Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • So You're Looking For A Silver Play? Get Paid To Wait For The Rebound [View article]
    Thats right I forgot about that. i actually wrote about that last fall. Mea Cupla thanks for pointing that out
    Sep 25, 2013. 03:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stop Panicking Over American Capital Agency [View article]
    My reasoning is as stated. As compared to using the cash to rebalance the portfolio, I dont necessarily disagree, but would caution that by doing the buyback, they are ensuring (or at least trying to ensure) they will have more potential cash on hand with which to play with in the future
    Sep 25, 2013. 03:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Long The S&P 500? Implications Of The Upcoming Vanguard ETF Reverse Split [View article]
    Seeking Alpha owns all rights to the article, so they can remove if asked. thanks for the headsup
    Sep 25, 2013. 02:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stop Panicking Over American Capital Agency [View article]
    Moneyman--

My statistics are accurate. Your comment is unfair as I present the case for investors who bought in 2010. Your 2013 purchase, from my viewpoint is still "a trade". Anything less than 18 months is a short-term investment in my view. So yes, you bought at the worst time possible. If you go back to earlier articles and check the dividend analysis, you will see that patience is a virtue. 7 months is not very long, especially in dividend world.

Regards,
    Chris
    Sep 25, 2013. 12:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Western Asset Mortgage: Is It Time To Panic? [View article]
    NO cut--new article on it:

Sep 25, 2013. 09:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That is a great question. The answer is it depends. It is not uncommon for companies to use the split to also play with their dividend to "save" money. Remember, many times reverse splits are a conducted because of a weak stock, which means a dividend cut could be likely, easily by maintaining the current dividend on less shares. For something performing stronger, like VOO, it is likely the dividend YIELD will be maintained, which generally would mean an adjustment to the dividend in proportion to the split (i.e. 1 for 2 would mean a double in dividend amount...keeping yield the same).
    Sep 24, 2013. 10:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Searching For Yield Amid An Avalanche Of Dividend Cuts [View article]
    Hi Peter. That is true for the year. However, if you had followed my work you would have known that I sold nearly ALL mREIT holdings in February. I didnt start building positions again until May. Countiing dividends, my mREIT section of portfolio is currently down 4.9% as of 12:15PM EST 9/23/13.

Regards,
    Chris
    Sep 23, 2013. 12:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Putting The Big Dividend Cuts In Perspective: What You Need To Do [View article]
    Its only my second largest mREIT because ive sold some AGNC and WMC on the bounce after the taper. Its not my second largest holding overall. That is Tesla (thanks to the capital gains) and I will be ringing the register soon!
    Sep 20, 2013. 10:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I like NYMT as a commercial/diversifed mREIT play. It has a good busniess model and insder buying. I dont write about it because I dont own it or trade it; I have considered buying NYMT in place of MTGE in the past though. Id be a buyer under $6.00
    Sep 20, 2013. 02:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin Mortgage: Large Upside Potential In A REIT You Probably Never Heard Of [View article]
    Hi everyone,

I will be addressing the dividend cut in an upcoming article. Basically, the cut has to do with keeping the yield in line where it was supposed to be, as well as ensuring earnings will be able to cover it. Make no mistake, JMI makes fantastic earnings. The cut is huge, no doubt, but to be honest, it should have been cut to 20 cents in the last three months. I think that we are seeing an over correction in the dividend cut as management realized this. Still, its yielding 14%.
    Sep 19, 2013. 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 New REITs Offering High Yields Plus Book Value Bargains [View article]
    Repeat after me "I will always fact check before hitting submit"...JMI has NEVER traded under $10.00. I know this because I wrote an in depth article about why I bought it at $10.75, three cents above the all time low.

Second. "NLY considered by many to be a proxy for the REIT sector, has lost about one third of its market value since September 2012. Investors in Annaly who've endured those losses will need more than two years of its 15.31% dividend yield to break even."

Incorrect again. For sake of math, lets say NLY traded at $17 in september (it was actually HIGHER on average). It now trades at $11.90, a loss of $6.10. At the current dividend of $0.40, it pays $1.60 per year. Therefore it will take nearly FOUR years to get that money back, assuming yield and share price stays the same, not counting reinvestment. $1.60*4=$6.40.

Please fact check.

Repeat.

Please fact check.
    Sep 16, 2013. 02:53 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is This The Top? Preparing For The Fed's Exit [View article]
    What planet are you on? Minor role? Then Why are they even bothering?
    Sep 15, 2013. 03:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bearish Catalysts Mounting: How I'm Positioning [View article]
    Hedges SP better, an analysis a while ago on hear found the rho correlation coeefficient in the -.65 range. So moderately. You really need a lot of action for a stronger correlation. Low volume selldowns generally dont correlate very well.
    Sep 13, 2013. 04:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bearish Catalysts Mounting: How I'm Positioning [View article]
    I have to think about that
    Sep 13, 2013. 04:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bearish Catalysts Mounting: How I'm Positioning [View article]
    Hey you forgot long gold and silver. The reality is though you are receiving a biased sample of my holdings. I write about the most controversial, potential upside/downside holdings. I could write about my AMZN or TSLA trades, or my having held JPM since April 2009, or picking up SLB when it was sub $50.00, or any number of the health care stocks, biotech, semiconductor stocks etc I hold. I dont, because aside from maybe the TSLA trade, the material is, well, somewhat boring. Its why I dont write about bonds, or berkshire hathaway or mcdonalds. Nobody would read.
    Sep 13, 2013. 04:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment