View as an RSS Feed
View Christopher Wallace's Articles BY TICKER:
Can Long Run Exploration Sustain Its 30% Dividend Yield?
- Intermediate Canadian oil and gas producer stock price has dropped 75%, creating a 30% dividend yield.
- Dividend payout only 23% of Q3 funds flow.
- Funds flow model shows ability to withstand a further 25% drop in commodity prices and still cover dividend.
- Valuation metrics show massive under-valuation as negative sentiment approaches an extreme.
GoPro: 5 Factors To Push It Lower
- Stock price infers valuation metrics that are impossibly high.
- Priced for perfection but has increasing competition.
- Is merely a camera company but treated like a media company.
- Showing classic bubble stock trading characteristics.
- Lock-up stock coming due will increase the float 5 times.
Tekmira Pharmaceuticals: What Does The 'Animal Rule' Mean For Their Ebola Drug Development?
- The animal rule was set up in 2001 in response to 9/11 and other terrorist attacks to allow the development of experimental drugs where using them in human trials would be unethical or unfeasible.
- Once this pathway has been approved by the FDA, data on other animals (often primates) who are believed to react in a similar fashion to how humans react to a drug, are provided with drug in various doses to determine more about efficacy of the drug, appropriate dosages, etc.
- Two apparently common mis-conceptions are that the Animal Rule will shorten and make less expensive the approval process.
What Tekmira Investors Are Missing
- Ebola outbreak has created unusual price swings and volume increases in TKMR since beginning of August.
- Investors jumping on recent headlines fail to appreciate outbreak is eight months old.
- Commercialization and approval of a drug still takes years; no reason for the rapid rise in the stock.
A Different Case For Valuing Kandi
- An SA article uses momentum-based price-to-sales valuation to predict 9-bagger.
- 66 months into a bull market, the valuation game is likely to change.
- A more traditional earnings-based model gives vastly different results.
Kandi Technologies: The Latest Bubble Stock?
- Many alternative energy stocks saw a terrific run end with declines of 8%-45% last week.
- A parabolic chart pattern, stretched valuations and rapid turnover of float were shared characteristics.
- KNDI is now demonstrating those same characteristics.
The Fuel Cell Fab Four: A Bubble About To Burst?
- Price appreciation for the group has exceeded 200% just this year.
- Volume and turnover of float have reached levels that cannot be sustained.
- Valuation metrics of P/S and P/BV have reached extremes.
- Mean Reversion Opportunity With Natural Gas Producers Indicates 70% Potential Upside
- North American Palladium's Operating Guidance: More Bad News
- North American Palladium: Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures
- Energy Fuels: Deep Value In Uranium
- How The Market Has Excessively Discounted IAMGOLD
- 2 Near-Term Catalysts To Push Uranium Prices Higher
- SAExploration: My Variant Point Of View
- North American Palladium's Liquidity Squeeze
- Arotech: Blowout Q3, Blow Up Q4?
- Volatility And The Last Debt Ceiling Crisis: A Lesson From History
- BlackBerry: Why No One Is Going To Top The Fairfax Bid
- Shareholder Inequality: Fairfax's Other Motivations In Its Bid For BlackBerry
- 3 Indicators That Signaled The 2007 Top: They're Back
- Syria Puts Defense Contractors In Spotlight: Arotech Shines
- The Impossible Situation For North American Palladium
- The Unique Opportunity In Stillwater Mining
- The Case For Platinum
- Politics And The Sequester: Near-Term Impacts For The Stock Market
- A Review Of The Correlation Between Natural Gas And Coal Stocks
- Natural Gas In 2013: It's Now A Trading Sardine
- The Problems With LinkedIn's Q3 Revenue And Earnings
- Shipping Stocks: Sink Or Swim?
- 4 Important Catalysts For The Coal Sector
- Why Natural Gas Has Not Lifted Coal Stocks
- Natural Gas Contango Has Returned: Implications For Investors