Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • New York Mortgage Trust: They Can't All Be Winners [View article]
    Its not personal its metrics are just poor. Narrowing spreads, sitting at a 52 week low, income pressured. No good
    May 6, 2015. 03:49 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New York Mortgage Trust: They Can't All Be Winners [View article]
    I don't like AI at all. Sorry. Why don't you take a look at WMC. If you want a sustainable yield, you could look into O or even check out some oil plays (I like CVX and RDS.B). AT&T is also reliable. AI is not.
    May 6, 2015. 02:42 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin Mortgage: Don't Get Knocked Out [View article]
    ORC is a different breed though. Orchid takes a slightly different approach than most mREITs. Orchid allocates capital to two residential mortgage backed security sub-portfolios. These are its pass-through residential mortgage backed security sub-portfolio and the structured residential mortgage backed security sub-portfolio, which contains interest only and inverse interest-only securities. There are no commercial assets. The company has allocated 71% of its portfolio to the pass-through residential mortgage backed security sub-portfolio.
    May 6, 2015. 12:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin Mortgage: Don't Get Knocked Out [View article]
    Bookmark this comment and comeback in September. I HOPE it comes back for you. I really do; but you need to research Bimini and look at ARR too.
    May 6, 2015. 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin Mortgage: Don't Get Knocked Out [View article]
    Go buy WMC or NYMT. MUCH better and higher yield
    May 6, 2015. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin Mortgage: Don't Get Knocked Out [View article]
    its down another 5% today. Its junk
    May 6, 2015. 11:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading At Discount To Book Value Means Strong Entry Point Into American Capital Agency Corp. [View article]
    From the research that told us to buy ARR and JMI last week...no thanks. I was wrong on them last year. AGNC is a hold now. Not a buy
    May 5, 2015. 04:04 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney: An Absolute Powerhouse [View article]
    Well its a high quality problem. Still, I think we need to look at the payout ratio. There's room for growth. Of course, Ill always accept buybacks. I would not be surprised to see another stock split in the near future as well
    May 5, 2015. 01:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Take On CVS [View article]
    Im starting to agree with you on CVS. But...I will maintain that you missed the quadruple in RAD! But I see why one would have avoided it
    May 1, 2015. 03:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Synta Pharmaceuticals: The Good News And The Bad News [View article]
    Only down if it at all
    May 1, 2015. 01:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coming To Terms With American Capital Agency [View article]
    If you own all of these why not just by $MORT or $MORL. I own 5 myself and looking to consolidate to three
    Apr 30, 2015. 03:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Capstead Mortgage: Reality Versus Expectations [View article]
    Go to your profile. Edit. Select add picture. Choose one from the computer.
    Apr 30, 2015. 03:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Armour Residential REIT: You've Been Warned [View article]
    I left off Orchid and WMC. Very good
    Apr 30, 2015. 02:53 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Armour Residential REIT: You've Been Warned [View article]
    NYMT, CMO
    Apr 30, 2015. 02:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hope Is Not A Strategy, Before Investing Have A Precise Calculation Of Return In Mind [View article]
    Stellar Article here Chuck, thank you