Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Update: Capstead Mortgage Reports But Is It Still The Most Stable mREIT? [View article]
    Right the headlines are not good but I like their strategy and despite recent weakness, all things considered, shares have not dropped much since I got behind the stock
    Jan 29, 2015. 12:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: MGT Technology's Q2 Earnings - Owning Up To The Worst Call Of My Career [View article]
    I haven't looked at it in some time. Looks like it might head to $0.40
    Jan 26, 2015. 01:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: How I Feel About Goldcorp Buying Probe Shares From Agnico Eagle [View article]
    It is when im updating my prior article especially when I liked that no cash was being spent now out goes C$40 MM
    Jan 21, 2015. 03:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: After A Massive Sell-Off, The CEO Is Buying RXi Pharmaceuticals Stock [View article]
    Well, you win some and you lose some. On both SNTA and RXII I stand behind the data. For the most part, the bulk of developmental stage biopharma stocks have been slaughtered since summer 2014
    Jan 21, 2015. 11:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Have Concerns Regarding American Capital Agency After The Dividend Announcement [View article]
    WMC shares are reeling from the lack of a special div. They are also under pressure following rates and the spread risk. Im not worried unless they miss earnings badly. Its yielding 21%
    Jan 20, 2015. 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you bbo, I pulled that old announcement and do see it in there. I had missed this
    Jan 20, 2015. 11:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Downgrading Javelin Mortgage After The Recent Dividend News [View article]
    Last known BV was around $13, and BV might even come up after Q4 due to rate movements but the spread could narrow. I liquidated my position at $11.50, but think at these levels its a hold, and under $9.75 could be a buy
    Jan 14, 2015. 03:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Accumulate Goldcorp Under $20 A Share [View article]
    Back out the management piece (and in some cases keep it) and you can insert any gold stock into your "analysis." Thanks for reading.
    Jan 13, 2015. 04:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: A Shareholder's View Of Yamana's Decision To Raise Cash Here [View article]
    Well the possibility of a greek exit can spook markets and spike gold a bit, but unless Greece actually leaves the Euro any impact of the fears will be short-lived
    Jan 13, 2015. 03:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Despite A Turnaround, Response Genetics Faces Nasdaq Delisting [View article]
    I bought a TON at $0.30
    Jan 13, 2015. 01:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Thoughts Regarding TrustCo Bank's Latest Management Shakeup [View article]
    Thank you for sharing that I apologize I did not see the question sooner
    Jan 13, 2015. 01:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: My Reaction To Western Asset Mortgage's Dividend Announcement [View article]
    Yes because I control stock movements of an entire sector. How long have you held it, a month? You clearly should not be investing. Buy an index fund.
    Jan 13, 2015. 01:48 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Fifth Street Extends Another $110 Million To Permira - Why I Like This Deal [View article]
    If you are concerned sell now for a modest gain. NEgative cash flow is not uncommon for many BDC and mREITs once in a while. It means they paid out more then they brought in. If it persists can lead to dividend cuts which will lower share price.

If you are looking for 'safer' yield, try "O" or "HCN" etc. Even "T" or "VZ". BDCs are riskier.
    Jan 2, 2015. 12:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Not So Happy Holidays For Invesco Shareholders As The Company Announces Dividend Cut [View article]
    They have enough...for now. Q4 will be critical
    Dec 31, 2014. 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    $0.70 dividend (the stock always drops on ex-dividend date by the dividend payment)
    Dec 26, 2014. 10:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment