Clayton Rulli

View Clayton Rulli's Comments BY TICKER:
AAPL, ABCS, ACAS, ADEP, AERO, AFL, AGNC, AIG, AKAM, AMJ, AMLP, AMT, AMZN, ANGI, ANR, APA, APL, ARCP, ARMH, ARR, AT, ATHL, AUY, BA, BABA, BAC, BAM, BBEP, BBRY, BCEI, BIDU, BIP, BLMN, BNCC, BNS, BP, BPL, BPT, BRCM, BRG, BRK.A, BTU, BX, C, CAT, CBI, CCI, CEB, CELG, CERN, CHD, CHK, CHKR, CLF, CLR, CMO, COH, COLE, COP, CORR, COSWF, CP, CRC, CRZO, CSCO, CTB, CTL, CVX, CYNK, CYS, DD, DECK, DEO, DOW, DPS, DVY, EBAY, EEP, ELY, EMC, ENH, EOG, EPB, EPD, EPL, EPSEF, ESV, ETE, ETP, EWW, EXC, EXXI, F, FANG, FB, FCX, FISH, FOSL, FRBK, FTR, FXI, GCVRZ, GDP, GE, GEL, GLD, GLUU, GM, GMCR, GME, GOOG, GOOGL, GPL, GPRO, GPT, GS, GSK, GSVC, GTATQ, HCLP, HD, HEMP, HES, HK, HLF, HPQ, HTZ, IBM, IGNMF, INTC, IPO, IRBT, IVV, IXYS, JCP, JOEZ, JPM, JRCCQ, KMI, KMP, KMR, KO, KOG, KORS, KRNY, KWK, LIME, LINE, LNCO, LNG, LNREF, LOGI, LUFK, LUK, MCP, MDLZ, MGPHF, MHR, MNKD, MNST, MO, MONT, MORL, MPW, MSFT, MT, MTDR, MU, MVO, MWE, NADL, NCQ, NCT, NDRO, NFLX, NFX, NG, NHEGY, NHUR, NJR, NLY, NOK, NRF, NSC, NVAX, NVDA, NYLD, OAS, OIH, OUTR, OXY, P, PAA, PCXCQ, PDLI, PEG, PER, PG, PGLC, PII, PKY, PM, PRXI, PSX, PTAXF, PVA, PXD, QCOM, QQQ, QRE, RDS.A, RDS.B, REM, RIG, ROSE, RRMS, RSH, S, SAN, SAND, SBSI, SBUX, SCCO, SD, SDR, SDRL, SDS, SGOL, SHLD, SIRI, SLB, SLCA, SLRC, SLV, SLW, SN, SNH, SNY, SPP, SPU, SPY, STON, STRP, STXS, SVVC, SWHC, SYY, T, TD, TLM, TPCA, TPLM, TPX, TQQQ, TRLA, TRN, TRP, TSLA, TST, TWTR, UNG, UNP, UPL, UVXY, VALE, VFC, VICL, VNR, VOD, VXX, VZ, WEN, WFT, WHX, WHZ, WLL, WM, WPX, WTSL, WY, XES, XIV, YHOO, Z, ZAGG, ZARFF, ZERO, ZNGA
  • Herbalife reports tomorrow [View news story]
    The logic behind pulling $100 out of a hat is her name is "HLF friend"
    May 5, 2015. 08:11 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife reports tomorrow [View news story]
    interesting logic I hope you are right, since I am short
    May 4, 2015. 05:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: We May See 3 New iPhones In September [View article]
    i want the phone that shoots up a hologram. let me know
    May 4, 2015. 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators: Sales Recovery Remains Slow, But Some Value Seen At Its Current Price [View article]
    Good point RK. LL is still selling the cheap flooring right?
    May 4, 2015. 07:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quote Of The Day – Friday, May 01, 2015 [View instapost]
    Makes sense. However, to treat people differently based on who they are, requires one to judge. Judging is not only difficult, but also dangerous in many instances. However, I admit I do this at times. For example, I am probably more likely to hold a door open for a little longer for a female or a child, than a male. hmmm
    May 1, 2015. 02:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators - The Short Of It [View article]
    Love of money...

What you say is unproven at this point. From what I've heard, more people were probably harmed driving to and from LL stores than from exposure of the product itself. Judging from your comment, either you are short, work for W. Tilson, or believe in Bigfoot.
    May 1, 2015. 09:29 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators - The Short Of It [View article]
    John, thank you for the even tempered write up.

Determining factors influencing LL's success in the future is probably solely reliant on government intervention and decision. Some might call LL a coin flip because of this uncertainty, therefore more downside is just as possible as upside... Nonetheless, I sold to open Jan 18/15 credit put spreads for .90, for ~40% profit if shares stay over 18/share. You might say I am delicately bullish.

Follow me for live stocktalk trade notifications! http://seekingalpha.co...
    May 1, 2015. 07:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Twitter Becomes Interesting After Stock Collapse [View article]
    SFC.... are you playing TWTR at all? The revenue growth was pretty good, too bad the stock seems overpriced
    Apr 30, 2015. 01:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cantor Fitzgerald buys into Lumber Liquidators value proposition [View news story]
    If "fact" = "your opinion" , then I will let you have the last word. Also Mr Moderator was referring to Reel Ken since 75% of the comments are his :-)
    Apr 30, 2015. 12:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    QNB I am very sorry I did not mean to hurt your delicate feelings, I only meant to get my point across
    Apr 30, 2015. 11:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Apr 30, 2015. 11:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Reel Ken.

My comment was to explain to QNB that posting how many complaints LL has in a # format without more data and/or analytical work is pointless, and frankly is a poor attempt to bash a company since it has no relative meaning. I tried to explain this to him but he did not understand, So, I attempted to provide him with an example of my point by presenting a very very very very rough estimate and formula, which you accurately pointed out is not meaningful either, as we all know I simply just made up a number for the purpose of explaining to him my point since he did not understand.
    I thank you for pointing out the obvious, but again I thought I made clear the percentage I used an the example/explaination was an extremely rough guess and not accurate enough to draw any conclusions with.
    Apr 30, 2015. 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Okay so that means 632 / a guess of 100,000 total customers = .632% of customers filed complaints. Again, this number is very small when taking a step back and looking at the big picture. This could mean a vast number of customers are happy with LL, opposite of your initial
    insinuation.
    ""not horrid? I guess accusations of allegedly mis-labeling a product, illegal resourcing, high levels of formaldehyde, not to mention the several class action suits filed and a severely declining stock is not horrid? If you believe that, well then I have a bridge you may be interested in buying!"

I thought we were talking about customer complaints and giving that meaning versus the happy customers, which I just helped you with. I guess you didn't comprehend what I wrote. Formaldahyde and stock price etc etc is a conversation for another day.
    Apr 30, 2015. 09:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    QNB,

If you already did the work needed to write an accurate and meaningful comment, why don't you share the numbers? Maybe I can try to help you...
    If LL had I don't know I'm guessing... 1 hundred thousand customers ( im guessing), and had about 400 complaints as you say, that isn't too bad at all, if we figure using guestimates.. 400/100,000 = .4%! Then as I mentioned before and as you said you accept and understand, many customers don't understand the product and many problems are derived from installer error, well this picture you attempted to paint isn't looking so horrid now.
    Apr 29, 2015. 02:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    If you've ever been in retail before you will know that you are going to get complaints no matter how well you run your business. Some people just enjoy it. That was my point about the mentally ill. If you've ever read any complaints about a product on amazon, home depot, or lowes, you will find many are made because the person is stupid and doesn't understand the product.

Next, I suggested you research what percentage of total customers are not happy with LL and issued complaints, then compare it to similar businesses. In case you did not know, Home improvements, particularly those that actually install the products experience a very high customer complaint percentage. Simply stating LL had X number of complaints in a given time frame is meaningless unless you put some type of percentage on it. To illustrate your apples and oranges analogy, without this % I stated above, it would be like saying how many pounds of oranges you grew without considering the number of trees or acres you used to grow them.
    Apr 29, 2015. 11:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment