Christopher F. Davis

View Christopher F. Davis' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Alamos Gold: Addressing The Transition [View article]
    I don't know rangold enough to opine effectively but I will look into it. Right now if you can get into AGI on another big down day I would for the long-term
    Aug 12, 2015. 02:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stop Panicking Over New York Mortgage Trust [View article]
    I added significantly at $6.45 today. I will admit it came down farther than I anticipated. I will add again at $6.00. Remember...im in this one for the long haul to build a position that I can have a nice stream of income from in retirement. Over the many years we can expect ups and downs, dividend hikes and cuts. But I am keeping 10% of my retirement in mREITs. NYMT is now my largest position in the sector
    Aug 12, 2015. 01:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Conn's - Strength Today Is An Opportunity To Sell And Possibly Short [View article]
    All I know is that the stock is down 16% since I said to sell.
    Aug 7, 2015. 01:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stop Panicking Over New York Mortgage Trust [View article]
    NYMT is not going in that direction. JMI (and ARR) had severe underlying issues that began to came to light in late 2014 and 2015. I have admitted that they were both terrible picks. Of course, the sector as a whole is out of favor.
    Aug 5, 2015. 02:49 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CVS: A Prescription For Growth [View article]
    Yes strange as the bottom end was pulled up...but they did lower the top end by a hair. I noted GAAP earnings were lowered dramatically, but really its the adjusted that we care about. The Y-o-y growth wasn't as strong as in Q1...market just looking for reasons to sell.
    Aug 4, 2015. 02:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Surprise That Is Armour Residential REIT [View article]
    ARR is trash compared to many names. That's just a fact. Im with you on the cyclical piece, but its really a weak name. Its undeniable.
    Aug 4, 2015. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What You Need To Know About American Capital Agency [View article]
    Not sure you READ the article. I CLEARLY state HOLD.
    Jul 28, 2015. 02:02 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • First Niagara's Turnaround Quarter: Are You Convinced? [View article]
    Stop taking my "win" comment out of context here. I said compared to the last quarter and then go on to say there are so many better choices out there and I lambast the efficiency ratio. So. These comments are somewhat unfair
    Jul 25, 2015. 10:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What I Think About V.F. Corporation [View article]
    COLM is one of the largest competitors. I don't think the company would make a bid at these levels. But I agree overall that this is a time to expect M&A
    Jul 24, 2015. 12:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CYS Investments: A Warning Sign For mREITs [View article]
    Well management hung shareholders out to dry with that preemptive cut there. Shares are pretty attractive from the long haul perspective.

Agree with the sentiment...every piece of news QE, no QE, rates up, rates down, seem to hammer these names. The sector is just unloved here
    Jul 23, 2015. 02:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CYS Investments: A Warning Sign For mREITs [View article]
    Yes the call today brought some color to these issues. For the record this article was submitted yesterday (7/22) around 5pm or so, which is why none of the CC is included here. In my Hatteras article, which will be published soon im sure, CPR spiked heavily to over 19%. It will be interesting to see this metric in the other names. I had been concerned about it since last fall; perhaps there is a lot of truth to the lag suggestion.
    Jul 23, 2015. 01:17 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CYS Investments: A Warning Sign For mREITs [View article]
    Robyn I appreciate your commentary. With respect to what has been happening with rates, I think some companies are better prepared than others. Historically CYS had been rather stable, so the moves in key metrics were rather striking. Same for Hatteras, which I just wrote about. After registering a massive turnaround, it too succumbed to the volality in rates, DESPITE a Q1 which was much more turbulent.

I am look forward to covering the rest of the names. The ones to watch most closely: WMC, NYMT, EARN, AMTG, and of course the bellwethers AGNC and NLY
    Jul 23, 2015. 01:03 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Union Bankshares: I Wish More People Knew About This Stable High Yielder [View article]
    Im a bit overextended right now. Im trying to stay 40% in cash, right now im only 28%. That said, I do like this one. It is so under the radar and so stable
    Jul 16, 2015. 12:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investigating Prospect Capital's Q2 Lending Activity [View article]
    Bruce I discussed the issue at length in my interview regarding buybacks.
    Jul 15, 2015. 09:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Investigating Prospect Capital's Q2 Lending Activity [View article]
    All fair questions, none of which I can address thoroughly. The add-on investment issue is nothing new. They have done this many times. It can be a number of things, but they only do add-ons with companies in top-tier standings from what I understand.
    Jul 14, 2015. 01:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment