Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • What You Need To Know About American Capital Agency [View article]
    Not sure you READ the article. I CLEARLY state HOLD.
    Jul 28, 2015. 02:02 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • First Niagara's Turnaround Quarter: Are You Convinced? [View article]
    Stop taking my "win" comment out of context here. I said compared to the last quarter and then go on to say there are so many better choices out there and I lambast the efficiency ratio. So. These comments are somewhat unfair
    Jul 25, 2015. 10:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What I Think About V.F. Corporation [View article]
    COLM is one of the largest competitors. I don't think the company would make a bid at these levels. But I agree overall that this is a time to expect M&A
    Jul 24, 2015. 12:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CYS Investments: A Warning Sign For mREITs [View article]
    Well management hung shareholders out to dry with that preemptive cut there. Shares are pretty attractive from the long haul perspective.

Agree with the sentiment...every piece of news QE, no QE, rates up, rates down, seem to hammer these names. The sector is just unloved here
    Jul 23, 2015. 02:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CYS Investments: A Warning Sign For mREITs [View article]
    Yes the call today brought some color to these issues. For the record this article was submitted yesterday (7/22) around 5pm or so, which is why none of the CC is included here. In my Hatteras article, which will be published soon im sure, CPR spiked heavily to over 19%. It will be interesting to see this metric in the other names. I had been concerned about it since last fall; perhaps there is a lot of truth to the lag suggestion.
    Jul 23, 2015. 01:17 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CYS Investments: A Warning Sign For mREITs [View article]
    Robyn I appreciate your commentary. With respect to what has been happening with rates, I think some companies are better prepared than others. Historically CYS had been rather stable, so the moves in key metrics were rather striking. Same for Hatteras, which I just wrote about. After registering a massive turnaround, it too succumbed to the volality in rates, DESPITE a Q1 which was much more turbulent.

I am look forward to covering the rest of the names. The ones to watch most closely: WMC, NYMT, EARN, AMTG, and of course the bellwethers AGNC and NLY
    Jul 23, 2015. 01:03 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Union Bankshares: I Wish More People Knew About This Stable High Yielder [View article]
    Im a bit overextended right now. Im trying to stay 40% in cash, right now im only 28%. That said, I do like this one. It is so under the radar and so stable
    Jul 16, 2015. 12:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investigating Prospect Capital's Q2 Lending Activity [View article]
    Bruce I discussed the issue at length in my interview regarding buybacks.
    Jul 15, 2015. 09:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Investigating Prospect Capital's Q2 Lending Activity [View article]
    All fair questions, none of which I can address thoroughly. The add-on investment issue is nothing new. They have done this many times. It can be a number of things, but they only do add-ons with companies in top-tier standings from what I understand.
    Jul 14, 2015. 01:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investigating Prospect Capital's Q2 Lending Activity [View article]
    That is a question for management. However, I THINK it means that they sold it for what they paid for. When they paid for it it was an expense, now it is a revenue source. In the end, it was a wash. That's my opinion, but IR/management would have to weigh in.
    Jul 14, 2015. 01:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Orchid Island Capital Continues To Be A Premium mREIT [View article]
    I was surprised by the cut. While I had said prior that it was not out of the cards, it was the timing that got me. Any cut leads to selling, but I think this is a buy next week.
    Jul 12, 2015. 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Plug Power's Turn Around Is Clear [View article]
    Yes the numbers were cited directly from the company's release that I referenced in the article above
    Jul 8, 2015. 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Seeking Alpha Exclusive In-Depth Interview With Prospect Capital President Grier Eliasek [View article]
    This is actually a very asinine comment. Because while direct new DATA cannot be shared, this interview clearly addressed and solicited direct commentary on some of the most pressing issues of the company. I guess you knew why the company wasn't rebuying shares already. I guess you knew what the company felt about its leverage. Wow.
    Jul 5, 2015. 09:58 PM | 52 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MeetMe: Translating User Growth To Profits [View article]
    Looks like this comment was poorly timed, but you were right, stock was being crushed. Back to the $2.00 mark. Bulls in control
    Jun 25, 2015. 09:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Armour Residential REIT's Smoke, Mirrors And Bandage [View article]
    To the folks calling for fundamental analysis for the bearish view, I would point you the tomes I have written on this name and the sector as a whole. I have linked to some of these articles in this piece. Im sorry, there is just not much positive going on here
    Jun 19, 2015. 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment