Chuck Carnevale

View Chuck Carnevale's Comments BY TICKER:
    what do I know,

Not sure what you are asking. However, maybe this article will help:

Regards,

Nov 4 11:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Apple The 2000 Cisco/Microsoft Of Today? [View article]
    Paul,

Interesting article. Your point about CSCO's and MSFT's inflated valuations are the most important, IMHO. So the answer, as you stated is no.

Regards,

Jan 28 08:49 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Stephen,

The short answer is yes. Long AAPL.

Jan 26 08:07 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    what do I know,

I am sorry that you think I an a "ninny". However, I am an investor that invests in businesses. I do not play the market or "fool" around guessing what stock prices may do in the near term. Shorting is playing the market, I do not play with money. Other "ninny's" like Graham, Buffett, Lynch, Whitman, Fischer (Phil) and many others agree with me. Or should I say, I with them.

Thanks for sharing your view,

Nov 27 01:41 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    what do I know,

Thanks. I believe your are correct. Therefore, my adjusted comment:

Regarding shorting CRM, I don't use market price timing strategies. Not saying they are bad, but they don't suit me. I buy the business, and focus more on how it performs and less on market action. Consequently, I agree with your view of CRM, however, due to high valuation, I simply ignore it.

Regards,

Chuck Thanks.
    Nov 26 03:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Geoff Hacking,

Options on tech shares for exec's is a normal phenomenon.
    However, Dialectical Materialist's comment below is accurate as I understand it.

Here an excerpt from their most recent earnings transcript:

"In August, we entered into a rule 10b5-1 compliant accelerated share repurchase program, with the financial institution to purchase out the $2 billion of Apple stock during fiscal year ’13.

In addition to shares purchased through the accelerated share repurchase program, we may also purchase shares in open market transaction in compliance with our applicable securities laws."

Regards,

Nov 12 02:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sunil Shah,

Thanks. Regarding shorting AAPL, I don't use market price timing strategies. Not saying they are bad, but they don't suit me. I buy the business, and focus more on how it performs and less on market action.

Regards,

Nov 12 02:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    fmhaynes11,

Thanks for sharing that observation. An interesting thread has transpired, don't you agree?

Nov 12 02:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Nipson,

Good comment.

Nov 12 02:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    galaxy travels inc.,

New one for me, but I like it.

Regards,

Nov 12 02:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    ConservativeOutperformer ,

Your point applies to all and any tech stock. However, there are two sides to the story. Mr. Market has often applied extremely high valuations to tech because of the upside potential. Today, the valuations are low, as I pointed out in the article. However, uncertainty today is no worse, better or clear than it has ever been. Therefore, I believe today's valuations are more related to Mr. Markets bad (fear based) mood than economic reality.

Regarding AAPL forecasts, analysts have as you said been often wrong, but mostly under estimating not over. Perhaps company guidance has something to do with that. Moreover, based on your premise you should never own tech. Buffett agrees, but how much better could his numbers have been if he owned AAPL, assuming he bought at sound value as he is prone to do.

But the real point is that tech stocks like AAPL can generate strong returns based on strong growth, however, the risk is higher than a consumer staple company for example, and therefore must be monitored more closely, IMHO.

Regards,

Nov 12 02:26 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Shane,

Thanks for sharing your views.

Nov 10 06:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    taosjake,

Thanks for sharing that experience,very interesting.

Nov 10 06:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    grox01,

I doubt it. One reason I was reluctant to do an AAPL article.

Regards,

Nov 9 09:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Adam,

Since 2008 (12/31/2007) MSFT has grown earnings at 12.4% per annum. And consensus expects 10% growth going forward, and so do I.

Regards,