Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • American Capital Agency: The Bottom Is Here And Risk Is To The Upside [View article]
    Hmmm. Hadnt considered the Energy side of the equation here. Nice addition
    Jan 26, 2014. 10:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes you did.
    Jan 26, 2014. 10:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That is an interesting prop bet.
    Jan 25, 2014. 12:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Only a fool puts all of their money into one investment. So while on paper this may be a loss for some, surely they have gained eslewhere. Diversification is key.
    Jan 25, 2014. 12:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vista Gold Is Undervalued: Why Reserves At One Property Are Worth Your Consideration [View article]
    I think its fair. I would point out that Sprott has almost doubled its stake in last month
    Jan 23, 2014. 02:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sitting on a lot of cash waiting for market pullback I mean
    Jan 23, 2014. 10:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Im holding. I think a buyout is coming. I might even buy more since Im sitting in cash.
    Jan 23, 2014. 10:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly: No One Is Talking About Insider Buying, But They Should Be [View article]
    SEC filing, Direct Open market purchase. Best options they have that Im aware of are in the low teens. They were all open market purchases.
    Jan 19, 2014. 03:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I like $JMI $NYMT $PMT $NLY. At current levels $AGNC and $WMC. $TWO is good too. I think those with diversified portfolios are the best bet.
    Jan 18, 2014. 12:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking For A Gold Play? Why I Still See 25% To 50% Upside In Alamos [View article]
    Its been crushed solely due to the revised guidance of lower production. I think it is still a good play in the space. But im pretty darn disappointed.
    Jan 17, 2014. 10:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Has Bottomed: Multiple Reasons To Run For The Hills [View article]
    Hi Brad,

Thank you for the article. In general I agree with the premise that NLY preferreds are the better route. Running for the hills may have been a good title a year ago, but it is a nice friendly repartee to my piece a few days ago. I only wish this article was out before I submitted my latest article on the space (bringing the count to 8?). Keep up the good work as this is what makes a market.

Hope all is well in the New Year.

Regards,
    Chris
    Jan 16, 2014. 10:38 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PMs and oil downgraded at Deutsche [View news story]
    Cut away, lower those prices of gold and silver. I need to buy some.
    Jan 14, 2014. 03:59 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin's Downgrade: Sell The News Or Seize The Opportunity? [View article]
    They are certainly not HUGE buys, but nobody is selling.
    Jan 13, 2014. 03:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin's Downgrade: Sell The News Or Seize The Opportunity? [View article]
    I see the stock moving into the mid $15's. So while I recommended this stock at $11, $11.50, $12, $13, and $14, I still see upside. Things looking pretty good for the company. Pays 12.4%. Not too bad.
    Jan 13, 2014. 03:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin's Downgrade: Sell The News Or Seize The Opportunity? [View article]
    I did mention that it was ex-dividend today; but you are correct that it dropped 15 cents immediately, and is accounting for almost half of todays decline. The downgrade is the bulk of it.
    Jan 13, 2014. 03:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment