Chris Vermeulen

View Chris Vermeulen's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Natural Gas: Positive Signs Emerging [View article]
    Great report!
    I bought UNG today with a tight stop. Take a look at my thinking: http://bit.ly/1hdbzfO
    Oct 24 02:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Tis The Season To Own Utilities [View article]
    Nice! yes this play is working out well and will likely hold up this week.
    Dec 10 09:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Golden Nugget That Makes Traders Wealth Trading AAPL & RIMM [View instapost]
    Im a short term trader and take advantage of short term extreme market/stock conditions. Technical analysis is a proven method as Brennan mentioned above but its only as good at the users skill/experience set and emotional control.

Im not a Warren Buffet and neither are the other 250,000 users on SA posting their comments/ideas. Im not an apple fan and I knew this would would ruffle some Apple Bugs feathers :)
    Dec 2 08:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Bottom Target Hit, And New All-Time Highs Coming [View article]
    Great article Avi, I just did a post showing where AAPL shares are likely trading before shares really ramp up and start the next major rally. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Nov 26 07:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Fallacy Of Owning Gold Mining Equities [View article]
    Solid gold report Brennan - Well Done!
    While I do feel you are spot on with gold miners having more risk as gold goes up,we must keep in mind that the HERD will start to move back into gold miners once the new gold rally starts and you cannot stop a herds money flow. Some of the largest gains happen in these situations and things go parabolic and end with a massive blow off top and CRASH.

Most individuals are followers not traders so if the rally starts hold on tight and play it for all its worth :)
    Nov 22 08:51 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AAPL Looks Ready Bounce & The Next Best Trade Ideas [View instapost]
    Same outlook, its cleansing the shares by running the stops
    Nov 3 08:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What South African Troubles Mean For Platinum [View article]
    Mining sure isn't cheap, and safe mining is much more expensive but you cannot have people getting seriously injured and getting health problems all so you can get some platinum cheaper... Maybe it should be called Blood Platinum
    Aug 28 08:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Federal Reserve Controls Gold, Oil, & The Dollar Value [View instapost]
    Thanks ChartProphet, Ya im having issues with SeekingAlpha, They stopped posting my articles last year cause they say I focus to much on technical analysis. I write without TA and now they still don't post it as an article?? not sure what is going on but its frustrating.
    Jul 31 09:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Trade Crude Oil At $100 Per Barrel [View article]
    I would cross that bridge at the time.... UCO I do like
    Jun 27 10:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Trade Crude Oil At $100 Per Barrel [View article]
    Looks like Oil is getting ready for a bounce but its still forming bearish price and volume action on the intraday charts so until they turn bullish steer clear of oil cause next stop may be $65-67 per barrel in the coming month or two... Chris V.
    Jun 26 08:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How to Find Bottoms for the SP500, Dow, Nasdaq and Russell 2K [View instapost]
    Thank you, I really liked Brian Shannon's book. He has some really great chapters on short squeezes, and money management along with a lot of other topics: http://bit.ly/w1Lz75
    Jan 21 12:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Crude Oil Analysis: How To Trade Oil Report [View article]
    I have resolved the link issue, should work now guys. Sorry
    Nov 20 07:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What's Next For Gold And Oil? [View article]
    Sure...
    "If the market bottoms, so will the US market, which will be perfect timing as the market is currently oversold, sentiment is now turning bearish and we have had a sizable pullback in line with normal bull market corrections."

What I mean here is that the majority of traders are now becoming bearish and that is when the market generally bottoms. While the pullback seems very large in size, it is well within the normal pullback levels for a bull market. You dont want to be doing what everyone else is doing.. rather you want to be in position so when the majority of people pile into a trade you are in the money and they push it in the direction for you. I dont like to chase trades.
    Hope this helps.
    Aug 25 07:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold and Stocks Are About to Move in Opposite Directions [View article]
    Just to clarify, I am not calling for an actual top, rather a pause and pullback which should last a month or two before continuing to move higher. Also I don't short in bull markets either.
    Aug 22 10:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Precious Metals and the Dollar's Next Big Move (Part II) [View article]
    You are right, with international fears like in Egypt shorting metals carries more risk than normal and im not looking to short metals right now. Rather letting the price play out and bottom which I think is just another way away.
    Feb 3 07:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment