Chris Katje

View Chris Katje's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Could 'The Hobbit' Help Redbox Instant And Coinstar Shares? [View article]
    biobat,

Thanks for you input. I have not signed up for the Instant yet. I do now I spend over $5 a month on four rentals from kiosks, so hoping that maybe there is $3 worth of streaming I would enjoy.

I think the streaming library will get stronger soon.

Chris
    May 28 10:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pfizer Will Reward Shareholders With Zoetis Spin-Off [View article]
    Wow come home from work to lots of comments. I understand that a lot of you are long time Pfizer fans and also some of you own stock in both companies. In my opinion, Zoetis offers the growth and Pfizer has the dividend yield.

I also think that everyone will end up happy in the long run. Pfizer will exchange shares of Zoetis through this initial offering and lower its share count. Pfizer will then use a special dividend to exit its remaining position.

Pfizer is trying to lower its share count and will update 2014 guidance after the exit of its 80.2% stake.

If you don't want shares of Zoetis, don't exchange your Pfizer shares. If you are waiting to get rewarded, collect your 3% yield, and be ready to enjoy boosted earnings per share and additional share buybacks in 2014.

Thanks for reading and the comments,

Chris
    May 25 10:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Manchester United Still A Buy Despite Sir Alex Ferguson's Retirement [View article]
    Absolutely, however Borussia trades on foreign exchanges.

Chris
    May 17 11:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    They finished in 21st in 1973-1974. My error. Thanks for the correction and thanks for reading.

Absolutely correct with expectations for top four to go to Champions League. The broadcast revenue is now expected for that prestigious league.

Chris
    May 17 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RadioShack's College Bookstore Deal Will Send Shares Higher [View article]
    May 16 10:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Call Of Duty: Ghosts' Will Make Activision Shareholders Winners In May And November [View article]
    Evan, absolutely curious to see how this affects the other two lines and if they will rotate them every three years. Looking forward to hearing more from Activision soon.

Thanks for reading,

Chris
    May 8 12:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kate Middleton Carnival Cruise Endorsement Won't Save Disastrous Year [View article]
    You write like you're someone who works with Carnival, so I'll stop wasting my time.

Just want to clarify for the readers of this story that CCL is the symbol for Carnival Corporation, the publicly owned company that owns Carinval, Costa, and Princess

Once again thanks for reading

Chris
    Apr 25 12:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • iRobot (IRBT +12.8%) soars after smashing the estimates of analysts with its Q1 report and raising its outlook for the full year. Execs say the prospects for the home robot market look strong while its defense and security business also beat expectations. What to watch: Healthcare could be another growth driver for iRobot as the firm's RP-VITA telemedicine robots begin shipping to hospitals. [View news story]
    My take in my recent article
    Apr 25 12:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Invest In Melco Crown Before New Macau And Philippines Casinos Open [View article]
    AlessandroDiRoma,

Thanks for reading and the kind words. Yes Las Vegas Sands has been a great investment and is in great position in Macau. I'm also looking into Caesars with their new announcement today.

Thanks,

Chris
    Apr 23 05:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The fact remains the same that negative PR can hurt a company's earnings and share price. Keep in mind that BP once traded with a price to earnings of under 5 after its oil spill. Stocks aren't required to trade at a certain level. PR hurts shares. I make the case to stay away for two years from this stock. If you like it buy some, I'm sure over the long run your investment will be fine.

From my article about the Triumph, shares went down almost 20%, but clearly I'm missing something

This has nothing to do with ocean transportation being safe, it's about investing and opportunity.

Thanks for reading,

Chris
    Apr 23 05:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I usually don't respond to people who have one comment and no business on sites like Seeking Alpha but follow the links and you'll see some more details:

Princess Cruises is owned and managed by Carnival Cruise Lines
    There are still pending lawsuits with Costa Concordia
    Carnival was barely compensating passengers on the Triumph until the media talked to people about the horrible conditions
    Carnival raised their compensation several times, so the overly generous might be relishing on your part as they didn't know what was enough to begin with
    The repaying back of the Coast Guard and Navy was done only after the Senate began working on a Cruise line bill of rights for passengers and pressured the company

Once again thanks for clicking on the link and reading the article now that you are a "registered Seeking Alpha" user.

Chris
    Apr 23 05:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons To Invest In Movie Theater Giant IMAX [View article]
    Valuation high, but growth will come in above those numbers. Backlog of movies and theaters is stacked. Company is less than 50% towards its theater count. I'm a long term believer.
    Apr 21 10:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aeropostale's P.S. Kids Brand Creates Investing Opportunity [View article]
    1. Yes typo 3 mil shares
    2. On Yahoo Finance they beat eps by $0.02 for the quarter $0.24 vs. $0.22
    3. Retail sector is brutal, however my opinion is Aeropostale will stick around with strong brand and expansion into key demographic of kids clothes

Thanks for reading and contributing with your points.

Chris
    Mar 23 09:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nintendo's New Pokemon Game Takes Disney And Activision Head On [View article]
    Chris, absolutely it's a step in the right direction. I really feel that Nintendo needs to take advantage of its exclusive titles like Pokemon, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mario, etc. to compete with the two new consoles coming.

Thanks for reading,

Chris
    Mar 19 08:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Redbox Instant Isn't The Only Growth Story At Coinstar [View article]
    Thanks for all the comments.
    Mar 18 05:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment