Christopher Drose

View Christopher Drose's Comments BY TICKER:
  • LiveDeal: 75% Downside This Time, The Thesis Is The Same [View article]
    I would never buy LIVE, ever. Not even at $.1, just out of principle. I think it's worth about $.50 though.
    Apr 17 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Puget Technologies: It's Not A 3D Printing Stock [View article]
    Nice catch.
    Apr 14 05:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Retrophin Makes Me Uncomfortable [View article]
    RTRX down 20% since my article exclusively because of the more general sell-off in biotech and momo. I'm not short but if one did short it I might considering covering here or realizing some of your gains. It could just as easily move up 15% in a day again, which is the main reason why I wasn't short.
    Apr 13 04:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Retrophin Makes Me Uncomfortable [View article]
    My thesis is that Mr. Shkreli is making small purchases everyday to convince investors that he thinks the stock is cheap, if they will buy. When they buy the stock price goes up. When the stock price goes up he can do more deals. I think Shkreli is purchasing the stock so he can do more deals, not because the stock is cheap. Doing deals and then raising the price of the drugs after they acquire the company.
    Apr 10 11:50 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Retrophin Makes Me Uncomfortable [View article]
    I'm definitely not short the stock (we have to disclose it at the top of the article). I said numerous times that if it worked the payout would be big. I hope it does work, I just think that there are some red flags and that rare drug pricing better hold up.
    Apr 9 11:07 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Retrophin Makes Me Uncomfortable [View article]
    If I owned the stock I would probably be happy about it. Like I said if it works it will likely be a big payoff. I hope it does work. I just don't think that his insider buys are his way of expressing confidence in the company. I think it's his way of trying to keep the stock price up. Or maybe he's just doing it to annoy people. I don't know. Martin seems like a nice guy and is obviously very smart, this is just my take on the situation. Good luck!
    Apr 9 06:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Retrophin Makes Me Uncomfortable [View article]
    Like I said this is just one aspect of the whole thing. I'm not a biotech expert so I didn't want to comment on other things like that. I know he ran a hedge fund but I don't know if that hedge fund is still part of the company or not. I have no ethical problem with it, but it's something to keep an eye on.
    Apr 9 04:54 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Retrophin Makes Me Uncomfortable [View article]
    Andrew you summed up my thesis perfectly. The purchases are mini-catalysts to drive the price higher. Why isn't he doing it in one big purchase? Makes no sense.
    Apr 9 11:50 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Retrophin Makes Me Uncomfortable [View article]
    Look at the use of proceeds. Biotech companies have to do these type of things and they did a deal relatively soon after. People love the stock, I'm not arguing against that. I hope your long works out, just thought I'd present something that I have noticed.
    Apr 9 09:53 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Retrophin Makes Me Uncomfortable [View article]
    Not arguing with that. It's about the intention of the insider purchases.
    Apr 9 09:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Retrophin Makes Me Uncomfortable [View article]
    Yes I agree with you. It's an interesting strategy that could pay off big time. I just wanted to highlight one thing that I think is going on. Glad you liked the article and hope your investment works out for you if you're long.
    Apr 9 09:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • End Of MBII Lockup Could Provide Shorting Opportunity For Aggressive Investors [View article]
    Great call on this one.
    Apr 5 06:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LiveDeal: 75% Downside This Time, The Thesis Is The Same [View article]
    You're right about me being a fundamentalist, but I really don't mind growth stocks, in fact I own quite a few of them. I just like growth stocks where there is actual growth and a business model that can generate revenue.
    Apr 2 12:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Polar Bared: Once Again, Stay Away From Polar Petroleum [View article]
    I would try calling the broker that you bought it through, they should have an answer for you. Sorry to hear about your loss.
    Mar 19 11:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • LiveDeal: 75% Downside This Time, The Thesis Is The Same [View article]
    The problem with that statement is the business owners (the one's I called) mostly have never heard of LiveDeal and they have no way of generating revenue from it. (Their IR rep said so himself). Also just because it is an $8 stock doesn't mean it's cheap. If you want to trust buyins.net then go for it, it will likely pop on that news but they've made so many announcements about it it could already be priced in.
    Feb 28 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment