Clint Edgington

View Clint Edgington's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Scouring China Wreckage For Bargains [View instapost]
    Hi Chris- the link "offer" doesn't work for me. could you show the full hyperlink perhaps? It's likely something on my end, my partners call me the Bermuda Triangle when I get around computers.
    Jul 8, 2015. 04:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Arbitrage Forum (PART 2) [View instapost]
    how do you mean HaroldRamis?
    Jul 1, 2015. 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Arbitrage Forum (PART 2) [View instapost]
    GPT/CSG looks interesting to me. CSG basically buying GPT with stock. Not a huge spread- seems to be fluctuating between 3%-5%-hasn't settled down yet. Closing Q4 2015-. I have kept unhedged as I think the mkt has punished them unfairly and the market may like the scale/synergies.
    Jul 1, 2015. 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Arbitrage Forum (PART 2) [View instapost]
    am I doing the math right; something like a $.03 gain on $25.03 for .1% return? Not picking at it, just making sure I'm not missing something. does seem low risk.
    Jun 4, 2015. 09:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Accretive Capital Partners Believes HC2 Holdings' Offer For MCG Capital May Be Superior Than PennantPark's [View article]
    Anyone have a take on MCGC's argument on HC2's inability to take over MCGC due to Falcone's SEC issues?
    Jun 2, 2015. 08:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Avago confirms Broadcom purchase [View news story]
    HI User 63931- I haven't done enough research on this piece. I did catch the proration factor, but for some reason it didn't sink in to my thick skull that everyone would request equity (shame on me! not inverting!). Thank you for that.
    May 28, 2015. 12:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Awilco Drilling Is Still The World's Most Undervalued Company [View article]
    Jan Lessner: Would be interested in your back of the envelope on how you get to a liquidation value at current prices?

James Hanshaw: 5/22 QVT sold 34% of their holdings (1M shares) at 50 NOK/$6.36 ish. QVT is headed by Daniel Gold, who is on Awilco's BOD.

Not to connect the dots too much, but the mkt is likely questioning how optimistic he is about new contract on Wilhunter.

fd: long
    May 28, 2015. 12:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avago confirms Broadcom purchase [View news story]
    my reading is that you either get the cash consideration OR the stock consideration. The cash consideration would currently be underwater.

May 28, 2015. 09:45 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Arbitrage Forum (PART 2) [View instapost]
    Thanks Chris, I look forward to reading that. Trying to learn the blocking and tackling of this game!
    May 27, 2015. 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merger Arbitrage Forum (PART 2) [View instapost]
    would love more experienced merger arb's thoughts on timing of Charter and TWC deal, and how you 'construct' an estimated timeline for that deal. would it follow the basic structure of TWC Comcast?
    May 27, 2015. 07:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 8% Yield With Interest Rate Protection From PennantPark Floating Rate Capital [View article]
    any guesses on when we'll hear from MCGC mgmt re: HC2 offer?
    May 14, 2015. 04:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Matthew Davis- respectfully, just stop reading his articles if you are not a compatible investor.
    May 1, 2015. 10:16 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MCG Capital +14.5% on tender offer; more on Q3 results [View news story]
    agreed
    May 1, 2015. 08:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yellow Pages: Capital Structure Offers Attractive Opportunities [View article]
    Jason- thanks for sharing - good update
    fd: long
    May 1, 2015. 08:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • MCG Capital +14.5% on tender offer; more on Q3 results [View news story]
    Toby, what do you attribute the healthy spread to? complicated proceed structure? shareholder vote?
    Apr 30, 2015. 09:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment