Christopher Gonsalves

View Christopher Gonsalves' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Activision - Going Back To The Future At Gamescom [View article]
    $ATVI is betting big on Destiny. I've seen all the ridiculous advertisements in the NYC Times Square subway...As an Xbox One user, I haven't played the Destiny beta, but I've always been a HUGE fan of Bungie and the Halo Series.

The marketing budget for this game is excessive, but I think the Destiny franchise will make $1 billion dollars in revenue in wayyy less than 1 year. Call Of Duty routinely makes $1 billion in the first few weeks so a glorified new IP like Destiny should make AT LEAST $1 billion in the first 6 months, especially as a cross platform blockbuster game released at the beginning of the holiday season on a new console generarion that's officially 1 year old now and starting to mature.

Disclaimer: I've pre-ordered Destiny for Xbox One and I play Hearthstone on my days off for about 2-3 hours a day
    Aug 17 05:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The World Debt Bubble Is About To Burst [View article]
    Buy bitcoins
    Jun 1 10:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Worldwide Developer Conference: Here Are Good Things To Know [View article]
    Historically, Apple tends to trade down the day of major events. Primarily due to everything already being known beforehand. With the large run up this week I expect the same thing to happen unless something really unexpected is announced like the iWatch. Do anyone think it's likely they would announce it at WWDC or more likely reserve a seperate event for it?
    May 30 09:00 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Economics Of Bitcoin [View instapost]
    Other research papers on bitcoin:

May 29 08:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wet Seal: Substantial Upside, Stock Has Been Sold Off On Emotion [View article]
    looks like a good deal to me. They stepped up their social media game a lot via Instagram mostly
    May 27 02:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Another Blowout Quarter For Activision Blizzard [View article]
    Some possible Titan news?

May 10 05:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Interpreting Activision Blizzard's Earnings Call: Its Strong Potential [View article]
    Great article Alpha Hunter. What did they say exactly about being open to being acquired, I must have missed that question
    May 8 10:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Graphite One Resources, Massive U.S., Near-Surface, High-Grade Deposit [View article]
    Great article Peter. I've been a Graphite One shareholder since I saw this article:

According to that article, the project is scalable and could have much more than 300 mil metric tons. It has over 4 billion worth of graphite now and could exceed 1 billion metric tons once it's is fully dsicovered
    May 8 05:01 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Another Blowout Quarter For Activision Blizzard [View article]
    Hello Hunter,

Thanks for reading. I liked it better when the level 90 boost was going to be free. I haven't played WoW in 5 years, but I was actually considering trying the new expansion if the boost all the way to 90 was free.

In the end, it will probably be more revenue for them, but they are definitely losing out on some potential returning players.

COD in china (which is free to play) will make them a lot of money from microtransactions. It blends all the CoD games, using the favorite maps from all the earlier titles
    May 6 01:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Electronic Arts And Activision Earnings Preview: Digital Streams Should Lead To Margin Expansion [View article]
    I like ATVI a lot more than EA in the long term, but I wouldn't risk shorting EA this time around because Titanfall sold well.

Regardless, I expect ATVI to have an even bigger blowout quarter than EA because of unexpectedly high revenue from Hearthstone. Full year Guidance for ATVI will also likely overshadow EA's guidance. EA cannot stand up to a new call of duty and also Destiny's launch this fall.
    May 5 08:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Another Blowout Quarter For Activision Blizzard [View article]
    I could write a whole article on their business model with Hearthstone, but one big thing I forgot to mention was the "Curse of Naxxramas" expansion that was announced a couple weeks ago.

Estimated for early Q3 release, it will bring new campaign-style content as well as new cards, once a week, for 5 weeks. The first week will be free for all and the following weeks will cost either a significant amount of in-game gold or real money.

There's over 10 million accounts now, probably 15 mil now w/ iPad launch. Each one of those players likely tried Arena AT LEAST once ($1.99) or bought 1 pack ($2.99). Not even counting the upcoming expansion pack, this is a large amount of PURE PROFIT (doesn't cost anything to sell digital Arena tickets or digital cards) that the Street is not acknowledging.

For Q3, reported in Nov, Curse of Naxxramas could be the main revenue source for the entire quarter, which is usually quiet.
    Apr 30 10:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Another Blowout Quarter For Activision Blizzard [View article]
    First sentence should say Q1 earnings not Q2. Sorry for any errors, this was a quick write up. I plan to write a more in depth article post ER
    Apr 29 11:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The Case Against A Dividend Increase [View article]
    As a shareholder (200 shares), I will not be caught with my pants down again this ER.

I'm buying in the money puts to protect my shares. The question is how many? Do I want to break even if it drops 5% or do I want to just cushion the blow and not spend so much on puts?
    Apr 21 12:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • We Have March Numbers For Tesla And A Prediction For The First Quarter [View article]
    great point about the DOE funding, had not seen that
    Apr 3 09:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Needs To Capture 14% U.S. Market Share To Justify Valuation [View article]
    It's been speculated that Tesla could one day charge Ford, GM, etc to use their charging stations since they seem to have no intention of building out their own network.

They will be selling those batteries at a lower price than anyone else because of the Giga Factory so you can't really compare that to other auto parts suppliers. If they dedicate some space in the factory to building smaller batteries they could even sell to the likes of Apple and other smartphone makers.

Ford might be doing alright now with sales, but would you really buy/lease a Ford in 2017 when you can likely afford a similarly priced Model E? Given how advanced the Model S is TODAY, do you really think Ford will be able to catch up in technological advancement to make the 2017 Ford Fusion more appealing than a Model E?

Model S today had build-in 3G internet so you can browse Youtube and whatever else anywhere on your 17-inch touchscreen. That 3G will eventually be 4G and that screen will get even bigger. Musk has a goal of getting autopilot in their cars within 3 years (aka with the Model E). Ford and the rest stated a goal of similar capabilities by 2020. Tesla is already LIGHT YEARS ahead of the competition and based on their ambition and resources (gigafactory, synergy with SolarCity, Musk's ballooning fortune) they will continue to be for the foreseeable future.
    Apr 3 06:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment