Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • If You Like Sustainable Rising Dividends You Will Love Apollo Residential Mortgage [View article]
    Yes it is above average. They almost all cut dividends in 2013, some in 2014 too. AMTG has been raising.

Not sure why your taking issue with the thesis, when you got companies like MTGE, RSO and CMO that all cut theirs. This one is under the radar and doing well
    Mar 20, 2015. 12:20 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Does American Capital Mortgage's Performance Justify My Best-Of-The-Best Call? [View article]
    Im very concerned about what is happening to them this quarter. It feels preemptive
    Mar 19, 2015. 04:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Medley Capital: I Don't Care About The Past [View article]
    Its not overexposed by any means, but under 5% would be ideal. WE will have to watch the loans here to see if the companies are able to pay.
    Mar 19, 2015. 09:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Consider Franklin Street Properties Before Its Growth Initiatives For 2015-2016 Kick In [View article]
    Agree, but I see that changing in the next 6 to 24 months
    Mar 18, 2015. 02:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I agree somewhat. They have cleaned up their act, and going forward I like them. Don't care where they've been, only where they are going
    Mar 18, 2015. 02:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I might only have had hours to examine the company but I have years of looking at the sector. So thanks for reading.
    Mar 18, 2015. 02:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facts Are Facts: Is Plug Power Out Of Power? [View article]
    *had cash
    Mar 18, 2015. 11:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Now The Time To Buy The 17% Yielding Resource Capital Corporation? [View article]
    With respect, that information came from investor relations. Yes I am not a manager of the company or a long-time follower. I present my thoughts and leave it up to the community here to add to the discussion/ crowd source it.
    Mar 18, 2015. 11:06 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Orchid Island Capital: A Best-Of-Breed mREIT Contender? [View article]
    You cant judge the dividend by net income, that is a GAAP measure. You need to look at either core income or funds from operations. One or two mediocre quarters wont lead to a dividend cut, but if it is sustained, then it will occur. The share price tells a story; anytime it is trading at a premium, the Street has confidence.
    Mar 17, 2015. 10:29 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Medley Capital: I Don't Care About The Past [View article]
    Yes. Think/Opine/Conjecture...

If I knew things with certainty I wouldn't need to invest and do homework
    Mar 16, 2015. 01:42 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Capital: A Very Serious Check-Up [View article]
    Interesting ticker suggestion lol
    Mar 14, 2015. 12:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Capital: A Very Serious Check-Up [View article]
    I agree that CPR is underappreciated as a key metric which is why I try to make a point to highlight in these check-ups
    Mar 14, 2015. 12:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Capital: A Very Serious Check-Up [View article]
    20.5% ill amend. I try to be as careful as I can reading and proofing, occasionally they slip through, though this is an important one
    Mar 14, 2015. 12:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Capital: A Very Serious Check-Up [View article]
    Was a typo should have been 20.5% that I carried through Ill amend.
    Mar 14, 2015. 12:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Capital: A Very Serious Check-Up [View article]
    I have not formal comment yet although it does follow the abrupt departure of CIO:

My speculation is there is some sabre rattling happening from the board to up performance, as NLY has recently underperformed the sector
    Mar 13, 2015. 04:26 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment