Connor Haley

View Connor Haley's Comments BY TICKER:

• The DryShips OceanFreight Buyout Has a Few Wrinkles [View article]
    Great article-- I hope it is investigated as well. Simply ridiculous. I think DRYS is a strong buy at this price, but if George E. would stop messing around with related party transactions, it'd be a no-brainer.

On the OCRG shares though, I believe they used a small amount (2.3%) in order to get the number of shareholders over the minimum 400 count needed to list on the NASDAQ, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
    Jul 29, 2011. 04:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aeropostale: Between a Rock and a Hard Place [View article]
    Everything you said is well-known... so it really does not add any value. The question is: has it been priced in by the market? That is a question of valuation-- which you do not address.. opting instead to just conclude, without any analysis, that it is a value trap.
    Jul 11, 2011. 11:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Bears Underestimate the 'Enterprise Moat' [View article]
    I share many of the same views-- nice post
    Jan 30, 2011. 02:41 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Is Cheap: Prove Me Wrong [View article]
    Steven, has Apple been way overfollowed since its rise from $90 to $360? Just because there are many analysts covering it doesn't mean it can't be mispriced.

I am not sure how many people were calling MSFT cheap a decade ago at 50X earnings, but I guarantee you that they were not the kind of shrewd value investors that are buying up shares now. The fact that the stock has gone nowhere is an OPPORTUNITY for value investors, not a problem.
    Jan 19, 2011. 09:08 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Is Cheap: Prove Me Wrong [View article]
    Good article- I recently did a lot of valuation work on MSFT and have to agree. You added a lot of good qualitative analysis
    Jan 19, 2011. 09:05 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Look at Valuations of Google, Apple, Microsoft and Intel [View article]
    There is nothing about valuation in this post... only the author's "gut feeling" on valuation-- not something I am interested in
    Jan 19, 2011. 08:25 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aeropostale: Low Risk Stock With Big Upside [View article]

I somewhat addressed your point about aggressive discounting in the variant view. It is definitely something to watch. However, if one takes a long-term view, the returns on capital have been outstanding. Could all of this suddenly change and competitors start to really eat away at ARO's business? It's possible. Fashion risk and a fickle consumer are definitely risks here.

I think at 4.1X EV/EBITDA, investors are being paid to take the plunge. With the current market price, I think the margin of safety is sufficient enough to cover those risks. Again, we are talking about a company with a great track record of growth... and the market is pricing it as if it will only grow at inflation., especially when the possibility of a private buyer is in play. I think it is a very attractive risk/reward.
    Jan 18, 2011. 11:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Limited Brands: A Great Long-Term Trade [View article]

You know nothing about me, who I am, or what I am trying to accomplish, so as much as I appreciate the unsolicited career and SA advice, please stick to the analysis..

And why are you telling me to avoid hot stocks on an article about Limited Brands, a slow-growth dividend payer?
    Aug 7, 2010. 04:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Limited Brands: A Great Long-Term Trade [View article]
    Make sure to check out my site for all of my recommendations. You can register for my newsletter, The College Edge there, which is completely free.

@Alex: Their strategy the past few years has focused more on square footage expansion (particulary in Victoria's Secret Stores) rather than new store openings. This also is the reason for higher capex you mentioned. The IRR on these renovations are very high and so I much prefer this strategy to rapid expansion of new stores.

@granger: Haha I agree. I believe my intial title was Limited Brands: Looks Sexy, but it may have been edited.
    Aug 5, 2010. 05:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment