Clay King

View Clay King's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Electric Utilities Might Belong On Your Sell List [View article]
    Well, perhaps. If you wish to own 30 year low interest bonds at this time, that is of course, your right. Me? No way......................
    Aug 21 09:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Electric Utilities Might Belong On Your Sell List [View article]
    I checked ycharts, bloomberg, and, Baseline and several others. All say my data is correct......To even assume that in 1981 with interest rates at the level at that time that SO only yielded 4% is a stretch.
    Aug 21 09:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Electric Utilities Might Belong On Your Sell List [View article]
    Their web site on dec. 31 1981 does say 12 bucks. However, it is also the actual trading price that day, not adjusted for splits etc. Every source i have says under 5 dollars a share
    Aug 20 03:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Electric Utilities Might Belong On Your Sell List [View article]
    Long term trends in interest exist. As to when this downward trend will end to an upward one with wind to its back is difficult to predict. I will not hit the top, but I have no intention to wait around for during what, I consider, to be in the area...........
    Aug 20 01:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Electric Utilities Might Belong On Your Sell List [View article]
    Well said................
    Aug 20 12:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Electric Utilities Might Belong On Your Sell List [View article]
    Apop..........good for you. When interest start back up, I do think it will be slow and gradual, however, it will like putting the crab in a pot of cold water with the heat on.....before you know it, and with only a slow warning, it will too late to get out....to me, that is the current problem with the current environment. Yea, a 3 yr maturity in the bond fund is not too, however, with a fund, it will alwlays be 3 years, so it will not take much to lose what little interest you are getting............
    Aug 20 09:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Electric Utilities Might Belong On Your Sell List [View article]
    Failed to answer your zero wieght question. I will go there myself, but not rec. except for those that are more agressive. But if one can find better growth elsewhere, why hold ute's?
    Aug 19 10:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Electric Utilities Might Belong On Your Sell List [View article]
    Will the 80's happen again, well, no time soon, but, I'm sure market volatility will, always has, always will. History does not repeat so much as it rhymes.Interst rates go through long periods and the next one will be upward is my guess, not the best environment for utility stocks.
    Aug 19 10:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Electric Utilities Might Belong On Your Sell List [View article]
    Yes, sector weightings do play for me. Much might depend on one's age and also their need for income. I've no problem with the ute's being an OW, but I just don't think that current valuations are cheap enough. For instance, nee and d both have fairly low yields where I would rather own a GE for instance with nearly the same yield, and I think much better prospects of both dividend and earnings growth. It has usually been my portfolio policy to stay in the 50-150% range in sector weights, both with sectors such as ute's, which are so low anyway, I have no qualms about going to zero. Your list seems find longer term for an average. I rely more on valuations to shift mine, but will admit, less shifting in done in my taxable accts than my IRA accts.
    Aug 19 10:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan deal risks unpleasant tax surprise for some investors [View news story]

About half and half in my case........
    Aug 15 10:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ditto..........bought mine in jan of '09 so almost a double just by itself, not to mention the reduced price, so a big tax bill to come.....thankfully, mine isnot a big position, but still a big tax bite that I was not expecting..
    Aug 13 10:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Examining Dividend Aristocrat Series: McDonald's - Buy, Sell, Or Hold? [View article]
    Thanks SR.
    Aug 7 05:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I own lmt, mcd, and cop. And also own intc and cvx, all of them from several years ago also. DE, nope, did at one time long ago, made good money, but never felt comfortable with the company. dividend increases, good for the last ten years, spotty before, a tad inconsistent.....heck, can't own 'em all, can we?

I personally don't care for the formula, as a PE is interpreted so differently for different stocks.......for growth, as Lynch used it, maybe ok, but who can argue with his record.......?
    Aug 7 09:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Yep, 85, thats my guess, hopefully low and they do more....but with recent news I don't see it higher...
    Aug 6 10:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I suppose if you only want to own one stock, then pick what you like, but I prefer a portfolio of all sectors, well, most of them. A buy for long term investors basically means someone who buys and holds and cares little about day to day swings, and yep, buying cheaper is always better, but maybe you get it, maybe you don't.
    Aug 6 10:13 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment