Clinton Holmes

View Clinton Holmes' Comments BY TICKER:
  • February's Quick Picks For The Benjamin Graham Defensive Investor [View article]
    Thanks for the follow research Charlie!

-Clinton
    Feb 6 09:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Serenity,

Technically you are right. They only have 19 years on consecutive dividends.

You might be interested to see how RS did today though, up 8%:
    Feb 6 07:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Wells Fargo: A Wonderful Company At A Fair Price [View article]
    Sammy,

You might be interested in my review of Wells Fargo's fundamentals and my conservative estimate of investor return over the next decade if they were to purchase at today's price range:

Keep up the good work,
    -Clinton
    Feb 5 08:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Defensive Benjamin Graham-Type Dividend Stocks [View article]
    I agree with Serenity. 4 out of these 5 technically don't meet Graham's criteria for the Defensive Investor.

The only one that made it on my February List of Defensive Investor Stocks was $SSL:

Best Regards,
    -Clinton
    Feb 5 08:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Excellent points Vorgriff.

China is another country I get weary of. The Graham analysis becomes meaningless because of the liberties companies are allowed to take when drafting their financial statements.

Thanks again for the thought provoking insights!
    -Clinton
    Feb 5 05:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Excellent watchout for SSL vorgriff. Let me know if you think of a way to quantify political risk, because that is something I've struggle with quite a bit with in the past as well.

Best,
    -Clinton
    Feb 4 07:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wells Fargo - Fundamentally Strong And Offers 4.5%-8.8% Average Annual Return [View article]
    That is a pretty good analogy BlueOkie. That make its way into a future follow up article.
    Feb 4 07:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Glad you liked it Bizfinder!
    Feb 4 07:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's: An Alternative To Yum? [View article]
    Continued pressure for YUM: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Feb 4 07:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Build-A-Bear: Trading At 60% Of Book Value But Still A Short [View article]
    No problem - just trying to make it easier for a follow contributor :)
    Jan 31 08:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Rknecht,

That is a good point. My estimate only looked at an annualized return based on the capital gain. In the future I will include dividends in my analysis. By my quick back of the napkin calculation, you would get close to $14/share of dividends over the next 10 years or roughly another 3%.

Thanks for the comment!
    -Clinton
    Jan 31 07:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    jclyak -

Glad you enjoyed the analysis and your spot on. I like to keep my articles more on the conservative side because I don't want my readers to buy on speculation. That said, I do think their is a case for WFC seeing it's P/E and NIM climb back 2006 levels of 12-15 and 4.83%.

Thanks for the input, always helps to hear another investor's perspective,
    -Clinton
    Jan 30 07:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market recap: The Dow continued its climb toward 14,000, sparked by Pfizer's earnings beat and offsetting weak consumer confidence data. The Nasdaq lagged, as VMware, BMC and Seagate issued disappointing guidance. The energy sector set the pace following strong earnings from refiner Valero; crude oil topped $97.50 on Mideast unrest and supply concerns. [View news story]
    Think we will see a flash crash or a new resistance level?
    Jan 29 10:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More on Amazon's (AMZN) Q4: The company swung back from its Q3 loss as North America sales rose 23% Y/Y to $12.175B and International sales gained 21% to reach $9.093B. Growth in the company's Electronics segment outpaced Media segment sales. Free cash flow decreased 81% to $395M for the trailing twelve month period compared to a year ago with real estate outlays factoring in. For Q1, the company sees $15.0B-$16.6B in revenue and expects profit to fall in a range of -$285M to $65M. A conference call is scheduled for 5:00 EST. AMZN changes direction, now  +3.2% AH. (PR[View news story]
    Clearly the people investing in Amazon at this point know something I don't....
    Jan 29 09:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Build-A-Bear: Trading At 60% Of Book Value But Still A Short [View article]
    Interesting article Josh - very well written. You might be interested in using Guru Focus to get financial data in the future - most of it is free to access and you get up to the last 10 years with ease.

Best Regards,