Clayton Reeves

View Clayton Reeves' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Who Else Is Concerned About Baidu? [View article]
    Appreciate the response. I think the quarterly number will have a major impact on the value of the stock, so I appreciate the risks insider stockholders are taking.
    Sep 24 11:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Subtle Innovation: Apple's Incremental Improvement Strategy [View article]
    Appreciate you reading. I'm not saying that they have reinvented the wheel, but they have made the wheel accessible to the wider public.
    Sep 24 10:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Subtle Innovation: Apple's Incremental Improvement Strategy [View article]
    Second to...? the Galaxy? Have you played with either phone?
    Sep 24 10:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Subtle Innovation: Apple's Incremental Improvement Strategy [View article]
    Appreciate you reading. It's hard put an idea forth without being flamed violently.
    Sep 24 10:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Who Else Is Concerned About Baidu? [View article]
    Viva - Qihoo does not have 1 to 2 percent, they have taken double digits from Baidu, if you believe the reports. That is a major deal. A couple percent would not be a game breaker, but if a new entrant manages to steal 10% of a market share overnight, then I will pay attention!
    Sep 24 10:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Who Else Is Concerned About Baidu? [View article]
    Thanks for reading, appreciate the response!
    Sep 24 10:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Subtle Innovation: Apple's Incremental Improvement Strategy [View article]
    The fact that you are saying the iOS (not iPhone 5, iOS was around way before the Galaxy series) copied the Samsung Galaxy S III is really funny. Sure, the GSIII might be better on some accounts (battery, release date), but the iPhone 5 is better on others (size, weight, stability). Also, users love both... so why can't they coexist? Remember the margin Apple makes on their phones is different than Samsung...

GS IV is TBD. The screen size sounds huge for something I'm going to put in my pocket.

If you think Apple copied Samsung... read the news. There are plenty of reasons to prefer Samsung over Apple, but that isn't one of them.

Thanks for reading!
    Sep 18 12:37 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Subtle Innovation: Apple's Incremental Improvement Strategy [View article]
    I will check it out - thanks for reading.
    Sep 18 12:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Subtle Innovation: Apple's Incremental Improvement Strategy [View article]
    It is difficult to be open source and still secure, so true. For now, Apple is the choice of people who don't want to worry about the security and don't care about open system. If Android want's to dominate the dev only environment, Apple will let them.

It's not their target market.

Thanks for reading!
    Sep 18 12:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Subtle Innovation: Apple's Incremental Improvement Strategy [View article]
    So, a bigger screen is the innovation? That's the next big thing? We've had bigger screens for years.

Have you used the new Samsung phone? Does the Samsung IV 5" screen fit in your pocket? Last time I checked, I had a tablet for a larger screen. The hybrid tab-phone-screen-tab, does not have a market. I have a 10inch screen for my entertainment, and a ~4 inch screen for my business/very mobile (not at home) needs. That might just be me, but I bet that the vast majority of people don't need that extra fifth inch.

If you think that Samsung's screen is all that it has to offer.. then I think you're making my point stronger...

Thanks for reading!
    Sep 18 12:14 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Subtle Innovation: Apple's Incremental Improvement Strategy [View article]
    Agreed - and in my time I was actually hesitant to adopt Apple products. What techies ignore is that not everyone in the world is a techie... Apple's ease of use is a major advantage. Although they may be "closed door" to many developers, most developers will jump through hoops to get into their marketplace (because of security and size).

Will this last forever? Maybe not. But you can't argue that it is easier to set up an iPad with your Apple network than it is to set up a Samsung Note with a non-Samsung printer. My mom can't handle the latter (watch your mouths, commenters), and I would venture to guess that many will take this ease of use over supposedly faster processing, screen refresh, video graphics, or any of the other myriad technical specifications that depict alternative products as superior to Apple.
    Sep 17 11:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Subtle Innovation: Apple's Incremental Improvement Strategy [View article]
    Sorry mate!! Thanks for reading anyways.
    Sep 17 11:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Subtle Innovation: Apple's Incremental Improvement Strategy [View article]
    I do think it will take something that makes you do a double take to shake competitors loose from their mortal coils... do I think there is a company out there that can do it? Yes. Would I take the field against Apple in the VERY long run... perhaps. But over the medium term (5-10 years) I just don't see a company prepared to bring forth an offering that can knock Apple off it's throne.

Thanks for reading.
    Sep 17 11:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Subtle Innovation: Apple's Incremental Improvement Strategy [View article]
    The only phones that don't get "horsewhipped" (well put) for not being revolutionary are... Apple phones!! I'm not an Apple fanboy by any means... but isn't that strange?

I've owned several copy cats... and they were good attempts, but they had nothing that the original lacked. The Motorola Razr was thin... but lacked battery life. My Android phones were great, but often came with bloat ware (from bickering between Google and hardware manufacturers) or suffered from short life due to 4G data that their batteries couldn't keep up with (this has changed recently).

You don't hear about these struggles as much as you hear about how far Apple has to fall. Thanks for reading.
    Sep 17 11:12 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AVI BioPharma - Can They Deliver The World's First Treatment For Muscular Dystrophy? [View article]
    What do you think of today's news?
    Jul 24 04:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment