Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • The One mREIT That Will Easily Rise In 2014 [View article]
    12 now
    Jan 8 03:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The One mREIT That Will Easily Rise In 2014 [View article]
    Good. Just keep an eye on it. Its been on a tear lately.
    Jan 8 03:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seize The Opportunity If The Secondary Knocks New York Mortgage Trust Down [View article]
    Ive looked at it and MORT. But then you get all of the good AND the bad in the basket. Im trying to stick with the best performers with good managements. ....NLY and AGNC have been awful performers but have stellar managements.
    Jan 7 11:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Good News: Why These mREITs Are Poised To Rise Into 2014 [View article]
    Its up 30% in two months while others have plummetted. Its only 2% of my entire portfolio lol.
    Jan 6 02:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Good News: Why These mREITs Are Poised To Rise Into 2014 [View article]
    Go to WMC. http://bit.ly/1cTATpy
    Jan 6 01:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • As Annaly And American Capital Disappoint, This MREIT Rises - Don't Short It [View article]
    I like NYMT. And of course have been enamored with JMI of late (30% return...33% with dividends since getting behind it). Also like $MTGE and $TWO. I just write a lot about the battleground ones.
    Jan 6 09:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hardly justifies a short.
    Jan 6 09:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The One mREIT That Will Easily Rise In 2014 [View article]
    Thank you for taking the time to check my JMI history. Bruce has a valid point that mREITs have been awful relative to SPY. Shoot, you could have invested everything in SPY and worked on the golf game and gotten 29%. That said, ~18% of my portfolio is high dividend if which mreits are 12% (also have BDCs and MLPs)). Im still in NLY and AGNC as well as MTGE and WMC. Might take a piece of NYMT, but JMI is defnitely my favorite now. I started my position in JMI at $11.00.
    Jan 2 12:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AGQ - The Investment Of The Decade? [View article]
    Just be mindful that the big names are still bearish on silver (I am bullish). That said, AGQ will lose money if silver remains stagnant or trades range bound for several months due to the way the fund is set up). In other words, say silver holds 19.00 a share and only moves between 18.50 and 19.50 for 6 months, AGQ is likely to depreciate over 10%. That said, when silver does take off, AGQ will soar
    Jan 2 11:53 AM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • JPMorgan Bullish On Gold Miners? My Immediate Recommendation [View article]
    Dont know much about LEXVF i will take a look
    Jan 2 11:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The One mREIT That Will Easily Rise In 2014 [View article]
    Nice addition here jbbson thanks for sharing your thoughts and personal performance of your divvy portfolio
    Jan 2 11:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What The Fed Meeting Really Means For Your mREIT [View article]
    Ill have to look into AI more
    Jan 2 10:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What The Fed Meeting Really Means For Your mREIT [View article]
    I think this is a consideration but would have more impact on the rate at which purchases are declined. There is a general consensus, even among the hawks that keeping the fed funds rate low has been the crux of this rally.
    Jan 2 10:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The One mREIT That Will Easily Rise In 2014 [View article]
    Thats very true. Q1 dividends are essentially sure to remain .15. Mind you, it could go UP as well. However, given present earnings AND the buyback, I think current payout is sustainable. the 13% yield is reasonable.
    Jan 2 10:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In The Future Of Cancer Therapy: Synta A Top 2014 Pick [View article]
    I beg to differ on this one. The buying was extremely intense recently.
    Jan 2 09:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment