Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Windstream: Come For The Dividend, But Stay For The Significant Value [View article]
    Just to calrfit (excluding the 19.9% WIN will retain), accounting for a planned reverse split you will have a 1:1 exchange rate; though prior to this you will receive 0.2 based on present structure
    Mar 3, 2015. 01:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I disagree that a stock has to be above $10 to be a quality investment. Especially one that has been cyclical like this one. I think NOW is exactly when you want to put money to work in this name; for both dividends AND share growth.

Of course a big blue chip dividend will be more secure, but right now WIN is in the sweet spot, in my opinion
    Mar 3, 2015. 11:59 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It is my pleasure. I think there is real opportunity on this one
    Mar 3, 2015. 11:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I cannot comment on Google Finance. I don't even think Google understands it's algorithms. Go to Yahoo for this one for longer data/longer charts.

This is a great play in my opinion at current levels. Those holding for a long time may disagree but those looking to invest for the first time here have an excellent opportunity for long-term value
    Mar 3, 2015. 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin Mortgage Investment: Is It Time To Move On? [View article]
    I like that analogy
    Feb 28, 2015. 08:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Main Street Capital: It Has My Attention And It Should Have Yours Too [View article]
    Well MAIN's distributable net investment income was $27.5 million, or $0.61 per share in the quarter. The $.20333 was just the average monthly of the $.61 quarterly is all.
    Feb 28, 2015. 09:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you Rose and thanks for stopping by!
    Feb 27, 2015. 04:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Well the commenters here are quite strong and can correct me. The company considers itself a principal investment firm that operates as (and is considered) an internally managed bdc
    Feb 27, 2015. 04:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for reading yes I did step outside of my normal comfort zone to inform my followers about this company. Appreciate the support
    Feb 27, 2015. 03:58 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin Mortgage Investment: Is It Time To Move On? [View article]
    No I started trimming when it pulled back I sold a chunk at 13.50, 12.75, 12 and then the rest at 11 and change
    Feb 27, 2015. 03:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Really? A touch childish don't you think. Especially since I state more quarters like this will lead to more special dividends and raises. Special dividends are not guarantees folks. Hence the word "special."
    Feb 27, 2015. 03:41 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Javelin Mortgage Investment: Is It Time To Move On? [View article]
    When I bought it at $11 and it moved to $15.
    Feb 27, 2015. 03:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Western Asset Mortgage: Best-In-Breed Status? [View article]
    My pleasure
    Feb 27, 2015. 12:14 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Western Asset Mortgage: Best-In-Breed Status? [View article]
    JMI is awful. NYMT....that's the best
    Feb 27, 2015. 12:14 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Armour Residential REIT: What Did I Ever See In This Name? [View article]
    Bruce take a look at NYMT.
    Feb 27, 2015. 10:17 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment