This user currently has no profile.
I'm currently self employed in real-estate. Age 48. Previous Submarine naval nuclear power plant propulsion operator, Pressurized light water, S5W S3G core 3, and engineer/Electrician NEC 3354. Knowledgeable on energy, alternative energy and energy transportation investments themed towards value. Currently living in Texas. My very first Stock purchase, when my Sub was undergoing refit overhaul at PSNS in Bremerton, WA was Microsoft, (MSFT) back in April '86, about 3 weeks after the IPO. Being familiar with computers(Westinghouse Reactor controls used computer input/output for safety scram and cutback signals) due to the required cross rate training(Reactor Operator, Shutdown Reactor operator) I recognized the potential ...More that an Icon based operating system running under DOS could do for the (then) awkward human/machine interface. The original offering was only for 3M shares, at $21, but it opened at $25 and the entire float traded that day. About 2 months later, looking for diversification (egads!), I bought shares in a Mutual Fund called Fidelity Magellan. Any of you who have been investing for a while, know the history. Unfortunately, I only held both for a little over a year. I should have just forgot about them in my brokerage account because just for my original $2500 investment in MSFT, would be over $850K now.
- Description: Full-time Investor. Trading frequency: Weekly
- Interests: Dividend stock ideas & income, REITs, Stocks - long, Stocks - short, Tech stocks
Currently, you have no company profile. Click edit to add a company profile.
Currently, you have no blog details. Click edit to add blog details.
Currently, you have no book details. Click edit to add book details.
Latest Comments more »
- "Yes, it has been clea... on Duoyuan Printing: A Cheap China Play
- DYP has NOT been proven to ... on Duoyuan Printing: A Cheap China Play
- Although I am somewhat disa... on Duoyuan Printing: A Cheap China Play
- I stand behind my original ... on Duoyuan Printing: A Cheap China Play
- Klern is exactly correct. I... on Duoyuan Printing: A Cheap China Play
Latest comments on Cliff Courson's Articles