View as an RSS Feed
View Christopher Bayliss' Articles BY TICKER:
USA Truck: Market Giving Little Credit To Potential Turnaround And Hard Asset Value
- USAK likely trades at a discount to replacement value, while competitors trade at premium to asset value.
- USAK's current price suggests subdued turnaround and normalized operations significantly worse than those of competitors.
- Recent events suggest value of assets being realized, and company moving quickly towards improved performance.
- Value likely to be realized due to involvement of activists, who are aligned with management, which has history of turnarounds and successful sales.
GNC: Overly Discounted GARP Investment
- GNC's results over the past two quarters have disappointed investors, sending the stock down over 40%, indicating a broken growth story.
- Various one time items, such as harsh winter and DMAA ban, have obfuscated results, and normalized results indicate continued growth and margin stability.
- GNC remains a leader in an industry with significant secular tailwinds. Results should normalize later in the year to illustrate this strength.
- An upside of over 50% is supported by various valuation metrics supported by conservative analysis.
- Lear Corporation: Recent Drop Unwarranted After Recent Results Illustrate Improving Fundamentals
- ChipMOS: Cash Flow Machine In Niche Industry With Tailwinds
- Willdan Group: Top Line Growth And Margin Expansion Supports Recent Run-Up
- GNC: Continued Top And Bottom Line Strength
- Lear: Growth Through Margin Expansion And Electronics
- Gencorp: Strong Position With Understated Profitability
- Express Scripts: Tailwinds And Company Strengths At A Reasonable Price
- Leucadia Poised To Continue Strong Long-Term Returns
- Titan International: Recent Slide Presents Buying Opportunity
- Dole Shareholders Should Reject David Murdock's Offer
- CF Industries: Undervalued Based Upon Replacement Assets And Normalized Returns
- Leapfrog: Growth At A Reasonable Price
- Apple: Major Concerns Overstated And More Than Priced In
- CF Industries: Undervalued Market Leader
- Power-One: Cheap At First Glance But Not Upon Deeper Analysis
- Philip Morris: Sell Due To High Valuations And Reduced Cash Flow
- Autoliv: Leader In Strong Industry With Deceivingly Attractive Metrics
- Layne Christensen: A Bearish Variant View To Hawkshaw Capital
- Buckeye Technologies - Undervalued Leader In Profitable Niche Market
- Clean Harbors: Good Company, But Not Reasonably Valued
- Cal-Maine Foods: Strong Company But Poor Time To Buy
- Western Digital: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly
- DuPont: Undervalued And Outperforming Competitors
Investing Wisdom From Einhorn's 'Fooling Some People All Of The Time'
Sep. 5, 2012 • 1 Comment
- Safeway: Deteriorating Business, But Reasonable Investment
- GNC: Top-Line Growth And Margin Expansion At A Reasonable Price
- Lockheed Martin: The Ultimate Defensive Play
- Eli Lilly: Strong Cash Flows And Undervalued Pipeline
- Oracle: Cheapest Pure Play On Cloud Computing Market
- Thor Industries: Major Player In Rebounding And Underanalyzed Industry