exit of its 80.2% stake.

If you don't want shares of Zoetis, don't exchange your Pfizer shares. If you are waiting to get rewarded, collect your 3% yield, and be ready to enjoy boosted earnings per share and additional share buybacks in 2014.

Thanks for reading and the comments,

Chris
    May 25 10:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Manchester United Still A Buy Despite Sir Alex Ferguson's Retirement [View article]
    Absolutely, however Borussia trades on foreign exchanges.

Chris
    May 17 11:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    They finished in 21st in 1973-1974. My error. Thanks for the correction and thanks for reading.

Absolutely correct with expectations for top four to go to Champions League. The broadcast revenue is now expected for that prestigious league.

Chris
    May 17 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RadioShack's College Bookstore Deal Will Send Shares Higher [View article]
    May 16 10:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Call Of Duty: Ghosts' Will Make Activision Shareholders Winners In May And November [View article]
    Evan, absolutely curious to see how this affects the other two lines and if they will rotate them every three years. Looking forward to hearing more from Activision soon.

Thanks for reading,

Chris
    May 8 12:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kate Middleton Carnival Cruise Endorsement Won't Save Disastrous Year [View article]
    You write like you're someone who works with Carnival, so I'll stop wasting my time.

Just want to clarify for the readers of this story that CCL is the symbol for Carnival Corporation, the publicly owned company that owns Carinval, Costa, and Princess

Once again thanks for reading

Chris
    Apr 25 12:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • iRobot (IRBT +12.8%) soars after smashing the estimates of analysts with its Q1 report and raising its outlook for the full year. Execs say the prospects for the home robot market look strong while its defense and security business also beat expectations. What to watch: Healthcare could be another growth driver for iRobot as the firm's RP-VITA telemedicine robots begin shipping to hospitals. [View news story]
    My take in my recent article
    Apr 25 12:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Invest In Melco Crown Before New Macau And Philippines Casinos Open [View article]
    AlessandroDiRoma,

Thanks for reading and the kind words. Yes Las Vegas Sands has been a great investment and is in great position in Macau. I'm also looking into Caesars with their new announcement today.

Thanks,