Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Chimera Investment Corp: A Winner In A Losing Sector [View article]
    Its not just this name, its been a sector wide issue. Those with strong key metrics are to be bought now at a discount. They are few and far between but CIM is one of them. Price will only erode further if rates move with volatility
    May 12, 2015. 03:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Is What You Need To Know About Annaly Capital [View article]
    I wouldn't sell AGNC or MTGE at this point; I have holds on both.

Newt--just looking at the chart I would take some profits. I have to look into it more though to determine longer term
    May 11, 2015. 04:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Is What You Need To Know About Annaly Capital [View article]
    Im liking NYMT, AMTG, WMC, IVR, EARN
    May 11, 2015. 12:18 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Is What You Need To Know About Annaly Capital [View article]
    Some say the company died with Farrell; it may be true. This team just is not delivering and is overpaid to boot
    May 11, 2015. 09:23 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Is What You Need To Know About Annaly Capital [View article]
    The fact they would not buy back stock irked me; as we know they are compensated more to manage more assets. Of course, a dividend cannot make up for capital losses. NLY has fallen out of favor which is why I reallocated some capital to better names. That said, when you look at the 10 year history of the stock, the dividends have far outpaced the paper losses.
    May 11, 2015. 09:23 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fauquier Bankshares Remains A Buy Despite A Rough Quarter [View article]
    Thanks for stopping by funfun!
    May 9, 2015. 09:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Two Harbors: Is The Dividend Safe? [View article]
    Oops! it should read from $11.10!. Got ahead of myself thanks for keeping me honest sorry I missed this before releasing
    May 9, 2015. 09:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apollo Residential Mortgage Should Have Everyone's Attention [View article]
    Yes I didn't get behind AMTG until a few quarters ago. It has turned things around
    May 8, 2015. 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin Mortgage: Don't Get Knocked Out [View article]
    Why did they buy at $16, $12, $9?

I just cant back a company with this track record. Names like AMTG, WMC and NYMT are just far superior
    May 8, 2015. 09:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Resource Capital Is Holding Its Own [View article]
    Yes in my last article I covered that the preferreds were the best way to go
    May 7, 2015. 09:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New York Mortgage Trust: They Can't All Be Winners [View article]
    Its not personal its metrics are just poor. Narrowing spreads, sitting at a 52 week low, income pressured. No good
    May 6, 2015. 03:49 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New York Mortgage Trust: They Can't All Be Winners [View article]
    I don't like AI at all. Sorry. Why don't you take a look at WMC. If you want a sustainable yield, you could look into O or even check out some oil plays (I like CVX and RDS.B). AT&T is also reliable. AI is not.
    May 6, 2015. 02:42 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin Mortgage: Don't Get Knocked Out [View article]
    ORC is a different breed though. Orchid takes a slightly different approach than most mREITs. Orchid allocates capital to two residential mortgage backed security sub-portfolios. These are its pass-through residential mortgage backed security sub-portfolio and the structured residential mortgage backed security sub-portfolio, which contains interest only and inverse interest-only securities. There are no commercial assets. The company has allocated 71% of its portfolio to the pass-through residential mortgage backed security sub-portfolio.
    May 6, 2015. 12:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin Mortgage: Don't Get Knocked Out [View article]
    Bookmark this comment and comeback in September. I HOPE it comes back for you. I really do; but you need to research Bimini and look at ARR too.
    May 6, 2015. 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment