Christopher Salerno

View Christopher Salerno's Comments BY TICKER:
AA, F, JCP, KO, MU, RF, TEF, VZ, WWAV, ZNGA
  • Telefonica's 'Digital Revolution': What Does It Mean For Shareholders? [View article]
    .40 euros per share cash dividend as well as a .35 euro/share scrip dividend equates to about $1.04 per share annually, which when divided by your 15.55 number results in a yield of 6.69%
    Mar 18 07:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is White Wave's Growth Potential Worth Buying? [View article]
    I agree with your comment on WFM and SFM, but other than HAIN it's tough to find competitors that are publicly traded especially given the youthful nature of the industry. Mondelez and Kraft could be used but then you'd be running into the same problem with differences in operating nature. I decided to go with WFM and SFM because at least they're both healthy food companies. You're right though, WFM and SFM aren't exactly direct competitors.
    Mar 10 12:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Regions Financial: Double-Digit Upside As Southern Recovery Continues [View article]
    Very well written article. What do you see as the biggest risk facing RF?
    Jan 5 03:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • White Wave Foods Is Worth A Deeper Look [View article]

I reiterate my bullish opinion on WWAV.
    Dec 9 10:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Will Ford's New Mustang Bring The Company? [View article]
    I agree, I don't see him staying at Ford past 2015 even if he doesn't take over at MSFT. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. Either way I think F will be fine when Mulally leaves. Not downplaying the importance of his leadership, but the company is in a strong enough position to thrive even without him.
    Dec 4 05:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga Is Improving Its Average Revenue Per User, But Has A Long Way To Go [View article]
    Zynga has been telling the same story for too long now. Their user base keeps declining and they have yet to come out with any new, successful games than the Farmville series. Too many people have blind faith in their cash pile.

I'm surprised shares have risen this high and I agree with you that a correction is certainly in order (going off your price target of $3.33). It'll be interesting to see the market reaction when/if Zynga releases a new game. I feel like it'll be quite an overreaction.
    Dec 3 06:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • White Wave Foods Is Worth A Deeper Look [View article]
    You make a good point here, a lot of CEOs will provide fluff in terms of M&A, but WWAV is in an emerging industry with more competitors certain to appear in the forms of smaller start-ups with a small but popular product line. These kind of companies provide an ideal scenario for M&A. Admittedly, this point was an omission of mine that should have been in the article. Thanks for your comment.
    Dec 3 08:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • White Wave Foods Is Worth A Deeper Look [View article]
    Thanks for your readership and comment, in terms of Engles I wouldn't describe myself as "smitten." I never spoke to his efficacy, but merely his experience. Even if you believe he had done a poor job in the past, he's worked in this industry for years and surely his knowledge will not be a detriment. In terms of the Forbes list, do you have a link for that? I'd be interested to read the report, I found two separate Forbes' lists along the line of worst CEOs (links below) from 2012 and neither mentioned him. He also hasn't been the CEO of Dean since 2001, just on the board of execs.

Dec 3 08:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola Still A Great Stock: Here's Why [View article]
    Good article but you need to address future outlook and projected growth rates. We all know what KO has done but that's not as important as what they will do.
    Dec 1 08:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola Stays Flat With Limited Upside [View article]
    I agree that the future for KO may not be very appealing to investors but I feel that you undersold their secondary products such as Powerade and Honest Tea brands that aren't sparkling beverages and have more of a nutritional focus
    Dec 1 08:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alcoa's Difference Maker [View article]
    Very good points. It's a shame Alcoa has all of these headwinds (albeit most are because of S/D or the price of aluminum) because I would love to see Kleinfeld in an environment that he can flourish in.

As you can probably tell I'm huge on management. As a shareholder of Ford and Micron for a little while now, I've experienced top of the line management as well as cellar-dwelling mgmt and I can't stress the impact enough.
    Nov 28 08:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Next Potential Growth Market For Verizon And How It Will Affect The Stock [View article]
    I agree that it won't have that large of an affect but a foot in the door is exactly that. Once they establish themselves, like you said, they will try to maneuver the Canadian government into altering or even abolishing that law. If they're successful several companies will look to expand north but Verizon will be much better positioned considering that they will have been established there already.
    Nov 15 04:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insiders Are Selling Micron [View article]
    "Micron has the second highest P/S ratio among these four companies". Of course they do if you use a revenue figure just over $9 Billion. Estimates for FY 2014 revenue vary pretty greatly but range $12.7B to $17.5B. Using the midpoint of that and a price of 18.75, you get a forward P/S of 1.30 which is still second out of those four but significantly more reasonable than the 2.12 level shown in the table, especially when their very low PEG and forward P/E are taken into consideration.

Also, based on current memory price trends (especially DRAM) I wouldn't be surprised to see MU post revenue anywhere from $16B-$19B in FY 2014.

The P/S number that you are presenting may technically be correct but is misleading at least. Looking at multiple valuation metrics shows that MU is currently undervalued as still has plenty of room to run.
    Nov 13 01:12 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon: The Leader For All Seasons? [View article]
    Great article, thanks for the insight. And as you mentioned towards the end, VZ's P/E is very high but as you mentioned should decrease in the future. Yahoo! Finance has Verizon's forward P/E at 16, which is obviously a huge decline from the arguably overvalued levels it is at now.
    Oct 29 02:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alcoa's Difference Maker [View article]
    They agreed to enter into a JV with a Russian company to produce aerospace products. Also, Jim Cramer gave AA some positive sentiment this week.
    Here's the link for the JV:
    Oct 27 09:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment