Codespeed

View Codespeed's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apache Poised To Fly Higher [View article]
    @wapiti, Thanks for the comment. To some extent, this has been a complaint for many companies in the space, not just Apache. Take Chesapeake for instance. That is for activist investors to worry about, in my opinion, but remember that it does not always help.

Looking at the prospects and valuation, my take is that this should be more than a $100 stock in the long term.
    Mar 27 12:25 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Comprehensive Analysis Of NPS Pharmaceuticals [View article]
    I think today's news bodes well for NPSP. In the next year or so, this stock should easily trade above 15$ if there are no bad news around Gattex.
    Mar 19 01:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pacific Drilling: A High Potential, Young Offshore Drilling Company [View article]
    I actually hold PACD and plan to hold for more than a few years from now. It has got one of the youngest fleet in the ultra deepwater drilling market, a major differentiating factor.
    Feb 7 04:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Worry About United Rentals [View article]
    @whitehead1, Good trade and good luck! I took notice that it now expects rental rates increase at a lower pace (4-4.5%) in 2013 compared to 2012 (6-7%). I took profits on my $14 trade, continue to hold my $38 position. I think this continues to go higher in the long run.

My target for S&P500 is 1550 for 2013 and I expect a rough summer considering that we are only 50 points away and that too already in January. I will trade the remaining positions depending on where the market is, but I do believe that till 2015 at least, URI is still in a sweet spot in the business cycle. It is good enough to go to $60 in the long run.
    Jan 29 01:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Softbank's Bid For Sprint Makes Sense [View article]
    Update in Jan 2013: I am back in the Sprint wagon after taking profits for 2011-2012. For year 2013 now, have bought Sprint on the second day at $5.7, my new position for next year.
    Jan 4 02:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Revisiting Sprint Yet Again And My Next Stop [View article]
    Update: I am back in the Sprint wagon for year 2013 now, on the second day at $5.7, my new position for 2013.
    Jan 4 02:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tsakos Energy: The $4 Stock With A 6% Dividend [View article]
    Maybe it is China iron ore/energy demand story, but many water transportation stocks are significantly up today (Jan 4 2013):

Jan 4 02:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Worry About United Rentals [View article]
    Folks,
    URI makes new 52-week highs. I continue holding my $38 position but took profits on $14.87 lot (2012 end before fiscal cliff, and left money on the table - oh well).

Happy New Year!
    Jan 4 02:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tsakos Energy: The $4 Stock With A 6% Dividend [View article]
    Folks,
    On Jan 3 2012, price crossed 50-day moving average indicating intermediate term bullishness. I continue to hold this stock.

Happy New Year!
    Jan 4 11:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Telecom Stocks That Can Sprint And Leap [View article]
    Folks, I have sold my positions on Sprint, taking profits for the year.

I am still bullish on this stock in the long term and hope to get into the trade given a nice opportunity.
    Dec 27 05:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Revisiting Sprint Yet Again And My Next Stop [View article]
    Folks, I have closed my positions on Sprint taking profits for the year.

Dec 27 05:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sprint's Pullback Is A Buying Opportunity [View article]
    At this point I have closed my positions on Sprint taking profits for the year.

Dec 27 05:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Thing About Sprint [View article]
    Folks, at this point I have closed my positions on Sprint taking profits for the year.

Dec 27 05:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Comprehensive Analysis Of NPS Pharmaceuticals [View article]
    @Mr Dean, It is impossible to put myself in your shoes - what you and your family goes through is known only to you. But I agree with your comments. In fact, it is because of this hope that there have been instances when rare disease parents have actually fought for FDA approvals for their kids' disorders.

God bless your family and I pray that your child finds a therapeutic option for the rare condition. I have wondered if the government needs to do more to incentivize or even regulate so that huge pharmaceuticals end up doing more research on rare disorders.

P.S. Lets keep political views about the role of government or government debt out of this sensitive issue or make this a debate in the comments section. That's why I have used the word "wondered".
    Dec 27 04:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Comprehensive Analysis Of NPS Pharmaceuticals [View article]
    @Biomaster Most crucial drugs have side effects and a lengthy warning labels. I think that patients who are going through the horrible symptoms of SBS may eventually believe in the doctor's recommendation. There are many other drugs that have similar warnings.

That said, it really depends on how NPS handles its communication plans and the verbiage in the patient warnings. Keep a watch the company's Jan 2 announcements, the next earning call and whatever the FDA says about Gattex and Natpara.
    Dec 26 10:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment