Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Javelin Mortgage: Throw In The Towel [View article]
    Good luck on your buy. See you at $5.00. Better off with $NYMT or $AMTG.
    Mar 29, 2015. 12:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Get On Board Carnival [View article]
    hmmm no pun intended....hahah. Indeed.
    Mar 27, 2015. 04:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin Mortgage: Throw In The Towel [View article]
    Hi Con,

Yes I defended it a lot at those levels. I first downgraded to hold in Q4. Now I have a flat sell. I will admit when I get them wrong. Sometimes the outlook has to change. Id be worse at what I do if I defended a loser all the way to zero (without exceptional evidence at least). Look at my last article on $MTGE, I swallow the bitter pill of bad calls
    Mar 27, 2015. 03:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin Mortgage: Throw In The Towel [View article]
    ARR has been crushed. I don't like the stock when I can buy others that outperform. That said, its dividends are secure for now.
    Mar 27, 2015. 01:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Puzzling Case Of Spreads Is Resolved: Western Asset Mortgage Capital [View article]
    This was a very well thought out investigative piece and as someone who covers this company and others like it quite frequently, this article deserves more recognition than it will probably receive. This is by far your best article that I have read.
    Mar 25, 2015. 10:13 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sandstorm Gold: Shining Bright Like A Diamond [View article]
    I do share that concern; 10 years of life maybe less based on that estimate. But it is not unheard of at all to see mines go on 10, 20 years after the initial 'life of mine' estimates. Production could drop though, and eventually becomes cost prohibitive in many cases
    Mar 23, 2015. 11:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CYS Investments: What Now? [View article]
    I have discussed many times. It was the 'interest rate crisis' of 2013, when rates almost doubled in 3 months
    Mar 23, 2015. 09:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Triangle Capital: Are You Aware Of These Guys? [View article]
    I reported NII straight from the report:

Mar 20, 2015. 02:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Now The Time To Buy The 17% Yielding Resource Capital Corporation? [View article]
    lowest end of guidance. ouch
    Mar 20, 2015. 02:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Five Oaks' 14% Yield Here? [View article]
    Seems the announcement came out very recently. Looks like they are going to maintain for Q2. This suggests Q1 may be going well, but we wont have color on that for another month plus. Still, it is indeed a good sign, but the coverage concerns remain. We have to watch the core closely.

For those interested here is link to the just announced Q2 divs this week:

Mar 20, 2015. 01:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If You Like Sustainable Rising Dividends You Will Love Apollo Residential Mortgage [View article]
    Apples and potatoes. This article covers the holdings. Compare this article to the NYMY one here and you will see the differences.

NYMT has maintained their dividend, though a special one is in the cards.
    Mar 20, 2015. 12:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Yes it is above average. They almost all cut dividends in 2013, some in 2014 too. AMTG has been raising.

Not sure why your taking issue with the thesis, when you got companies like MTGE, RSO and CMO that all cut theirs. This one is under the radar and doing well
    Mar 20, 2015. 12:20 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Does American Capital Mortgage's Performance Justify My Best-Of-The-Best Call? [View article]
    Im very concerned about what is happening to them this quarter. It feels preemptive
    Mar 19, 2015. 04:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Medley Capital: I Don't Care About The Past [View article]
    Its not overexposed by any means, but under 5% would be ideal. WE will have to watch the loans here to see if the companies are able to pay.
    Mar 19, 2015. 09:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Consider Franklin Street Properties Before Its Growth Initiatives For 2015-2016 Kick In [View article]
    Agree, but I see that changing in the next 6 to 24 months