Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • mREITs Have Bottomed: Why Investors Should Consider This Dividend King [View article]
    Unlikely but we will see. There was the option last year of the special div or stock
    Aug 21 03:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I think you are over concentrated. Whats the % of your holdings in the sector. Any more than 10-15% is pushin it. You could get crushed. I dont mind REM. it does its job and protects from company specific woes. Of the 4 individuals i would dump ARR first. Pick up a BDC, like $PSEC
    Aug 21 11:18 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MeetMe +4.1% after JMP coverage launch [View news story]
    For more:

Aug 21 10:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I actually think low rates will be here for a while. I know some in the Fed want rates hiked soon, but i believe it will be gradual enough for WMC to reallocate accrodingly. The only thing that kills these names is a 2013 situation where rates rose far too rapidly
    Aug 21 09:52 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I should have reminded readers of the special dividend!
    Aug 21 09:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MeetMe: Innovative Features Driving Record User Growth Should Unlock Shareholder Value [View article]
    Many thanks! $3.00 is a little light in my estimation, but JMP generally conservative
    Aug 21 09:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: MGT Technology's Q2 Earnings - Owning Up To The Worst Call Of My Career [View article]
    Can you provide a link to that? If it is as big as you say, it is yet another management blunder for not spreading the news
    Aug 20 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for the kind words. Execution was just terrible, but I do like how you have framed the purchase; a small dollar amount speculative buy the is like a call option given the dollar amount.
    Aug 20 09:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Can you provide a link to that article for readers?
    Aug 20 09:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you I will look into to Local Corp I am not familiar with them
    Aug 20 09:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can You Handle Risk? With A Dozen Clinical Trials, Exelixis Has Strong Upside Potential [View article]
    That is only partially correct. True it did not contain this analysis. But given the assessment of the data, the safety and tolerability data, it was "keep going". Futility analyses could stop some trials with no benefit, but not all. The issue at hand here is of a statistical nature. My guess is that the point estimates were in the proper direction but lacked the statistical precision to stop early for effectiveness. What we do no is that it is not harming participants. The futility analyses are useful but limited by the same issues as the straight effectiveness analyses.

For more:

Aug 19 02:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you YES. Fixing that now.
    Aug 19 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The price to book alone is attractive. The growth. I definitely see your point, but I would be more inclined to agree with not buying if shares were around $6-$7.
    Aug 19 12:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am aware, and thats why I wrote this particular artilce. Im not sure if you read it entirely. Look at the trajectory from 2013-2014
    Aug 19 09:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment