Chris Vermeulen

View Chris Vermeulen's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • The Fallacy Of Owning Gold Mining Equities [View article]
    Solid gold report Brennan - Well Done!
    While I do feel you are spot on with gold miners having more risk as gold goes up,we must keep in mind that the HERD will start to move back into gold miners once the new gold rally starts and you cannot stop a herds money flow. Some of the largest gains happen in these situations and things go parabolic and end with a massive blow off top and CRASH.

Most individuals are followers not traders so if the rally starts hold on tight and play it for all its worth :)
    Nov 22 08:51 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Precious Metals and the Dollar’s Next Big Move [View article]
    Gotta say its funny how clear it is who is a gold bug and who is an active trader/investor.. :)

This is just free content to help those who are interested in a technical outlook for short term/ intermediate term trends.
    Thanks everyone for your comments, its fun to see what everyone is seeing and thinking.
    Cheers
    Jan 14 09:39 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apples of Gold, Settings of Silver, and Barrick Gold [View article]
    Marc - I was contacted my some of my newsletter readers that you have used my trading chart in this article without any reference to me?

I do not have any issues with people sharing my work but my name must be referenced. This is where you took my article from: www.thegoldandoilguy.c...
    Mar 22 11:32 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Leveraged Gold ETFs: The End of Gold Stocks [View article]
    Sam,
    I thought this piece was excellent!
    Don’t get me wrong, I like to trade gold stocks (Golden Rockets) when I have a major buy signal for gold, but I really think people should be trading the gold ETF’s and the 200% leveraged ETF’s provide the accuracy of gold trades with the performance of gold stocks. Good Job!
    Jul 13 08:02 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How to Find Bottoms for the SP500, Dow, Nasdaq and Russell 2K [View instapost]
    Thank you, I really liked Brian Shannon's book. He has some really great chapters on short squeezes, and money management along with a lot of other topics: http://bit.ly/w1Lz75
    Jan 21 12:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Crude Oil Analysis: How To Trade Oil Report [View article]
    I have resolved the link issue, should work now guys. Sorry
    Nov 20 07:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold and Stocks Are About to Move in Opposite Directions [View article]
    Just to clarify, I am not calling for an actual top, rather a pause and pullback which should last a month or two before continuing to move higher. Also I don't short in bull markets either.
    Aug 22 10:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Precious Metals and the Dollar's Next Big Move (Part II) [View article]
    You are right, with international fears like in Egypt shorting metals carries more risk than normal and im not looking to short metals right now. Rather letting the price play out and bottom which I think is just another way away.
    Feb 3 07:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas: Positive Signs Emerging [View article]
    Great report!
    I bought UNG today with a tight stop. Take a look at my thinking: http://bit.ly/1hdbzfO
    Oct 24 02:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Tis The Season To Own Utilities [View article]
    Nice! yes this play is working out well and will likely hold up this week.
    Dec 10 09:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Golden Nugget That Makes Traders Wealth Trading AAPL & RIMM [View instapost]
    Im a short term trader and take advantage of short term extreme market/stock conditions. Technical analysis is a proven method as Brennan mentioned above but its only as good at the users skill/experience set and emotional control.

Im not a Warren Buffet and neither are the other 250,000 users on SA posting their comments/ideas. Im not an apple fan and I knew this would would ruffle some Apple Bugs feathers :)
    Dec 2 08:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Bottom Target Hit, And New All-Time Highs Coming [View article]
    Great article Avi, I just did a post showing where AAPL shares are likely trading before shares really ramp up and start the next major rally. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Nov 26 07:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AAPL Looks Ready Bounce & The Next Best Trade Ideas [View instapost]
    Same outlook, its cleansing the shares by running the stops
    Nov 3 08:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What South African Troubles Mean For Platinum [View article]
    Mining sure isn't cheap, and safe mining is much more expensive but you cannot have people getting seriously injured and getting health problems all so you can get some platinum cheaper... Maybe it should be called Blood Platinum
    Aug 28 08:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Federal Reserve Controls Gold, Oil, & The Dollar Value [View instapost]
    Thanks ChartProphet, Ya im having issues with SeekingAlpha, They stopped posting my articles last year cause they say I focus to much on technical analysis. I write without TA and now they still don't post it as an article?? not sure what is going on but its frustrating.
    Jul 31 09:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment