Collegiate Stock Solutions

View Collegiate Stock Solutions' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is Spirit Airlines Worthy Of Investor Love? [View article]
    Leases provide a varying degree of flexibility for airlines in the sense that a lease can be maintained from year to year to year wheras buying a plane means that I must remain in control of a plane for the planes entire usable life (unless I can sell it). Leasing is effective in a dynamic and growing environment where needs can change in a very short amount of time.

So my question is, is it bad to lease a plane for a short term so that you can move into a different aircraft later because your company is growing?
    Jul 11 05:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jetblue: The Airline That Still Can [View article]
    markcc,
    You are absolutely right. There is a huge loyalty factor with JBLU. My original intent was to build upon past articles. However I think I could be worthwhile to explore the factors behind retaining customers in a future piece.
    May 6 07:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Role Of Next Generation Navigation In JetBlue's Newest Route [View article]
    From the FAA Fact Sheet Found here:http://tinyurl.com/7ff...

"To achieve its NextGen goals, the FAA is implementing new Performance-Based Navigation (PBN) routes and procedures that leverage emerging technologies and aircraft navigation capabilities."

"The two main components of PBN framework are Area Navigation (RNAV) and Required Navigation Performance (RNP)."

Understand that as someone with a limited aviation background, utilizing and interpreting public sources, to identify intrinsic (or lack of) value within a stock, the analysis is not as inaccurate as you make it out to be. While in fact Nextgen is a broad plan running until 2025, PBN is considered a goal in the implantation of the Nextgen plan. RNP is considered a component of the PBN system.
    Apr 18 10:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    They may be getting the funding. However the system is not in place and as the telegram article states environmental permitting may prolong the process. At current the installation could take years. So while the funding might positively impact the long term, I still stand by the statement that at present the airport lacks the navigational upgrades.

The telegram cites that the upgrade in St. Johns has taken well over three years and at the time of writing was still in the process of being installed. 3 years of planning and install is a long time to wait for any performance related upgrade that is available elsewhere.

This article http://tinyurl.com/blq... touches on the agencies that need to approve the upgrade and the possible environmental concerns regarding marshlands and the cities water supply.
    Apr 18 10:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ryanair: Consider This Airline For Your Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Robinson,
    Any comments on the new Boeing order for 175 planes where 75 older planes are going to be retired. That order seems quite more substantial than the 30 interim additions.
    Apr 16 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Regional Banks That May Satisfy Dividend Hunters [View article]
    I don't think that a hit in earnings will be as significant as many are making it out to be. Mortgage loan obligations are at an all time high for the bank. As the housing market continues to recover I remain inclined to believe that new mortgage obligations will help to mitigate any potential earnings decreases substantially.

However I also do believe that following last Novembers elections, the regulatory pressure put on lenders will be greater than most are used to. If interest rates remain stagnant and politicians such as Senator Warren from MA continue to work on financial reform legislation, financial firms may feel the burn.
    Apr 14 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New JetBlue Worcester To Florida Service: A Burden To Investors? [View article]
    I do think I may have underestimated the travel inconvenience of getting to Logan. I've only ever taken the train/subway, always been working, and in no major hurry.
    Apr 4 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I do agree about the the regional popularity or the airline, hence the great success out of Boston. I also agree that four segments is not a huge ding on overall performance. My main intention was to prompt discussion as to whether or not Jetblue's growing network was going to remain viable by using Worcester as an example. The proven track record of the Worcester airport coupled with Jetblue recently terminating routes from JFK to Pittsburgh, and the dominance of Spirit within the Florida market, makes me wonder how many other less viable routes exist. Sale fares and low rates can only entice customers to avoid inconvenience for so long.
    Apr 4 11:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Orient Paper: A Safe Play For Investors Once Again [View article]
    You make a valid point. In comparison to American firms the company seems well poised. However it does appear that in comparison to Chinese firms, that there could be better alternatives.
    Apr 3 01:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment