Christopher Gonsalves

View Christopher Gonsalves' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Netflix: Street Applauds Disastrous Financial Results [View article]
    Great Article J Mintz. Just followed you on Twitter. I also got caught buying puts yesterday thinking the street would react rationally (especially is this tepid environment) to bad #'s and sell off below 450 (at least). Considering the 15% run up in 6 trading days leading up to ER day, the AH gain is borderline insanity.

You would think it would be a no brainer to short for the next week or so, but watch it blast past 550 and keep going...

Looking at the option charts, the calls were already over inflated yesterday going into ER and put prices were getting pretty depressed. Any sane investor (including the big boys) would book gains here. If I were them I would use some of that crazy profit to buy some May puts that are now incredibly depressed in price compared to only a couple weeks ago.

They already made 400-500% in the past 2 weeks so now transfer some of that capital into some puts and make another 200% easy. I didn't lose that much today, but it still doesn't feel good. Think I may double down with some May puts. Jan puts are a little too expensive for me. What strikes would you be looking at for May?
    Apr 16, 2015. 05:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Activision Blizzard: Priced For Perfection, With Headwinds Coming [View article]
    A lot of what you said is true. I'd love to see ATVI sub 21 before taking a big position again. Although, I think you're a bit pessimistic about their current lineup for the next 12 months.

Some quick points:
    Heroes of the Storm beta is off to a decent start and is jam packed with (expensive) microtransactions. I believe Overwatch could be a gigantic hit early next year similar to Destiny. WoW is the best shape its been in years so I don't expect a big drop is subs. Hearthstone is about to take over mobile gaming in a few months. This year's Call of Duty will finally see the return on the beloved Zombies game type which will certainly boost sales.

I'll go into a lot more details in my next article. Good article overall though, ATVI investors should be cautious at these levels especially with market feeling very toppy.

PS, Angry Birds is not a direct competitor lol
    Mar 19, 2015. 06:21 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Turtle Beach Corporation: Why You Should Add This Stock To Your Watch List [View article]
    Seems like a great buyout target for ATVI if things get any worse. I'm in at 2.40 as a speculative Q4 ER play. Much cheaper than Razer headsets.
    Feb 5, 2015. 02:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Activision Blizzard Is Absolutely A Buy [View article]
    Thanks for your comment DeathKnight. I have a combination of 2016 LEAPs and short term call spreads. The February and May spreads are surprisingly cheap ahead of this ER. Feb 21/24 spread going for 1.05 currently.
    Feb 3, 2015. 11:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Activision Blizzard Is Absolutely A Buy [View article]
    Jan 16, 2015. 07:16 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SolarCity Update: Short Interest Surges [View article]
    Their Price/Sales (20.5) and Price/Book (6.50) are the highest in their industry so there's definitely room for more downside, but one big announcement or ER and this thing can hit $60 quick.

Would also like to see a home product, similar to what Elon mentioned on a TSLA cc a few months back. Something like an wall-mounted unit that can charge anything.

Bought a couple 2016 LEAPS recently and will probably buy more right before their ER
    Jan 13, 2015. 03:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Activision Blizzard Is Absolutely A Buy [View article]
    Hey rotorite, thanks for reading. I definitely could have added more technical information, but that wasn't my intended goal of the article. IMO, it's a lot more valuable for this stock to give an educated investor's prospective who knows these products inside and out and can accurately predict/review the future success of new content/IPs than it is to go over technicals.

With that said, I've been watching the options market meticulously and we've had some significant accumulation in February calls the whole way down from 24 (Specifically in the 21 strike). For anyone who agrees with my assessment and has done their own due diligence might look to a February call spread as an affordable play leading into the Q4 earnings report. For example the 21/24 spread is going for .60 at the moment and provides some attractive reward potential.

Dec 18, 2014. 01:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Activision Blizzard Is Absolutely A Buy [View article]
    Ah, thanks for catching that. I'll take that out. AW is a lot more fast paced and jetpack focused so I can understand why some are turned off by that element.
    Dec 18, 2014. 12:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mixed Reviews For Activision This November [View article]
    This article is uninformed and leaves out a lot of relevant information. I've just submitted an article of my own on ATVI that addresses all of the overlooked issues
    Dec 16, 2014. 05:16 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking Ahead To Electronic Arts' Q3 Earnings [View article]
    If EA pops after this earnings I'm definitely buying puts for Q4. ATVI has a much stronger lineup (Destiny expansions, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, Warlords of Draenor expansion, and contuned holiday sales of Skylanders Trap Team) and EA doesn't even have their usual Battlefield iteration to compete with Call of Duty.

Like you pointed out, all of EA's good games came out this quarter (Madden, Fifa, and Sims) so there's a good chance they meet or beat expectations so I'm not sure it's smart to go short pre-earnings, but I sure would like to. I could be a sell the news beat since smart investors can see the lackluster Q4 coming and they could even lower Q4 estimates(not to mention the stock is up 3.4% today on no news).
    Oct 23, 2014. 06:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Activision: A Likely Winner Of The Holiday Season, Recent Dip A Buying Opportunity [View article]
    I've been playing Destiny for a few week now and I have to say the reviews are not accurate of the entire picture. Yes, the single player story mode isn't good and I stopped playing it before I finished it, but the point is this is overwhelmingly intended to be a multiplayer experience. The 6v6 matches and the Objective game modes are quite addicting and reminiscent of the Halo 2/3 days. Not quite on that game changing level, but decently close and definitely better than any other shooter released this year. Lets also not forget Destiny sell-through was over $325 million worldwide in the game’s first five days so luke warm reviews or not it's definitely going to help EPS.

I can see myself continuing to play Destiny until Advanced Warfare comes out so yes this holiday quarter will easily be won by ATVI. I sold the calls I had picked a couple days ago today, but I play to jump back in again before the end of the month. I was very sad about Titan too, but considering there was never any concrete info on it, i can't be too upset. For the near term it won't affect anything, but they better have another MMO in the works before the end of next year or I'd start to get worried then. They can keep WoW the top subbed MMO for another year or so, but it won't last forever.
    Oct 8, 2014. 07:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Activision Blizzard Relying Entirely On Destiny To Fix Things? [View article]
    Yeah, but it seems like the record breaking Destiny sales were a sell the news event. Reminds me of when Take Two had that amazing quarter with GTA5 sales and Carl Icahn dumped all his shares and they left the board.

ATVI has so much going for it, but from now until the next Call of Duty hype really starts i could see it testing 20 again.
    Sep 18, 2014. 01:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Now is definitely a good time to take some profits if you've been in most of the year, but with that said I think Destiny will break records for fasting selling new IP this week. They've spent a ton on development and marketing, but this is a completely new blockbuster with new rev to add to their already dominant list.

Bungie has one of the best followings in the industry because of the Halo Franchise. I've also seen Instagram and Twitter hastags going nuts the past few days with #Destiny related content.

In my opinion, Destiny, plus its own expansion packs, and a new WoW + Skylanders expansion will give ATVI a record 4th quarter revenue wise, but the run for the stock is getting pretty toppy in the near term.
    Sep 9, 2014. 04:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Activision - Going Back To The Future At Gamescom [View article]
    $ATVI is betting big on Destiny. I've seen all the ridiculous advertisements in the NYC Times Square subway...As an Xbox One user, I haven't played the Destiny beta, but I've always been a HUGE fan of Bungie and the Halo Series.

The marketing budget for this game is excessive, but I think the Destiny franchise will make $1 billion dollars in revenue in wayyy less than 1 year. Call Of Duty routinely makes $1 billion in the first few weeks so a glorified new IP like Destiny should make AT LEAST $1 billion in the first 6 months, especially as a cross platform blockbuster game released at the beginning of the holiday season on a new console generarion that's officially 1 year old now and starting to mature.

Disclaimer: I've pre-ordered Destiny for Xbox One and I play Hearthstone on my days off for about 2-3 hours a day
    Aug 17, 2014. 05:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment