Clint Edgington

View Clint Edgington's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sifting The World [View instapost]
    Chris- this makes complete sense to me. I have liked many of your ideas only to have them run up before I have a chance to conduct decent DD. I am not a computer or algo, so it takes me 1-2 days- minimum- to look at enough source docs to get comfortable. A smaller group, with perhaps a population more inclined to do DD may reduce this problem.

Not to mention the fact that you owe your time to no one.
    Mar 25, 2015. 07:56 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NexPoint Residential – A Multifamily REIT On Sale And Coming Soon [View instapost]
    I'd love to hear what folks' brokers are telling them the ex-date is. I'm hearing conflicted things from my two.
    Mar 24, 2015. 01:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    ok thanks. so I'm not crazy (re: this, anyways)
    Mar 19, 2015. 01:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Chris- thanks for the idea. I hate to make others do my homework, but may I bother you to ask what multiple of AFFO you used? I'm getting a higher number than $4 and need a sanity check. To get to $4 in value per NHF it'd be $12 in value per NXRT. At $25M AFFO on 21M shares, it'd be $1.19 in AFFO/share. To get $12 in value on $1.19 in AFFO, I'm getting a multiple of 10 would be required. I assume you'd be conservative, but wanted to get your thoughts on a 10X (or a sanity check).

Would be interested in others idea of correct multiple or if I'm overlooking something. I'm using a 15X.
    Mar 19, 2015. 01:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Arbitrage Forum (Though Any Arb Can Be Discussed) [View instapost]
    Agree with 3/1 date. From 11/20 PR: "(ii) if the closing of the merger occurs on or after March 1, 2015, $0.55 per month beginning March 2015 to and including the month in which the closing occurs."
    Mar 18, 2015. 08:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Let's Talk Turkey [View instapost]
    thx
    Mar 6, 2015. 09:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Let's Talk Turkey [View instapost]
    Chris- is your bullish view on this product due mostly to the discount, reversion to the mean for the currency, lower oil prices, or some other macro issue?
    Mar 6, 2015. 09:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Arbitrage Forum (Though Any Arb Can Be Discussed) [View instapost]
    Just looking into this one as well. It does seem a bit odd, but looks like they had to do some fancy footwork by selling half off to Rogers. Did the spread come in after that was sidestepped? Doesn't seem to have.
    Mar 3, 2015. 04:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Smoking Hot Opportunity In Imperial Tobacco Group [View instapost]
    Interesting thoughts and, as always, well written.
    Feb 24, 2015. 07:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CVRs – The Good, The Bad And The Ugly [View instapost]
    Great article:

In my mind, the most difficult part of this CVR, and potentially why there may have been opportunity was the sizing issue. While the SWY deal looked safe, the probability of it breaking was not 0%, (well, at least not 0.00%). In order to get enough of the CVR to matter for a portfolio you had to have gobs of SWY.

fd: long casa ley
    Feb 10, 2015. 04:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amira Nature Foods: Abandon Ship [View article]
    Kudos to author on the having the flexibility of changing his mind! Whether long or short, this is what I have the most difficult time with as an analyst, not getting anchored into a position.
    fd: have bearish position on behalf of clients
    Feb 10, 2015. 08:44 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Examination Of The Halliburton, Baker Hughes Merger: Part 1 [View article]
    agreed. price is propped due to deal
    Feb 10, 2015. 07:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GoPro beats by $0.29, beats on revenue [View news story]
    halted
    Feb 5, 2015. 04:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Arbitrage Forum (Though Any Arb Can Be Discussed) [View instapost]
    CFIOF: Out at $8.48USD ($10.55 CAD). Leaving about 4% spread on table after currency conversion.

Good idea Keubiko. I need a few more of these to make up for lackluster performance recently!
    Feb 5, 2015. 10:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • TRW Automotive - Appeal On Dips Ahead Of The Much Anticipated Deal [View article]
    Do you believe the recall news from this weekend affects the deal moving forward?
    Feb 2, 2015. 10:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment