Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • JPMorgan Bullish On Gold Miners? My Immediate Recommendation [View article]
    Thank you ATK. Yes it is interesting. Some brokers will have the tax taken immediately. When I held (EGO) in an ESA with sharebuilder many moons ago they did this. However, TD Ameritrade did not.

Regards,
    Chris
    Jan 2 09:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In The Future Of Cancer Therapy: Synta A Top 2014 Pick [View article]
    Consult these works for more info. the short answer is yes the sample sizes are sufficient for more 2bs. Larger Phase III trials is where the big pressure is on and those are coming. Never know what the FDA will do, but I think the data justifies larger trials.

Dec 31 12:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    nice comment here and congrats on ONXX.
    Dec 31 12:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • JPMorgan Bullish On Gold Miners? My Immediate Recommendation [View article]
    I can attest to beef inflation it costs about $35 to grill two quality Porterhouse steaks here in New York. Just a few years ago only about $18-$22 for those two cuts. Depressing. Meanwhile I watch my gold and silver bullion whither away in value. Sigghhhhhhhh. Happy New Year!
    Dec 31 11:58 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Twitter Bubble Hasn't Burst [View article]
    Please note that in the original submission I had an important typo stating I bought at $30. This was actually $40 and sold at $50. If any have been using the $30 benchmark please note that was incorrect; I sold after 25% gain not 66%. Thank you and I apologize for any confusion
    Dec 30 02:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Twitter Bubble Hasn't Burst [View article]
    Thanks George. Its true im not a social media expert, but felt compelled to share my thoughts here. There is historical precedence to the action here. Further, the only thing we can really look to is advertising/monetizing plans, trends in user growth, and to me, the most relevant financial analysis which is the price to sales/revenues ratio. Other comprehensive analyses are already on the site and as such SA wont allow repetition of these. But that doesnt matter right now. Its a pure lemming stock at the moment.
    Dec 30 01:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Major mREIT Dividends Announced; 1 Conviction Buy And 2 Holds [View article]
    I've been into and out of AGNC since 2009. I like the management there. I just wish they had more diversification in the portfolio (some non-agencies and commercial exposure specifically)
    Dec 27 03:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Could An Opportunity In The E-Cigarette Space Light Up Your Portfolio? [View article]
    The website is a mess parsing through their investor center was like pulling teeth
    Dec 24 01:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you very much for the kind words. Merry Christmas!
    Dec 24 01:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you! Best of luck
    Dec 24 01:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks William. I think zero is a bit extreme. Seems this team has a bad history, but may finally have gotten it right with JMI.
    Dec 24 01:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you. I have not covered OAKS before so I cannot opine. As for the dates I pulled from the press release. They may have been the holder of record date. Well you can use this run up in JMI to trim some profits. Let it get to $14 first.
    Dec 24 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • As Annaly And American Capital Disappoint, This MREIT Rises - Don't Short It [View article]
    Good idea. I'll have to do some research to see if there has been coverage on this idea already.
    Dec 22 12:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks REIT. High risk high reward. Could crash and burn but thus far it's held up well. Death blow will be another sharp rise in rates. Should rates only gradually rise WMC will do well. Either way it plays out, I just can't justify shorting it, even if I thought they were a bad company and incompetent management team.
    Dec 21 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment