Colin Lewis

• Investing Is Work That Should Pay Dividends [View article]
    Thank you Stephen and PendragonY - appreciate your comments
    May 4 05:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid These 2 Investment Howlers [View article]
    Er oops, well spotted Stanley thank you
    Apr 16 08:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Ignore the Masses [View article]
    I think Kevin makes a lot of sense, but I will certainly be holding my positions long term and not reacting to any downward spiral in the short-term. As you said: "think for yourself, get the facts." Do the due diligence on the stocks and stay the course instead of reacting with the market, if you believe you are right.
    Apr 15 10:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Ignore the Masses [View article]
    Brilliant book Joe, happy to hear you were able to apply its wisdom.
    Apr 15 08:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Ignore the Masses [View article]
    Spot on advice Lou, Sir Isaac Newton, one of the most famed scientists of generations, lost heavily when his investment in the South-Sea Company went bust in the early 18th century. “I can calculate the motions of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people,” Newton said of his experience with this bubble.

The truth is we think much less than we think we think, we follow the herd and sometimes we get led off the 'fiscal cliff,' into a spiral of debt and losses.
    Apr 15 08:20 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Need To Reprogram [View article]
    Great point Roger: "people with enough interest in investing can train themselves to not give in to emotion. I think it would be harder to turn the emotions off as opposed to training not to succumb to them."
    Apr 4 06:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid These 2 Investment Howlers [View article]
    Thanks for the advice datadave, I think it important to consider the irrational emotional reaction Greenspan was referring to above. I agree he is considered toxic by many and I found Greenspan's biography very informative on his beliefs and failure to act, even in the face of compelling evidence, which I cover in my next post.
    Apr 4 05:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid These 2 Investment Howlers [View article]
    Buy high, sell low... a classic howler Oldgator, thanks for the reminder. Glad to hear you have some faith in holding the line, many that held the line from 2007/2008 are doing quite well now.
    Apr 3 03:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment