View as an RSS Feed
View Cliff Wachtel's Articles BY TICKER:
EUR/USD Weekly Outlook: And Now, The Storm After The Calm
- Technical Outlook: Near term (daily chart) bearish, longer term (weekly chart) neutral. See conclusions for likely range and bullish/bearish breakout points this week.
- Fundamental Outlook: Neutral Near Term, Bearish Longer Term – see conclusions for why.
- Retail Trader Positioning: Recent shift to more long positions has bearish implications.
- Conclusions: More volatility, but in which direction? The fundamentals to watch for the near and long term, along with likely support and resistance levels.
Lessons For The Coming Week: Top Threats And Supports For U.S., Global Markets
- Technical Outlook: Mixed.
- Fundamental Drivers: Overview of what’s need to sustain global bull market.
- US: Earnings metrics, Fed policy.
- State Of Likely Crisis Flashpoints: EU, Japan, China.
EU Banking Pact Update: The EU's Latest Nail In Its Own Coffin
- The first SRM deal was a failure, too slow, too underfunded.
- The EU Parliament sought to remedy these faults.
- The final compromise deal struck with representatives of member states is better.
- However, it’s still an existential threat to the EU, here’s why.
- Conclusions and ideas on how to profit.
EUR/USD Weekly Outlook: The Calm Before The Storm?
- Technical Outlook: Near term neutral, longer term bullish.
- Fundamental Outlook: Neutral near term, bearish longer term.
- Trader Positioning: Reminiscent Of the last big EUR/USD pullback per two surveys.
- Conclusions: some potentially potent drivers, however.
USD/JPY Weekly Outlook: Russia To USD/JPY Bulls, BoJ... 'Crimea River'
- Technical Outlook: Short Term Bearish, Medium Term Neutral/Bullish.
- Fundamental Outlook Short Term: Bearish.
- Medium Term: Bullish.
EUR/USD Weekly Outlook: Resilient, Technically Bullish, However...
- Technical Outlook, Bullish.
- Fundamental Outlook, Bearish: Russia, China Stoke Fear, Fed Stays The Course.
- Top Calendar Events.
- Weekly Outlook, Neutral-Bullish.
Lessons For The Coming Week: Implications Of U.S Jobs Report, Ukraine, And More
- Technical Picture: Russia Invades, Markets Rise Anyway.
- Fundamental Picture: Key Lessons From Around The World.
- Lessons From The US: Jobs Report Implications And More.
- Lessons From Europe: Deflation Signs, Crimea Implications For Investors.
- Lesson From China: Not All Default Has Systemic Risk.
Ukraine Crisis Escalation - Winners, Losers And How To Profit
- Crisis Background & Chronology.
- General Economic Effects.
- Specific Winners And Losers.
- Outcomes, Ramifications.
Weekly Global Indexes Wrap: Daily Recap, Market Movers, Crimean Punishment?
- A daily summary of global stock index price action.
- What caused it in Asia, Europe and the US.
- Overall good data, momentum, & yield seeking overcome Crimea uncertainties.
EUR/USD Weekly Outlook: Clarifying The Mixed Technical And Fundamental Picture
- Short term technical picture, fundamental drivers, and entry/exit points.
- What Could Reverse The EURUSD Up Trend.
- Calendar Events: Crimea Succession Vote Dominates.
- Lessons For The Coming Week: Stimulus, Life And Debt Issues From Around The World
- Global Markets Weekly Quick Wrap: Daily Recap, Market Drivers, And The One Big Question
- EUR/USD Weekly Outlook: Short Term Up, Longer Term Down, And Why
- The Coming Week: Top Market Movers, Lessons, Ramifications, And Biggest Threat
- Biggest Market Threat Of All? Does QE Trap Mean Taper Is Tightening?
- Global Markets Review 2 Minute Drill: Daily Recap, Market Movers
- EUR/USD Weekly Outlook February 24th: Trend Vs. Resistance, Which Wins And Why
- Lessons For The Coming Week Part 2: More Life And Debt Issues, EU Fracture Signs
- Lessons For The Coming Market Week: Matters Of Life And Debt, Top Market Movers
- Global Markets Weekly Quick Wrap: Daily Recap, Market Movers... What's Driving The Rebound
- EUR/USD Weekly Outlook February 17th: Key Drivers For Coming Week And Longer Term
- Coming Week Lessons Part 2: 8 Lessons And Top Market Movers
- Coming Week Lessons From The U.S. - Top Questions, Market Movers To Watch
- Global Markets Weekly 2 Minute Drill: Daily Recap And Market Movers - Calming Despite Data
- EUR/USD Weekly Outlook: Likely Direction, Must-Watch Drivers, Price Points
- Coming Week Lessons Part 2: The Common Driver Of EU, Japan, China, EM Developments
- Coming Week Lessons Part 1: State Of The Global Rally, U.S. Developments
- Global Markets Weekly 2 Minute Drill: Daily Recap And Top Market Movers
- EUR/USD Weekly Outlook: Why More Downtrend Likely And What Drivers Will Decide
- Lessons For The Coming Week: Top Global Market Drivers
- Was The Sell-Off The Start Of Something Bigger? Here's The Evidence
- Top Global Market Movers 2 Minute Drill: What Moved Markets Each Day