Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Update: RXi Pharmaceuticals Presents New RXI-109 Phase 2a Data, Bull Case Strengthens [View article]
    It was a another sector wide small cap biopharma selloff. Look at others like $GTXI or $SNTA recent action. Same patterns. Nothing to do with the company. The price in my opinion is a gift
    Oct 10, 2014. 09:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hatteras Financial: Time To Get On Board With This Heavily Discounted 10.8% Yielder? [View article]
    Completely agree. I tend to do the key metrics first (present article) then dig deeper into the portfolio structure as you inquire about (i.e. CPR, holdings, hedges, deeper risk management etc).
    Oct 9, 2014. 01:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Now A Cash Cow As A Monthly Dividend Payer [View article]
    "The author wrote this article themselves, and it expresses their own opinions."

Please explain why you switch back and forth between "we" and "I" in the article.

I also fundamentally disagree with the notion that WMC will fall another $0.50 because that's what happened in the past.
    Oct 8, 2014. 02:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CYS Investments: The View Of An mREIT Investor [View article]
    I prefer WMC of the two
    Oct 8, 2014. 02:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I will make one general comment. As an epidemiologist, I think you should avoid the stocks that are rising due to ebola. While it may be the worst outbreak on record, the truth is that it has only infected possibly 20,000 individuals. This all started up in Feb-Mar 2014. It does not transmit easily. I just don't see a large market for this and frankly believe the outbreak will continue at this very slow pace. Bottom line, unless the companies are charging $25,000 per dose, I don't see much to be excited about in the ebola mania.
    Oct 8, 2014. 09:34 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Now Recommend Armour Residential REIT [View article]
    Ship me $10,000 I will pick some up in the open market today. I have enough mREITs as it is. I practically have my own $MORT here...
    Oct 6, 2014. 02:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Now Recommend Armour Residential REIT [View article]
    That's why I have avoided it for years. I think now its finally buyable
    Oct 6, 2014. 02:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Goldcorp Announces Dividend - Why It Is Significant To My Thesis [View article]
    I previously wrote an article that somewhat addresses this question. Click here: http://seekingalpha.co...

On one level yes it seems right, but on another it is also incorrect. Low supply doesn't necessitate a higher price.

Chris
    Oct 6, 2014. 01:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hens,

The discussion is not just in comments of that particular article, but others as well, but also on my blogs, in the forums (think yahoo, investorhub) and in my inboxes.

Apologies if this update made it seem like it was just in the comments section of the accumulation article.

Chris
    Oct 6, 2014. 01:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Invesco Just Went On Sale - Time To Load Up? [View article]
    I don't think it is that thinly traded. Take a look at $JMI volume. That's more thin. Relative to $NLY and $AGNC yes it is thinly traded, but with a million a day volume I don't think its much to worry about. It could mean big moves to the upside on good news.
    Oct 6, 2014. 01:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • This Is What Best-In-Breed Looks Like [View article]
    Over the long-haul it will all even out I think under $7.25 is ideal
    Oct 3, 2014. 09:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Exelixis Announces Very Positive Results From The CoBRIM Trial - Impacts To My Bull Thesis [View article]
    "the arthor is trying to hide something"

What is that exactly? you troll around to all my articles and complain. If you disagree with me, instead of whining like a child on comments, pen your own article for publication.

Good day,
    Chris
    Oct 3, 2014. 12:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Javelin Mortgage Announces Dividends - I Told You Not To Panic [View article]
    Then why didn't you sell it two months ago when it was at a premium?
    Oct 3, 2014. 12:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Prudent---

I will need to review the Q3 earnings before making that call. We need to see coverage, change in BV, change in interest rate spread etc.
    Oct 3, 2014. 10:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The case has been made--please review here:

Oct 3, 2014. 10:36 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment