Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • How I Bought Royal Dutch Shell [View article]
    Sorry to hear that. I only just got into the name, so I could not have known before. I would shift into the B-shares. It will cost you minimal input and you will make it back rather quickly with the dividend
    Mar 31, 2015. 02:39 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Chimera Investment's Decision To Reverse Split Affects You [View article]
    Such as?
    Mar 31, 2015. 01:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Windstream: Come For The Dividend, But Stay For The Significant Value [View article]
    Dig deeper into my article. Its 1 for 1 FOLLOWING the split. if you look at pre, then it is 1 to 5. But since its splitting it maintains that issuance (minus the 20% being kept aside)
    Mar 31, 2015. 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Synta Pharmaceuticals: The Good News And The Bad News [View article]
    Pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    Mar 31, 2015. 12:03 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Addressing Synta Pharmaceuticals' Cash Burn [View article]
    I don't know why there are doing this now.
    Mar 30, 2015. 08:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin Mortgage: Throw In The Towel [View article]
    Good luck on your buy. See you at $5.00. Better off with $NYMT or $AMTG.
    Mar 29, 2015. 12:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Get On Board Carnival [View article]
    hmmm no pun intended....hahah. Indeed.
    Mar 27, 2015. 04:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin Mortgage: Throw In The Towel [View article]
    Hi Con,

Yes I defended it a lot at those levels. I first downgraded to hold in Q4. Now I have a flat sell. I will admit when I get them wrong. Sometimes the outlook has to change. Id be worse at what I do if I defended a loser all the way to zero (without exceptional evidence at least). Look at my last article on $MTGE, I swallow the bitter pill of bad calls
    Mar 27, 2015. 03:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin Mortgage: Throw In The Towel [View article]
    ARR has been crushed. I don't like the stock when I can buy others that outperform. That said, its dividends are secure for now.
    Mar 27, 2015. 01:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Puzzling Case Of Spreads Is Resolved: Western Asset Mortgage Capital [View article]
    This was a very well thought out investigative piece and as someone who covers this company and others like it quite frequently, this article deserves more recognition than it will probably receive. This is by far your best article that I have read.
    Mar 25, 2015. 10:13 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sandstorm Gold: Shining Bright Like A Diamond [View article]
    I do share that concern; 10 years of life maybe less based on that estimate. But it is not unheard of at all to see mines go on 10, 20 years after the initial 'life of mine' estimates. Production could drop though, and eventually becomes cost prohibitive in many cases
    Mar 23, 2015. 11:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CYS Investments: What Now? [View article]
    I have discussed many times. It was the 'interest rate crisis' of 2013, when rates almost doubled in 3 months
    Mar 23, 2015. 09:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Triangle Capital: Are You Aware Of These Guys? [View article]
    I reported NII straight from the report:

Mar 20, 2015. 02:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Now The Time To Buy The 17% Yielding Resource Capital Corporation? [View article]
    lowest end of guidance. ouch
    Mar 20, 2015. 02:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Five Oaks' 14% Yield Here? [View article]
    Seems the announcement came out very recently. Looks like they are going to maintain for Q2. This suggests Q1 may be going well, but we wont have color on that for another month plus. Still, it is indeed a good sign, but the coverage concerns remain. We have to watch the core closely.

For those interested here is link to the just announced Q2 divs this week: