Chumpmenudo

View Chumpmenudo's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Get Your Smart Beta Here! Dividend Growth Stocks As 'Strategic Beta' Investments [View article]
    Dave, great article! Thanks for researching and writing this. I was interested in the brief mention of Sharpe's ratio via Buffet. I've been studying this a bit recently, and am trying to learn more about its application to portfolio management, seems a more useful measure of excess returns due to picking vs. simply taking on more risk...perhaps a good subject for one of your future research projects?

Kind regards,

Chump
    Aug 22, 2015. 02:07 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Book Of The Day – Saturday, August 22, 2015 [View instapost]
    Reminds me of the Detroit Lions.....
    Aug 22, 2015. 01:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kill Short-Term Pressures [View instapost]
    Great read, thanks Chris.
    Jul 29, 2015. 06:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha Contributors And Commenters Pick The Best Dividend Growers For The Next 5 Years [View article]
    Hi Bob, an interesting topic, thanks for writing the article. I was wondering the same thing early last year, how best to predict dividend growth rates? I went through David Fish's CCC lists and plotted dividend increases vs. other metrics looking for correlation. The two interesting conclusions I found were:

1. Dividend increases did NOT correlate well with EPS growth forecasts, and
    2. The best predictor of the 1 and 3 year dividend growth rate is simply the most recent increase %, less a little.....

This link should take you to the analysis I conducted...(maybe)

Best,

Chump
    Jul 2, 2015. 01:37 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weighing The Week Ahead: Greek Ripples Or Economic Fireworks? [View article]
    We should ban spoons; damn things make me fat....
    Jun 29, 2015. 07:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Think About Risk [View article]
    Jeff:

Intriguing topic, I look forward to the series! Thank you for your always excellent contributions.

Best,

Chump
    Jun 7, 2015. 10:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Think About Risk [View article]
    Rich, forget the black swans, which are the growth stocks you mentioned earlier that can weather a market decline? ;-)

Chump
    Jun 7, 2015. 10:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend, Yield, And Price: Inseparably Linked [View article]
    David:

Nice article, thank you for writing it! I wonder how many investors out there use the yield as their primary buy/sell metric without realizing, as your examples show, it's a decent/simple indicator of under and over valuation? Monitoring dividend growth and yield forces the investor to get a bunch of other stuff right too, whether they know it or not ;-)

Take care,

Chump
    Jun 2, 2015. 12:26 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hope Is Not A Strategy, Before Investing Have A Precise Calculation Of Return In Mind [View article]
    Hi Chuck, super article, thank you for writing it. I love the use of FG in the JNJ example. However, the example gives rise to lots of portfolio management questions....too many to bother you with here. Maybe just one....

Do you have portfolio rules that say things like "once the conservative projected ROR falls below 8%, sell and replace?" So, when JNJ projected eps growth falls off sufficiently, you replace it without hesitation?

thanks,

Chump
    (Satisfied FG Premium subscriber since 2012!)
    May 5, 2015. 04:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Disciplined Investor's Recap Of Realty Income's 2014 Annual Report [View article]
    Thanks for the O update Brad...now own O, OHI, and recently DLR (all because of you! thanks)

Two questions:

1. When/if they raise interest rates soon, how big a hammering will these names take?

2. Have you ever written an article comparing physical ownership of a real estate to a comparable REIT portfolio? I'd be interested in seeing this.

Best,

Chump
    Apr 13, 2015. 10:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dumping Apple Makes Sense For Immediate Income Growth [View article]
    Wow, that was a fun comment stream.

Thanks for writing RS,

Chump
    Apr 13, 2015. 09:55 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is GE A Top-Notch Income Stock? [View article]
    Fun stuff Rich, thanks as always for your insightful comments! I added GE to a couple of portfolios in the past year. Why? Seems a good value below $25. I have some personal experience with the inner workings of GE, and what I've learned is this:
    1. They attract great managers and leaders, and train them well. As evidence, just look at the number of former GE leaders who've gone on to become CEOs elsewhere. I found a study, though I can only read the summary: http://bit.ly/1BJ1aiO
    The study looked at 39 companies with former GE leaders at the helm, vs. 39 similar companies without. The GE companies outperform
    2. GE is an aggressive company, they push people hard, they weed out weak performers every year, and they strive to be #1 in every one of their businesses... the culture of performance at GE is relentless. I remember a big acquisition they executed...they looked at the revenue per employee of the target company, then promptly reduced the number of employees by around 35%. The leadership team of the target company came to the merger meetings in stretch limos, and showed up 15 minutes late...very few of these leaders survived the merger!

For these reasons, I like their odds of success in the future. They have too much talent not to be successful.

My $0.02

Chump
    Mar 31, 2015. 02:37 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mr. Valuation's Best Valued Ideas For Retirement And Dividend Growth Portfolios: Cisco [View article]
    Dear Chuck:

Thanks for all you do! I've been a FASTGraphs subscriber now since 2012, and the tool just keeps improving. I love the latest enhancements, please keep up the great work.

Chump

P.S., it's really a pain to read all the comments following your articles, it takes me an hour! ;-)
    Mar 31, 2015. 11:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Wasn't there a band called Moran Moran?
    Mar 31, 2015. 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ha! I thought the same thing. I think he meant Cramer....
    Mar 31, 2015. 11:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment