This user currently has no profile.
Financial blogger, market contributor and long-term investor in the United Kingdom. Author and creator of ‘The Astute Investor’, a financial blog created to help investors preserve and accumulate wealth.
- Description: Full-time Investor. Trading frequency: Infrequent
- Interests: Commodities, Dividend stock ideas & income, Mutual funds
Currently, you have no company profile. Click edit to add a company profile.
The Astute Investor The purpose for creating this blog was to dispel the myth perpetuated by the finance industry that financial markets are hideously complicated. By writing this blog I hope to dispel this myth and provide retail investors with the understanding and confidence to make their own wise investment decisions. I ...More
fundamentally believe that investors should aim to invest over a 5-10 year investment horizon. This is because it is foolish to try and predict the short term vagaries of the stockmarket. This is highlighted by the father of value investing ‘Benjamin Graham’, in his famous book ‘Intelligent investor’ he states that the markets are like a voting machine in the short run tallying up firms which are the most fashionable. Where as in the long run it is a weighing machine analysing the fundamentals of a business. Time and time again private investors and fund managers have lost their shirts chasing short performance, this is why my aim is to generate consistent long term capital growth. At the essence of investing is investing in companies you understand. I avidly read as many investment books and business articles I can get my hands on, I recommend readers to the same. The best form investment is in yourself.
Currently, you have no book details. Click edit to add book details.
Latest comments on Christopher O'Leary's Articles
- tannu on Goldbugs Beware: 2 Flawed Reasons For Investing...
- Hollywood65 on Goldbugs Beware: 2 Flawed Reasons For Investing...
- Julius Ferraro on Goldbugs Beware: 2 Flawed Reasons For Investing...
- mark elliott on Goldbugs Beware: 2 Flawed Reasons For Investing...
- Aaron A Shepard on Goldbugs Beware: 2 Flawed Reasons For Investing...