Chris Katje

View Chris Katje's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • My Top 10 Stocks for 2011 (Plus 7 Honorable Mentions) [View article]
    Everyone on this site is entitled to their own opinion. My stock picks have outperformed the market each year I have listed them.

I read through your recent articles:

Short SBUX, stock is up about 25% from your recommendation
    Buy CAGC, barely moved
    Short GMCR, stock is also up from your recommendation

If people want to follow you and lose money they can. Everyone can follow who they want on this site.
    Jan 4 01:37 PM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How My Top Ten 2009 Stock Picks Performed [View article]
    In response to not being long many of the stocks I would like to provide the following:

1. I do not have much money to invest. I work a full time job at a restaurant and do investing on the side with what little money I can invest safely.

2. I wish to provide picks for others, not so much like Jim Cramer and pump and drop, but as an investment analyst.

3. If I published an article with top ten stocks, all that I own, it would look like I was simply trying to pump up stocks I own and then sell them.

Thanks so much for all the honest feeback. My number of followers tripled today. I will be more active on this site this year. I also am reworking on the layout of my blog:

stockworldpicks.blogsp...

Thanks again

Chris Katje
    Jan 5 11:03 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Top 10 Stocks for 2011 (Plus 7 Honorable Mentions) [View article]
    It's amazing to get a comment like this on this site. So many people are writing articles about the stocks they own over and over again. I have released three annual top ten lists and sometimes I own shares of several. I am long Sirius if you choose to read the entire article.
    Jan 4 01:27 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ubisoft: The Video Game Company I'm Adding To My Portfolio In 2014 [View article]
    Yes, thanks for the comment, completely left out The Division, yet another reason to go long, could be big for the company and could follow a similar path of Call of Duty online as a constant revenue driver.
    Thanks for reading,

Chris
    Jan 1 07:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pfizer Will Reward Shareholders With Zoetis Spin-Off [View article]
    Wow come home from work to lots of comments. I understand that a lot of you are long time Pfizer fans and also some of you own stock in both companies. In my opinion, Zoetis offers the growth and Pfizer has the dividend yield.

I also think that everyone will end up happy in the long run. Pfizer will exchange shares of Zoetis through this initial offering and lower its share count. Pfizer will then use a special dividend to exit its remaining position.

Pfizer is trying to lower its share count and will update 2014 guidance after the exit of its 80.2% stake.

If you don't want shares of Zoetis, don't exchange your Pfizer shares. If you are waiting to get rewarded, collect your 3% yield, and be ready to enjoy boosted earnings per share and additional share buybacks in 2014.

Thanks for reading and the comments,

Chris
    May 25 10:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Putting My Money Where My Mouth Is - Stocks I Own in My Portfolio [View article]
    WIth a small portfolio, it is harder to get into oil and industrials that I like. In this segment I like CAT, DE, CNH, XOM.
    Jul 20 02:12 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the support. It was great to see people come to my rescue when I was attacked by someone who sits behind a computer screen.
    Jul 20 02:11 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comment and recommendation. I will try to update portfolio holdings more often on seeking alpha.
    Jul 20 02:10 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comment.

I checked out Folio and am doing some research.
    Jul 20 02:08 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think $18 before the end of the year is highly probable. Twenty by the end of the year is a slight possibility too, in my opinion. Good luck with your shares. Now would be a bad time to sell as the stock has likely hit its bottom.
    Jul 20 02:07 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you. Here's hoping Ford shares rally before December.
    Jul 20 02:06 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the positive comment.
    Jul 20 02:06 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avatar Ignites IMAX Stock [View article]
    My Imax stock is up over 280%. I bought back in 2006 when the company began releasing blockbusters at a pace of one per year thrown in with documentaries. The big budget movies will now help Imax turn a profit. The company has a great 2010 lineup with Alice in Wonderland, Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon, Toy Story 3, and Twilight:Eclipse.
    Jan 12 02:10 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart Puts Pressure On Whole Foods Market And Organic Food Companies [View article]
    Wal-Mart cited that 95% of their customers want organic products but list pricing as the reason why they don't buy them. So they are not begging, but there is a demand.

Thanks for reading

Chris
    Apr 13 08:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Limoneira An Under-Followed Growth Story In The Making [View article]
    Great to see more coverage of LMNR. Exactly why the stock made my top ten picks for 2014 list.

Also LMNR still owns a partial stake in CVGW if I'm not mistaken.

Chris