Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Making Sense Of First Niagara [View article]
    I do have a checking account there....
    Apr 29, 2015. 09:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • JPMorgan Chase Is A Quality Buy [View article]
    Price to book is just one metric, but to be honest, it is really bank centric. A bank trading at twice the ratio of another bank may seem expensive, but commands a higher ratio because it has much better growth prospects. Likewise, a low price to book can mean the bank is weak. That said, DEPENDING on all of the other metrics, it could mean it is a hidden opportunity. I would use it as just one piece of a broad range of predictive evidence regarding the future quality of a banking investment
    Apr 28, 2015. 02:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coming To Terms With American Capital Agency [View article]
    Honestly, I was surprised Kain and team isn't using the volatility to drive some Alpha, but they are playing defense now.
    Apr 28, 2015. 01:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Coming To Terms With American Capital Agency [View article]
    To most it is.
    Apr 28, 2015. 01:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Coming To Terms With American Capital Agency [View article]
    It is devastating when on one saw it coming and continues a line of dividend cuts which drives capital losses (albeit unrealized) even higher. So yes, it is gut wrenching and devastating.
    Apr 28, 2015. 01:57 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MGT Capital Investments: DraftDay Is An Interesting Asset And The Company Is A Willing Seller [View article]
    Thank you for the MGT reference. This buy call still haunts me. Management was self serving and greedy and basically robbed shareholders to line their own pockets
    Apr 28, 2015. 12:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CYS Investments Sets The Bar Pretty Low [View article]
    Hey Albert thanks for stopping by, It certainly was on defense but I was surprised to see what was posted. I was less surprised by the BV because the valued of their MBS rose (with declining rates).
    Apr 23, 2015. 03:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Take On Bank Of America [View article]
    @Bossco,

The competitors in question are the ones I have written about recently (e.g. JPM, WFC etc).
    Apr 16, 2015. 09:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Future Looks Bright For The New Alamos Gold [View article]
    Please note that the article linked to AG mistakenly and has been rectified to AGI. Was only this way for a few moments, but apologies to anyone who came here looking for AG
    Apr 13, 2015. 01:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Confident In Royal Dutch Shell [View article]
    So...shareholders should not be happy the company is buying back shares after the acquisition? I disagree. While you are correct about the net the company is upping its production by 20% while buying back shares to keep the dilution away. You don't see that everyday from other companies
    Apr 9, 2015. 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Confident In Royal Dutch Shell [View article]
    Steven---see here: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Apr 9, 2015. 09:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Confident In Royal Dutch Shell [View article]
    That's why the company will buy back $25 billion in shares to offset the dilution. Yes at first will be dilutive. Accretion kicks in fiscal 2017
    Apr 8, 2015. 10:50 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Goldcorp Needs Cash To Fund Increased Production [View article]
    HensD I have laid this out in prior articles. Their debt payments are coming due and they are extraordinarily high. The company has been borrowing more with longer due dates to pay off earlier debts and fund dividends. With the company finally cutting expenses things are improving cash flow wise, but the debt issue is real.
    Apr 8, 2015. 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Medley Capital: I Don't Care About The Past [View article]
    I BELIEVE today's dividend was announced for holders of MDLY not MCC.
    Apr 1, 2015. 12:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Synta Pharmaceuticals: The Good News And The Bad News [View article]
    RXII is in a situation where a major preferred stock holder is converting shares and selling them. More than half of shares sold in recent months are from this one holder!
    Apr 1, 2015. 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment