Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Has Frontier Communications Earned A Place In Your Dividend Portfolio? [View article]
    Thank you for raising this issue. If this is incorrect I will remedy it, but when I was researching the article the split is shown on Yahoo Finance charts. If you click to show two years..or five years etc. It shows a split for the company.

Feb 20, 2015. 03:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • With Impressive Financial Performance Hecla Mining Is A Miner Worth Considering [View article]
    I like the management team here; bad luck
    Feb 20, 2015. 11:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Rethinking MeetMe [View article]
    So then are you also rescinding your prior statement that you "destroyed my [bullish] thesis"?

Feb 19, 2015. 12:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Exelixis: Expected METEOR Trial Success Changes Everything [View article]
    Nice piece here
    Feb 17, 2015. 10:55 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Answering The Question 'How Dangerous Is New York Mortgage Trust's 14% Yield?' [View article]
    Well, if you are looking for general REIT exposure I might recommend something like a Realty Income (O) or a Federal Realty Trust (FRT). The mREITS tend to be riskier due to their leverage and sensitivity to the macroeconomic environment. That said, if you are shopping in the mREIT neighborhood, known for the high yields, NYMT is your best bet in terms of stability
    Feb 13, 2015. 02:48 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think a special dividend is certainly possible. Have to see where the quarter lands though. I definitely see the risk in raising it...only to have to cut it if things go sour in the future. We shall see
    Feb 13, 2015. 02:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    There is no way to really DIRECTLY 100% correctly form a final answer. I gave an answer based on the current and projected information at hand. For now it is safe
    Feb 13, 2015. 09:56 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for your readership!
    Feb 13, 2015. 09:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    This is a good comment that readers should focus on. I don't think its the only thing to worry about but is key
    Feb 13, 2015. 09:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I own it in an IRA. The key is NOT to overexpose. I own several mREITs in an IRA, but they make up less than 10% of the account portfolio
    Feb 13, 2015. 09:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    RE: CMO

See these please
    Feb 13, 2015. 09:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Nothing happens until Q4 earnings come out. This is the key catalyst. A beat with excess dividend coverage all but assures a raise
    Feb 12, 2015. 03:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for keeping me honest. I laid out the case and it is inevitable if they continue to blow out the numbers. I still see it as very likely, barring Q4 catastrophe, which I do not foresee.
    Feb 12, 2015. 10:42 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I downgraded it to a hold. The management is less than stellar http://seekingalpha.co...
    Feb 12, 2015. 10:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I will AGAIN point to my opening. It wasn't a grabber but merely a response (prompted by reader inquiry) to actually answer the question.
    Feb 12, 2015. 10:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment