Clayton Rulli

View Clayton Rulli's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Eaton Vance up almost 10% as SEC approves new type of ETF [View news story]
    Why would any investors buy these? I dont get it
    Nov 7, 2014. 10:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Magnum Hunter Resources EPS in-line, misses on revenue [View news story]
    Eureka pipeline is a beast
    Nov 7, 2014. 09:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EOG Reported Solid Production Metrics, But The Market Is Neglecting A 2015 Gamble [View article]
    they did disclose it obviously, but I feel it should be made clearer. Wouldn't it be better for investors if EOG gave hedging as a percentage of guided production?

They didn't and it took me some time to calculate this, which honestly the average investor probably doesn't have the time or patience for.

And how bout including or not including the "unexercised options" as part of this metric? Also, why did they average 2015's into 28,350 when really 1 H has twice the hedging as 2 H does?

I feel as though these companies can be a little more forthcoming when sharing this data with their shareholders. Obviously they have the calculations on their end for their own use and understanding, so why not share it with their shareholders and co owners?
    Nov 6, 2014. 02:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Oilberta:

I don't know what oil will be in 2015 and neither does anyone else. If oil jumps back up I can tell you I won't be embarrassed by what I've taken the time to share with unknowing shareholders and investors. They deserve to know the truth about EOG's hedging. Do you disagree?

What ifs are uncertainties and could be considered risks/gambles. EOG is underhedged in 2015 relative to peers, and that's a fact. They didn't hedge out very far, and investors should be made aware of this risk.
    Nov 5, 2014. 07:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    sah1k. I agree its too late now. The horse already ran out the stable, so why worry about locking the doors now?

Even so, I felt obligated to write this article, as the press release conveniently hid the truth. Why not be more upfront with investors and disclose what % of production is hedged? Why isn't this discussed? It's true most companies hide the negatives and highlight the positives, but really the hedging is so bad for EOG it's embarrassing. 14% hedged for 2H 2015? If oil prices don't recover EOG is in trouble, and more so than MANY other producers I follow. Even much smaller E&P's are better hedged for 2015, like SN and MTDR for example.
    Nov 5, 2014. 06:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EOG Resources +4.7% AH on Q3 beat, guidance hike [View news story]
    They are still underhedged in my opinion

Nov 5, 2014. 10:04 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • After Recent Spike, Straight Path Could Fall 50% [View article]
    whats the borrow cost on this one?
    Nov 4, 2014. 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Curious Case Of BreitBurn Energy Resource Partners' Failed Senior Notes Offering [View article]
    I agree. They have some nerve offering to buy QRE with BBEP units, then right after the exchange rate is announced they do a big equity offering. QRE should do the same to make it even!
    Nov 4, 2014. 09:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rose Rock Midstream: A Buy High, Sell Higher MLP With 54% Crude EBITDA [View article]
    good call jjkool.
    Nov 4, 2014. 07:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: The FBI Is Looking Into American Realty Capital Properties [View article]
    I knew I should bought puts on friday. stupid me
    Nov 3, 2014. 08:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    Dan are you scared to share your opinion in an open forum? He said he will even pay you. :-O :-O
    Nov 1, 2014. 08:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Glu Mobile Poised To Climb 50% By Year-End [View article]
    "ALL professionals know that the value of a company is the present value of its future cash flows (DCF)" You mean like Amazon? hehe. sorry couldnt help it. Sorry guys, you stuck your hand in the free blender again. Don't blame mark the button got stuck
    Nov 1, 2014. 08:17 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesoro pushes higher after blowout Q3 results [View news story]
    bunch a crooks paying little for oil then charging alot for gas
    Oct 31, 2014. 03:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Eagle Rock Energy Net Income of $266.3M [View news story]
    what commodity pricing are you using for that?
    Oct 31, 2014. 07:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment