Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Javelin Mortgage: Don't Get Knocked Out [View article]
    its down another 5% today. Its junk
    May 6, 2015. 11:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading At Discount To Book Value Means Strong Entry Point Into American Capital Agency Corp. [View article]
    From the research that told us to buy ARR and JMI last week...no thanks. I was wrong on them last year. AGNC is a hold now. Not a buy
    May 5, 2015. 04:04 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney: An Absolute Powerhouse [View article]
    Well its a high quality problem. Still, I think we need to look at the payout ratio. There's room for growth. Of course, Ill always accept buybacks. I would not be surprised to see another stock split in the near future as well
    May 5, 2015. 01:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Take On CVS [View article]
    Im starting to agree with you on CVS. But...I will maintain that you missed the quadruple in RAD! But I see why one would have avoided it
    May 1, 2015. 03:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Synta Pharmaceuticals: The Good News And The Bad News [View article]
    Only down if it at all
    May 1, 2015. 01:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coming To Terms With American Capital Agency [View article]
    If you own all of these why not just by $MORT or $MORL. I own 5 myself and looking to consolidate to three
    Apr 30, 2015. 03:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Capstead Mortgage: Reality Versus Expectations [View article]
    Go to your profile. Edit. Select add picture. Choose one from the computer.
    Apr 30, 2015. 03:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Armour Residential REIT: You've Been Warned [View article]
    I left off Orchid and WMC. Very good
    Apr 30, 2015. 02:53 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Armour Residential REIT: You've Been Warned [View article]
    NYMT, CMO
    Apr 30, 2015. 02:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hope Is Not A Strategy, Before Investing Have A Precise Calculation Of Return In Mind [View article]
    Stellar Article here Chuck, thank you
    Apr 30, 2015. 01:57 PM | 20 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Making Sense Of First Niagara [View article]
    I do have a checking account there....
    Apr 29, 2015. 09:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • JPMorgan Chase Is A Quality Buy [View article]
    Price to book is just one metric, but to be honest, it is really bank centric. A bank trading at twice the ratio of another bank may seem expensive, but commands a higher ratio because it has much better growth prospects. Likewise, a low price to book can mean the bank is weak. That said, DEPENDING on all of the other metrics, it could mean it is a hidden opportunity. I would use it as just one piece of a broad range of predictive evidence regarding the future quality of a banking investment
    Apr 28, 2015. 02:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coming To Terms With American Capital Agency [View article]
    Honestly, I was surprised Kain and team isn't using the volatility to drive some Alpha, but they are playing defense now.
    Apr 28, 2015. 01:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Coming To Terms With American Capital Agency [View article]
    To most it is.
    Apr 28, 2015. 01:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Coming To Terms With American Capital Agency [View article]
    It is devastating when on one saw it coming and continues a line of dividend cuts which drives capital losses (albeit unrealized) even higher. So yes, it is gut wrenching and devastating.
    Apr 28, 2015. 01:57 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment