Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Annaly Capital: Stay The Course [View article]
    actual book value may not matter but the trajectory of book value and the share price discount (or premium) to book is key.

See this piece: http://seekingalpha.co...

interest rate spread is key too
    Nov 8, 2014. 08:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Capital: Stay The Course [View article]
    Thanks for reading. Please peruse my last dozen or so articles which have covered mREIT earnings. You will see that NLY did quite fine. Best-of-Breed? No. $NYMT is best-of-breed
    Nov 7, 2014. 01:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Yamana Gold Reports Q3 Results - I'm Throwing In The Towel [View article]
    Its gonna be a long wait. I thought it was a steal under $9. Its the whole sector.
    Nov 4, 2014. 02:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Hecla Mining Announces Preliminary Q3 Production - The Good News And The Bad News [View article]
    NO fault of HL. Its the WHOLE sector
    Oct 31, 2014. 10:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: MeetMe Doubles Chat Users In 6 Months - Bullish But Will It Impact Revenue? [View article]
    Call is November 6th at 1030 AM EST
    Oct 31, 2014. 09:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: MeetMe Announces Key Partnership And Launch Of New App - I Didn't See This Coming [View article]
    I think it is ready to move. The market isn't as enthusiastic about the user growth as I am. They key will be revenue growth. If they cant show it, it will stay around $2.00. If they show strong growth, it will move. 6 mos out tough to tell but I will say above $2.00 for sure
    Oct 29, 2014. 09:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Yes---but going to have wait as I am submitting a short article on this

The CC hasn't been announced yet but should be around Nov 5-10
    Oct 28, 2014. 12:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Irrational Ebola Fears: What To Do And What Not To Do [View article]
    There's a number of issues here. Yes, a symptomatic ebola patient CAN shed virus in the sweat. But first---don't workout out when ill. Any real gym goer knows this. Second, wipe down your machine with disinfectant. While it is unclear if the gym disinfectant will kill virus (I think it does), having wiped it down greatly reduces the risk of transmitting anything and is just good gym policy. Third, who uses a machine when there is visible sweat on it? Not very hygienic. Fourth, everyone knows you don't put lips on a drinking fountain.

Overall I think there is less than minimal risk here. While not impossible, you are more likely to die in a gym accident than contract ebola at the gym.

At the time of this writing the market was in selloff mode and it coincided with the ebola issues.
    Oct 28, 2014. 10:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Selling Pressure Mounts: Consider Holding TZA Through Year End For Outsized Returns [View article]
    its only utility is as a trading vehicle.
    Oct 28, 2014. 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: First Niagara Announces Large Consolidation - Efficiency Continues To Improve [View article]
    It is disappointing. Good call on the press release. I do think the bank will be fine in the long run. But this management team has got to get moving.
    Oct 27, 2014. 01:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Plug Power Could Charge Up Your Portfolio [View article]
    Excellent comment
    Oct 27, 2014. 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Plug Power Could Charge Up Your Portfolio [View article]
    Can Amazon without a drop of profits be worth 133 billion? It doesn't matter.
    Oct 27, 2014. 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Plug Power Could Charge Up Your Portfolio [View article]
    Good question. I don't think they have enough funding to proceed fully on this YET. However, the results of the evaluation will be key because if they are favorable, PLUG is a likely primary developer. That would be a major game changer
    Oct 27, 2014. 10:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Plug Power Could Charge Up Your Portfolio [View article]
    I think the deal will be mentioned as BLDP is a key partner. In terms of a specific deal in mind, tough to tell. My guess is they tossed that out there and are currently trying to shop larger deals.
    Oct 27, 2014. 10:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: TrustCo Bank's Q3 Earnings - I Remain Resolute [View article]
    It doesn't stand out as under or overexposed in any meaningful way. I think a slowly rising interest rate would be a big benefit to the company
    Oct 23, 2014. 09:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment