Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Looking For A Gold Play? Why I Still See 25% To 50% Upside In Alamos [View article]
    Its been crushed solely due to the revised guidance of lower production. I think it is still a good play in the space. But im pretty darn disappointed.
    Jan 17 10:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Has Bottomed: Multiple Reasons To Run For The Hills [View article]
    Hi Brad,

Thank you for the article. In general I agree with the premise that NLY preferreds are the better route. Running for the hills may have been a good title a year ago, but it is a nice friendly repartee to my piece a few days ago. I only wish this article was out before I submitted my latest article on the space (bringing the count to 8?). Keep up the good work as this is what makes a market.

Hope all is well in the New Year.

Regards,
    Chris
    Jan 16 10:38 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PMs and oil downgraded at Deutsche [View news story]
    Cut away, lower those prices of gold and silver. I need to buy some.
    Jan 14 03:59 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin's Downgrade: Sell The News Or Seize The Opportunity? [View article]
    They are certainly not HUGE buys, but nobody is selling.
    Jan 13 03:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin's Downgrade: Sell The News Or Seize The Opportunity? [View article]
    I see the stock moving into the mid $15's. So while I recommended this stock at $11, $11.50, $12, $13, and $14, I still see upside. Things looking pretty good for the company. Pays 12.4%. Not too bad.
    Jan 13 03:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin's Downgrade: Sell The News Or Seize The Opportunity? [View article]
    I did mention that it was ex-dividend today; but you are correct that it dropped 15 cents immediately, and is accounting for almost half of todays decline. The downgrade is the bulk of it.
    Jan 13 03:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bearish Catalysts Mounting: How I'm Positioning [View article]
    Everytime we get a sell signal its too weak and buyers keep stepping in. At this point, most everyone i Know is begging for a selloff. Dont hold these things. Only buy them for trades. A couple weeks at MOST.
    Jan 13 10:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Has Bottomed: Multiple Reasons To Buy [View article]
    JMI was up over 1% again today for the record lol
    Jan 9 08:05 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Has Bottomed: Multiple Reasons To Buy [View article]
    Thanks illuminati lol
    Jan 9 03:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Has Bottomed: Multiple Reasons To Buy [View article]
    Oy vey, I was writing and discussing third quarter issues its January of course. Kind of like I keep saying 2013 even though its 2014. Still feels like December. Ill submit that correction
    Jan 9 02:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Has Bottomed: Multiple Reasons To Buy [View article]
    The chart only went back three months. But I see a bottom forming here as discussed. The degree to which interest rates move (or hold steady) will dictate a lot of this though you are correct
    Jan 9 01:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • JPMorgan Bullish On Gold Miners? My Immediate Recommendation [View article]
    Well it may occur in an ESA (like an IRA for kids education if you are unfamiliar) but now im curious if Im owed a few dollars
    Jan 9 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Trade The 8% Yielding Alpine Total Fund Before It Splits And Raises Its Payout [View article]
    if you go to google finance, it has the yiled as 15.95 but is counting the distribution as 6 cents (rounding up the 5.65 to 6). BUT it is using the PRE SPLIT share price to generate that yield. In reality it SHOULD used the post split price which at 4.25 would be 8.50
    Jan 8 09:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yield is remaining the same (well going up because they are raising the payout 4.6%). Since the number of shares you own goes down by half, the dividend is being doulbed (not counting the 4.6% increase) to keep things the same.

See the release: http://bit.ly/1bTb0BG
    Jan 8 09:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It was 2.7 but after the split it was going to be too going to 5.4 but it has been raised to 5.6 I calculated the yield based on the pre-split shareprice but use the post split payout I will submit a correction as yield is in fact 8%. It was not intention to mislead anyone at all. Just a mistake but an important error that will be rectified shortly.
    Jan 8 07:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment