View Christopher Whalen's Articles BY TICKER:
Show Summaries | Hide Summaries
- Country Risk: The World According to Robert Rubin (Updated)
- Three Strikes on Ben Bernanke: AIG, Goldman Sachs and BoA / TARP
- JPMorgan Chase: How Much Capital Does a Bank Need?
- Can Citigroup Be Restructured Without an FDIC Resolution?
- AIG: Before Credit Default Swaps, There Was Reinsurance
- Living in the American Mafia State
- The Daily Double: Martin Mayer on CDS; Nouriel Roubini on the Banks
- Too Big to Bail: Lehman Brothers Is the Model for Fixing the Zombie Banks
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Credit Default Swaps
- Prime Solution in Action: WestAmerica Bank
- Is Bank of America Actually Behind Citigroup on the Problem Bank List?
- Big Banks vs. America
- Citigroup: Too Big to Sell - At Least All at Once
- Goldman Sachs as an Internet Bank? Pleeease!
- What Obama Needs to Know about Tim Geithner, the AIG Fiasco and Citigroup
- In the Fog of Volatility, the Notional Becomes Payable
- Bigger is Not Better in Banking
- Memo to Bernanke and Paulson: Confidence Is a Function of Capital, Not Liquidity
- What is to be Done? An Interview with Bert Ely
- FDIC Won't Run Out of Money, But WaMu May Be Toast
- Paulson Begins Gradual Wind-Down of GSEs Within Conservatorship
- A Few Banks We Like: NTRS, USB, WFSL, SCHW, BOH
- Why Downey Financial is Not IndyMac
- Is Countrywide Financial Headed for Bankruptcy?
- US Banks: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
It's the Models, Stupid: Interview with Josh Rosner
Jun. 23, 2008 • Comment!
- BofA + Countrywide: Can Ken Lewis Rescue the Kobayashi Maru?
- Talking About RAROC: Is "Financial Innovation" Good for Bank Profitability?
- The Sad Tale of Lewis Ranieri and Franklin Bancorp
- What Do Q1 Bank Loan Defaults Say About 2008 and Beyond?
- An Involuntary Transaction: Why BAC + CFC May Never Close
- Are Countrywide Financial Bond Holders Bankruptcy Remote?