Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Irrational Ebola Fears: What To Do And What Not To Do [View article]
    There's a number of issues here. Yes, a symptomatic ebola patient CAN shed virus in the sweat. But first---don't workout out when ill. Any real gym goer knows this. Second, wipe down your machine with disinfectant. While it is unclear if the gym disinfectant will kill virus (I think it does), having wiped it down greatly reduces the risk of transmitting anything and is just good gym policy. Third, who uses a machine when there is visible sweat on it? Not very hygienic. Fourth, everyone knows you don't put lips on a drinking fountain.

Overall I think there is less than minimal risk here. While not impossible, you are more likely to die in a gym accident than contract ebola at the gym.

At the time of this writing the market was in selloff mode and it coincided with the ebola issues.
    Oct 28, 2014. 10:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Selling Pressure Mounts: Consider Holding TZA Through Year End For Outsized Returns [View article]
    its only utility is as a trading vehicle.
    Oct 28, 2014. 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: First Niagara Announces Large Consolidation - Efficiency Continues To Improve [View article]
    It is disappointing. Good call on the press release. I do think the bank will be fine in the long run. But this management team has got to get moving.
    Oct 27, 2014. 01:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Plug Power Could Charge Up Your Portfolio [View article]
    Excellent comment
    Oct 27, 2014. 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Plug Power Could Charge Up Your Portfolio [View article]
    Can Amazon without a drop of profits be worth 133 billion? It doesn't matter.
    Oct 27, 2014. 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Plug Power Could Charge Up Your Portfolio [View article]
    Good question. I don't think they have enough funding to proceed fully on this YET. However, the results of the evaluation will be key because if they are favorable, PLUG is a likely primary developer. That would be a major game changer
    Oct 27, 2014. 10:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Plug Power Could Charge Up Your Portfolio [View article]
    I think the deal will be mentioned as BLDP is a key partner. In terms of a specific deal in mind, tough to tell. My guess is they tossed that out there and are currently trying to shop larger deals.
    Oct 27, 2014. 10:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: TrustCo Bank's Q3 Earnings - I Remain Resolute [View article]
    It doesn't stand out as under or overexposed in any meaningful way. I think a slowly rising interest rate would be a big benefit to the company
    Oct 23, 2014. 09:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: TrustCo Bank's Q3 Earnings - I Remain Resolute [View article]
    That is indeed sad. In fairness, I didn't first catch on to TRST until last fall when I made my first recommendation
    Oct 23, 2014. 09:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: CYS Investments Reports Q3 Earnings - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly [View article]
    Well according to those estimates, yes. But I want to own AGNC over CYS for more reasons than just this quarter. It surprises me with the positive economic climate and favorable rate movements that any management can be losing heavy money, with the exception of those taking on too much protection.
    Oct 21, 2014. 02:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I missed that article
    Oct 21, 2014. 02:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    If AGNC doesn't gain bv I'll be shocked
    Oct 20, 2014. 10:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: RXi Pharmaceuticals Reports Insider Purchasing - Impact To My Thesis [View article]
    $100,000 isn't substantial? That's a lot of money to me.
    Oct 17, 2014. 12:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: American Capital Agency Announces New Dividend - Did We Just Get A Raise? [View article]
    I agree tndrrot. Also see more on that here: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Oct 17, 2014. 10:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ctigers---No. Please see here: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Oct 17, 2014. 10:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment