Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • CYS Investments Sets The Bar Pretty Low [View article]
    Hey Albert thanks for stopping by, It certainly was on defense but I was surprised to see what was posted. I was less surprised by the BV because the valued of their MBS rose (with declining rates).
    Apr 23, 2015. 03:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Take On Bank Of America [View article]
    @Bossco,

The competitors in question are the ones I have written about recently (e.g. JPM, WFC etc).
    Apr 16, 2015. 09:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Future Looks Bright For The New Alamos Gold [View article]
    Please note that the article linked to AG mistakenly and has been rectified to AGI. Was only this way for a few moments, but apologies to anyone who came here looking for AG
    Apr 13, 2015. 01:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Confident In Royal Dutch Shell [View article]
    So...shareholders should not be happy the company is buying back shares after the acquisition? I disagree. While you are correct about the net the company is upping its production by 20% while buying back shares to keep the dilution away. You don't see that everyday from other companies
    Apr 9, 2015. 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Confident In Royal Dutch Shell [View article]
    Steven---see here: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Apr 9, 2015. 09:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Confident In Royal Dutch Shell [View article]
    That's why the company will buy back $25 billion in shares to offset the dilution. Yes at first will be dilutive. Accretion kicks in fiscal 2017
    Apr 8, 2015. 10:50 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Goldcorp Needs Cash To Fund Increased Production [View article]
    HensD I have laid this out in prior articles. Their debt payments are coming due and they are extraordinarily high. The company has been borrowing more with longer due dates to pay off earlier debts and fund dividends. With the company finally cutting expenses things are improving cash flow wise, but the debt issue is real.
    Apr 8, 2015. 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Medley Capital: I Don't Care About The Past [View article]
    I BELIEVE today's dividend was announced for holders of MDLY not MCC.
    Apr 1, 2015. 12:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Synta Pharmaceuticals: The Good News And The Bad News [View article]
    RXII is in a situation where a major preferred stock holder is converting shares and selling them. More than half of shares sold in recent months are from this one holder!
    Apr 1, 2015. 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How I Bought Royal Dutch Shell [View article]
    Keep in mind, though, that the foreign tax-credit is subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax and will reduce the credit you are able to take. If you are subject to it normally, best to buy B shares. As always ask your tax advisor, everyones situation is different. If you use a tax software, then you need to do serious due diligence
    Mar 31, 2015. 03:48 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Synta Pharmaceuticals: The Good News And The Bad News [View article]
    Youd be getting shares the cheapest ive seen them. And access to all of the key data points including licensure of gantespib if GALAXY-2 data is strong
    Mar 31, 2015. 03:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How I Bought Royal Dutch Shell [View article]
    Sorry to hear that. I only just got into the name, so I could not have known before. I would shift into the B-shares. It will cost you minimal input and you will make it back rather quickly with the dividend
    Mar 31, 2015. 02:39 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Chimera Investment's Decision To Reverse Split Affects You [View article]
    Such as?
    Mar 31, 2015. 01:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Windstream: Come For The Dividend, But Stay For The Significant Value [View article]
    Dig deeper into my article. Its 1 for 1 FOLLOWING the split. if you look at pre, then it is 1 to 5. But since its splitting it maintains that issuance (minus the 20% being kept aside)
    Mar 31, 2015. 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Synta Pharmaceuticals: The Good News And The Bad News [View article]
    Pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    Mar 31, 2015. 12:03 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment