Clayton Rulli

View Clayton Rulli's Comments BY TICKER:
AAPL, ABCS, ACAS, ADEP, AERO, AFL, AGNC, AIG, AKAM, AMJ, AMLP, AMT, AMZN, ANGI, ANR, APA, APL, ARCP, ARMH, ARR, AT, ATHL, AUY, BA, BABA, BAC, BAM, BBEP, BBRY, BCEI, BIDU, BIP, BLMN, BNCC, BNS, BP, BPL, BPT, BRCM, BRG, BRK.A, BTU, BX, C, CAT, CBI, CCI, CEB, CELG, CERN, CHD, CHK, CHKR, CLF, CLR, CMO, COH, COLE, COP, CORR, COSWF, CP, CRC, CRZO, CSCO, CTB, CTL, CVX, CYNK, CYS, DD, DECK, DEO, DOW, DPS, DVY, EBAY, EEP, ELY, EMC, ENH, EOG, EPB, EPD, EPL, EPSEF, ESV, ETE, ETP, EWW, EXC, EXXI, F, FANG, FB, FCX, FISH, FOSL, FRBK, FTR, FXI, GCVRZ, GDP, GE, GEL, GLD, GLUU, GM, GMCR, GME, GOOG, GOOGL, GPL, GPRO, GPT, GS, GSK, GSVC, GTATQ, HCLP, HD, HEMP, HES, HK, HLF, HPQ, HTZ, IBM, IGNMF, INTC, IPO, IRBT, IVV, IXYS, JCP, JOEZ, JPM, JRCCQ, KMI, KMP, KMR, KO, KOG, KORS, KRNY, KWK, LIME, LINE, LNCO, LNG, LNREF, LOGI, LUFK, LUK, MCP, MDLZ, MGPHF, MHR, MNKD, MNST, MO, MONT, MORL, MPW, MSFT, MT, MTDR, MU, MVO, MWE, NADL, NCQ, NCT, NDRO, NFLX, NFX, NG, NHEGY, NHUR, NJR, NLY, NOK, NRF, NSC, NVAX, NVDA, NYLD, OAS, OIH, OUTR, OXY, P, PAA, PCXCQ, PDLI, PEG, PER, PG, PGLC, PII, PKY, PM, PRXI, PSX, PTAXF, PVA, PXD, QCOM, QQQ, QRE, RDS.A, RDS.B, REM, RIG, ROSE, RRMS, RSH, S, SAN, SAND, SBSI, SBUX, SCCO, SD, SDR, SDRL, SDS, SGOL, SHLD, SIRI, SLB, SLCA, SLRC, SLV, SLW, SN, SNH, SNY, SPP, SPU, SPY, STON, STRP, STXS, SVVC, SWHC, SYY, T, TD, TLM, TPCA, TPLM, TPX, TQQQ, TRLA, TRN, TRP, TSLA, TST, TWTR, UNG, UNP, UPL, UVXY, VALE, VFC, VICL, VNR, VOD, VXX, VZ, WEN, WFT, WHX, WHZ, WLL, WM, WPX, WTSL, WY, XES, XIV, YHOO, Z, ZAGG, ZARFF, ZERO, ZNGA
  • Answering Questions About Lumber Liquidators [View article]
    Whitney, your interpretation of the OSHA standards are a little misguided. Since most installers are exposed to freshly unwrapped flooring, much of which is freshly cut and not to mention includes saw dust particles, for 8 hours a day, how are these standards mediocre as you insinuate in your answer? Do you think the flooring should be safe enough to be chewed on as a baby toy? If you knew OSHA like I do with other regulations, the flooring standards are probably overboard if anything.
    Apr 6, 2015. 08:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Answering Questions About Lumber Liquidators [View article]
    considering LL is installed in over 2 million homes, On a percentage basis are you sure they have "rampant" compaints?
    Apr 6, 2015. 08:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Answering Questions About Lumber Liquidators [View article]
    Many of you seem to think bribery is rampant in China... It can't be worse than New Jersey!
    Apr 6, 2015. 08:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crown Castle: Why The 2.34x Dividend Boost Was A Diversion [View article]
    These companies are very highly leveraged so they are a bit scary to own , but we all know data is a compelling growth theme perhaps offsetting that risk. It is a predicament for me
    Apr 6, 2015. 07:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Comments On Lumber Liquidators' First Quarter Business Update [View article]
    All this fuss over a little formaldehyde which is below Osha req. levels... meanwhile Kraft ships mac and cheese with shards of shrapnel in it and no one cares.
    Apr 3, 2015. 03:13 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha Exclusive Research Launched [View instapost]
    I got ya. I asked you not only just cause I own the stinker GCVRZ, but because my best trade for 2014 was YHOO with a collar hedging strategy that I opened in the spring.
    At the time calls were nearly 50% more expensive than puts, so I was able to effectively skew max risk vs. max reward by choosing differentiated strikes but for the same premium, basically a net zero cost collar.
    Someone questioned me not only how can this count since I initiated it later in the year, but also I used a seperate calculation which established gain vs max risk also. I like this method so I and others can understand their max risk/max reward, or after the fact, a net gain vs /max capital at risk.

These calculations can be a tricky animal indeed
    Apr 3, 2015. 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Comments On Lumber Liquidators' First Quarter Business Update [View article]
    Whitney says" For the sake of the health and safety of Lumber Liquidators' customers, I wish the company would stop selling what I believe is a dangerous product..."

In the same paragraph, he then says: "First of all, management's credibility is plunging every day they continue to make the preposterous claim that there's no problem at all. Perhaps the problem is minor, but there's definitely a problem."

---The product is "dangerous"? Clearly this is an unproven laughable opinion. As per Janney Capital, Osha standards for Formaldehyde are twice the level the "failed" floors tested for in the 60 minutes study, and this is for installers exposed to those levels 8 hours a day all week long, mind you, source: http://bit.ly/1DEKlvc Therefore by Osha standards, LL's floors are not dangerous to homeowners or to installers for that matter.
    ---Second, Whitney concludes his eye grabbing opinion of it being "dangerous", with "...the problem is minor." That sounds a little better Whitney, thank you for not exagerrating for the entire paragraph. Since the product is not dangerous to homeowners clearly under OSHA, I'd say the "problem" is not specific to LL, but perhaps for all products from China. The EPA announced there is no current law guiding companies like LL HD or LOW in regards to flooring standards, so really Whitney is making something out of nothing. http://bit.ly/1BVIzA . In my opinion, the only "problem" here is when short sellers exaggerate loopholes in laws or lack there of, and pose there opinion as fact by saying a product is "dangerous", when it cannot be supported by actual scientific information or law.

Repeated articles on SA exagerating the circumstances, using big scary words and terminology, along with a one sided, short sellers sales pitch should be taken with a grain of salt. The whole truth is not in Whitney's articles.
    Apr 3, 2015. 09:29 AM | 18 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha Exclusive Research Launched [View instapost]
    CD,

I enjoy your works!

I was wondering how your position in GCVRZ is worked into your calculations. I unfortunately followed your buy idea posted on Jan 5th 2013, but was curious as to what "start date" or "buy date" was utilized in your calculations. http://bit.ly/1DEvsZy

Thanks

Clayton
    Apr 3, 2015. 08:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Expands In Canada [View article]
    Uncle Pie:

"KMI went public (for the second time) in early February, 2011. The annualized gain on the shares from 2/15/11 through 4/1/15 was 14.07% according to the website buyupside.com."

and how much were the gains on KMP, KMR? hmm?
    Apr 2, 2015. 12:02 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators volatile off of EPA posting buzz [View news story]
    Dejavu.. to me it means LL can sell flooring with any level of formaldahyde and it's currently not illegal.
    Apr 1, 2015. 01:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators... And The Golden Fleece [View article]
    grautim.

I personally think you are correct, but what the author is saying is that we cannot be certain what you're assuming or thinking, is the actual truth. LL and Tilson for that matter are very careful about how they articulate their words and it is indeed dangerous to assume. However, we must agree that something is wrong here. If Tilson's test are right and this LL slide is right, something has to give.
    Mar 31, 2015. 04:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators... And The Golden Fleece [View article]
    Ener... to my knowledge the samples were vented in accordance with guidelines for 10 days by the lab before the flooring was actually tested in the chamber multiple times. I checked the lab records provided by 60 mins. However, I cannot confirm the testing chamber was cleaned/prepped etc in accordance with the guidelines... some parts of the test is in deed "scouts honor" as Perr said above
    Mar 31, 2015. 04:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators... And The Golden Fleece [View article]
    MV..

are you sure they only tested two, or did they only choose to highlight the 2 tests that failed?
    Mar 31, 2015. 12:06 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators... And The Golden Fleece [View article]
    Reel Ken has a point. The lesson here is the graph leaves too much open to interpretation, but perhaps only cause what has come to light possibly after this graph was made.

Bulls would say that no flooring that was rejected in this test was ever sold. In other words, was this test was done BEFORE the tested floorings were put on the shelves? I would think yes but again that is my interpretation and trusting LL as a company closed the barn door before the horse ran away. Its easy to assume
    Mar 31, 2015. 11:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators... And The Golden Fleece [View article]
    Reel Ken,

I did enjoy your article, it certainly gets the wood burning. This conversation reminds me of the commercials I see nightly for leasing cars... $99 a month for a brand new car lease, along with a size 4 font paragraph below it you cant possible read even if you sit close, which negates every audio communication made within the same commercial. Who doesnt love this !
    Mar 31, 2015. 10:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment