Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Update: American Capital Agency Earnings - Impact On My Bottom Call [View article]
    Agree the einhorn position was definitely intriguing. I am piecing together a much more rigourous article to go in depth. As stated before, these update features dont allow for in depth analysis, leading to inability to get in detail. Now, despite the CC, the dividend is not necessarily safe (i believe it will be fine), but a really bad quarter could hurt it...but I dont see this happening unless we have a run up in rates like we saw last year. at some point, the company needs real income, but for now, things are looking clear.
    Aug 15 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you Matt. This is an important clarification and one that is 100% correct. These update articles are not allowed to be rigourous, so I cant get into the extreme detail as I normally do in my articles. However, this is a great comment and I think that it is something that needs to be highlighted.
    Aug 15 01:55 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Plug Power Earnings And My Bullish Call [View article]
    Shorts can drive down the price. A bad quarter could compund their win by regular joes selling. But you are right that they keep the opportunity for short covering rallies
    Aug 15 01:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Great idea and good timing. I have been behind the stock since it hit the 20's but really pounded the table in december/january
    Aug 15 12:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Silver Wheaton Earnings - Alters My Thesis On The Stock [View article]
    It is a good hedge. Because silver prices will rise, along with SLW earnings, subsequently causing dividends to rise along with the share price. Could be another year or so before we see any movement
    Aug 15 12:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Plug Power Earnings And My Bullish Call [View article]
    Price target is tough here. The traders control the action but I would surmise that another quarter like this one could drive the stock to $8.00
    Aug 14 09:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Plug Power Earnings And My Bullish Call [View article]
    Yeah that definitely caught my eye. Basically moving the needle of sales by 30mm if the acceleration ramped up to huge order volume
    Aug 14 09:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Plug Power Earnings And My Bullish Call [View article]
    You could always email seeking alpha and nominate me. I can't submit my own.
    Aug 14 09:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    A fair point Liam but the change is that while I maintain the long-term but recommendation I am no longer saying get in there and buy now. Silver is languishing, earnings aren't good. Back in December there was a lot more conviction. All In all I like the company long-term, but you should now wait for a good pullback.
    Aug 14 08:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Wheaton results weak, but analysts see better days ahead [View news story]
    But the earnings does change the thesis!

Aug 14 03:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Annaly Capital - My Bottom Call And The Impact Of Q2 Earnings [View article]
    Well its defninitely not one shot, its the second quarter in a row. I think a buy at these levels or a pullback is safe
    Aug 14 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Great comment Wise
    Aug 14 11:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Javelin Mortgage Investment's Second Quarter Earnings Impact [View article]
    The dividend is still safe because they have cash on hand to cover the difference. HOWEVER, if they lack coverage again, this may well dry up leading to either a cut, or a secondary. Further, the dividend has been declared for this quarter (so augusts and septembers are safe at $0.15)
    Aug 14 11:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think under $13, shares are a good value. JMI always seems to be priced at or around a premium to book, so if you can get it well below, generally a good buy. But they need to cover that dividend. A cut would crush shares.
    Aug 14 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I really beleive it is because they were late to the rebalancing party. This was one reason they were so strong in nov-dec-jan while others were bumping along their bottoms. Now competition is reaping the benefits while JMI plays catchup
    Aug 14 10:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment