Chumpmenudo

View Chumpmenudo's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Hope Is Not A Strategy, Before Investing Have A Precise Calculation Of Return In Mind [View article]
    Hi Chuck, super article, thank you for writing it. I love the use of FG in the JNJ example. However, the example gives rise to lots of portfolio management questions....too many to bother you with here. Maybe just one....

Do you have portfolio rules that say things like "once the conservative projected ROR falls below 8%, sell and replace?" So, when JNJ projected eps growth falls off sufficiently, you replace it without hesitation?

thanks,

Chump
    (Satisfied FG Premium subscriber since 2012!)
    May 5, 2015. 04:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Disciplined Investor's Recap Of Realty Income's 2014 Annual Report [View article]
    Thanks for the O update Brad...now own O, OHI, and recently DLR (all because of you! thanks)

Two questions:

1. When/if they raise interest rates soon, how big a hammering will these names take?

2. Have you ever written an article comparing physical ownership of a real estate to a comparable REIT portfolio? I'd be interested in seeing this.

Best,

Chump
    Apr 13, 2015. 10:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dumping Apple Makes Sense For Immediate Income Growth [View article]
    Wow, that was a fun comment stream.

Thanks for writing RS,

Chump
    Apr 13, 2015. 09:55 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is GE A Top-Notch Income Stock? [View article]
    Fun stuff Rich, thanks as always for your insightful comments! I added GE to a couple of portfolios in the past year. Why? Seems a good value below $25. I have some personal experience with the inner workings of GE, and what I've learned is this:
    1. They attract great managers and leaders, and train them well. As evidence, just look at the number of former GE leaders who've gone on to become CEOs elsewhere. I found a study, though I can only read the summary: http://bit.ly/1BJ1aiO
    The study looked at 39 companies with former GE leaders at the helm, vs. 39 similar companies without. The GE companies outperform
    2. GE is an aggressive company, they push people hard, they weed out weak performers every year, and they strive to be #1 in every one of their businesses... the culture of performance at GE is relentless. I remember a big acquisition they executed...they looked at the revenue per employee of the target company, then promptly reduced the number of employees by around 35%. The leadership team of the target company came to the merger meetings in stretch limos, and showed up 15 minutes late...very few of these leaders survived the merger!

For these reasons, I like their odds of success in the future. They have too much talent not to be successful.

My $0.02

Chump
    Mar 31, 2015. 02:37 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mr. Valuation's Best Valued Ideas For Retirement And Dividend Growth Portfolios: Cisco [View article]
    Dear Chuck:

Thanks for all you do! I've been a FASTGraphs subscriber now since 2012, and the tool just keeps improving. I love the latest enhancements, please keep up the great work.

Chump

P.S., it's really a pain to read all the comments following your articles, it takes me an hour! ;-)
    Mar 31, 2015. 11:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Wasn't there a band called Moran Moran?
    Mar 31, 2015. 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ha! I thought the same thing. I think he meant Cramer....
    Mar 31, 2015. 11:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend-Stingy Wal-Mart Was Already On Probation, So What Now? [View article]
    Thanks for the article Mike. I too own WMT in the IRA....time to consider an alternative. Some good suggestions in the comments...on my radar are:

UTX, ANTM, FAST

If you want more tech, I second CSCO, and would strongly consider IBM. Chump owns both....
    Feb 20, 2015. 06:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart Increases Dividend 2%; I Wouldn't Have Increased It At All [View article]
    This was a useful article, thought provoking as others have said. Thanks Eli.

Chump
    Feb 20, 2015. 06:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Would Not Build A Retirement Portfolio On Procter & Gamble [View article]
    Now that's an analogy! Thanks for the re-post Rich. Near the end, I was a bit nervous you were going to say the poop was edible ;-)

Chump
    Feb 18, 2015. 12:21 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Rich, I like the "turn in the harness" analogy...I'm adding it to my others (symphony, football team & bench, etc...)

Chump
    Feb 17, 2015. 06:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Time Saving Shortcut For Stock Prices [View instapost]
    Darn. I Keep getting an error that says "Can't find project" when I insert the formula into a cell......

Any thoughts?
    Feb 10, 2015. 07:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Time Saving Shortcut For Stock Prices [View instapost]
    This is great Eddie, ML, thanks.

When I switched to a MAC some years ago, I realized MS Excel for Mac is inferior to the PC version. Automatic cell stock price updating was one of the casualties.....

I'll play with your suggestions tomorrow and see if I can get it back!

Chump
    Feb 10, 2015. 12:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Real Dividend Growth Machine: 2014 Review [View article]
    DGM:

Nice article, thanks for sharing...like others above, I'm super impressed by your savings rate...you could probably retire now given your fugal nature! ;-)

Chump
    Jan 13, 2015. 01:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Selling Guidelines For Self Directed Investors [View article]
    I'll do that, and I'll order some chowder ;-)
    Jan 9, 2015. 08:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment