Clint Edgington

View Clint Edgington's Comments BY TICKER:
  • O Canada! [View instapost]
    As a datapoint, just like many OTC stocks, there is more volume here than meets the eye. I've personally moved more volume through on GLNIF than Yahoo or other places have registered the volume. I wish I could remember why-my BD's have explained to me more than once, but, unfortunately, my memory fails me.
    long: GLNIF
    Apr 13, 2015. 09:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oconee Federal Financial (OFED) Taking One Step At A Time [View instapost]
    Hi Don, thanks for starting this. I, too, have been sharpening my pencil on mutuals.

May I ask your thoughts on the importance of equity "per public share"? I typically just think of equity per share and don't take out the MHC shares. Are you trying to figure out some sort of pr-forma for the 2nd step equity creation?
    Apr 12, 2015. 03:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Genco Shipping Buys Baltic Trading - Merger Arbitrage Opportunity [View instapost]
    thanks
    Apr 11, 2015. 02:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Where do you short companies trading on the OTC?
    Apr 10, 2015. 01:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Half Baked [View instapost]
    Just a datapoint Chris: I feel that you are likely having a bit of an internal debate over where to place certain information now that SA has become stratified.

I like the "half baked" idea- you can get an idea out quickly without revisions, and with a caveat emptor approach. However, for me, and maybe others (and maybe not), the title of an article tells me whether I want to spend the time to read it. Also, having different investment ideas under the "Half Baked" is likely going to get confusing (for me) with the string of comments. Unfortunately, I likely confuse easier than your average reader- so this is just my opinion. Perhaps a series of articles entitled "Half Baked- Lorillard", "Half Baked- Informatica", "Half Baked- etc. etc.".

I really like that this paid version has no one giving you unsolicited advice and debating things that don't matter. Sorry- in advance- for violating that :).
    Apr 10, 2015. 12:08 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sifting The World Today – Friday, April 10, 2015 [View instapost]
    I want all of Chris's ideas to myself. I hate paying for things more than most people.

That said, I must admit, if you're on the fence whether it's worth it or not, and you have a portfolio over half a million, just do it. You will be happy.
    Apr 10, 2015. 12:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Half Baked [View instapost]
    Although it is crazy that the stock is up on the day of a negative report. sign of the times?
    Apr 9, 2015. 03:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Arbitrage Forum (Though Any Arb Can Be Discussed) [View instapost]
    I was in for pre-deal. Nothing really to sink teeth into yet re: details.
    Apr 7, 2015. 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Half Baked [View instapost]
    boom- 1st 3 months of subscription paid for. would've been more but I didn't take much risk!
    Apr 7, 2015. 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NexPoint Credit Strategies Fund Spin-Off [View instapost]
    Is anybody getting a different number than $8.60ish for NHF post-spin??
    Apr 6, 2015. 04:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NexPoint Credit Strategies Fund Spin-Off [View instapost]
    Thanks for that. Not to chug kool aid- but if my memory serves me 2% of NXRT's units are in Houston. Dallas is where their concentration lies, and it's a much more diversified economy.
    Apr 6, 2015. 04:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NexPoint Credit Strategies Fund Spin-Off [View instapost]
    I see an NAV on the site you referenced that gets me to $8.60 (not that it's a big deal vs. the $8.56 number you reference).

Chris- how is your assets of $960 M less liabilities of $455m diverging from NHF's estimate of those?

Previously, I used the 12/30/14 Annual report that got me to almost $9/share NAV post spin.
    Apr 6, 2015. 09:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pairs Forum [View instapost]
    I wasn't really critiquing; it's just the first thing I look at since I don't use sophisticated prime brokers. Rather than do a bunch of research to realize I can't implement- I now look at implementation first for unique thoughts like this...
    Apr 3, 2015. 10:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pairs Forum [View instapost]
    where are you getting a borrow on EDS?
    Apr 3, 2015. 09:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Free Gold [View instapost]
    How do you get to $.50? Is that assuming metal prices go up?
    Apr 2, 2015. 08:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment