Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Conn's - Strength Today Is An Opportunity To Sell And Possibly Short [View article]
    Thank you for the humor; the 1st paragraph is in error and I apologize for not catching the word 'higher', when I clearly meant lower. Definitely confusing as written and I apologize. Making an edit to rectify
    Jun 3, 2015. 09:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Long Michael Kors-Short Coach: A Low-Risk, High Potential Trade [View article]
    Well there goes my EXACT idea for this pitch....very nice article and good minds think alike
    Jun 2, 2015. 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What I Think About Prospect Capital [View article]
    Well this is not a conservative income stock. Conservative income stocks that I like are T, O even RDS:B now after the oil decline
    May 19, 2015. 12:01 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What I Think About Prospect Capital [View article]
    Well its not a screaming buy, but I do think it is a buy. The uncertainty has created this discount. I do not see the discount lasting SO LONG as the dividend remains covered. yes there is the spinoff issue, and when there is a lot more color on what impacts there will be, expect to see articles
    May 19, 2015. 12:00 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What I Think About Prospect Capital [View article]
    @Skip5er,

Please see this piece to help address you management compensation question: http://seekingalpha.co...
    May 19, 2015. 11:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What I Think About Prospect Capital [View article]
    I cant speak for the company's past; I didn't get behind the name until it had cut its dividend and dropped to under $9. Im not making excuses to for the past, but at present levels I like the name. It is an income play. Total return is a nice retrospective way to look at it, but not a way of forward thinking.
    May 19, 2015. 10:48 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Worst Of Breed Is An Insult To Other mREITs: Javelin Mortgage Investment [View article]
    Thank you for validating my prior work on this name. Its garbage
    May 19, 2015. 10:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Chimera Investment Corp: A Winner In A Losing Sector [View article]
    Its not just this name, its been a sector wide issue. Those with strong key metrics are to be bought now at a discount. They are few and far between but CIM is one of them. Price will only erode further if rates move with volatility
    May 12, 2015. 03:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Is What You Need To Know About Annaly Capital [View article]
    I wouldn't sell AGNC or MTGE at this point; I have holds on both.

Newt--just looking at the chart I would take some profits. I have to look into it more though to determine longer term
    May 11, 2015. 04:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Is What You Need To Know About Annaly Capital [View article]
    Im liking NYMT, AMTG, WMC, IVR, EARN
    May 11, 2015. 12:18 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Is What You Need To Know About Annaly Capital [View article]
    Some say the company died with Farrell; it may be true. This team just is not delivering and is overpaid to boot
    May 11, 2015. 09:23 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Is What You Need To Know About Annaly Capital [View article]
    The fact they would not buy back stock irked me; as we know they are compensated more to manage more assets. Of course, a dividend cannot make up for capital losses. NLY has fallen out of favor which is why I reallocated some capital to better names. That said, when you look at the 10 year history of the stock, the dividends have far outpaced the paper losses.
    May 11, 2015. 09:23 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fauquier Bankshares Remains A Buy Despite A Rough Quarter [View article]
    Thanks for stopping by funfun!
    May 9, 2015. 09:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Two Harbors: Is The Dividend Safe? [View article]
    Oops! it should read from $11.10!. Got ahead of myself thanks for keeping me honest sorry I missed this before releasing
    May 9, 2015. 09:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apollo Residential Mortgage Should Have Everyone's Attention [View article]
    Yes I didn't get behind AMTG until a few quarters ago. It has turned things around
    May 8, 2015. 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment