Contrary Wise

View Contrary Wise's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Aecom Technology Corp. Is Bargain Priced [View article]
    I really don't have a good answer to your question.
    May 21, 2012. 12:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RPC, MOCON Have Limited Downside [View article]
    Not in this particular case. Since I don't see how it can negatively impact value.
    Apr 3, 2012. 12:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You Don't Have To Be Brilliant To Do Well In The Stock Market, Just Don't Be Stupid [View article]
    Good article. Great references. I would like to add memos written by Howard Marks of OakTree Capital Management as another source of investing wisdom. These are available at their website http://bit.ly/H8n0DR
    Mar 31, 2012. 01:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RPC, MOCON Have Limited Downside [View article]
    I have owned MOCO for more than 7 years, and though not stellar, its performance has been very satisfactory. It is indeed a great business. Any future improvement in performance will strongly depend on how they manage this acquisition.
    Mar 30, 2012. 11:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RPC, MOCON Have Limited Downside [View article]
    Thanks for taking the time to read the article
    Mar 30, 2012. 12:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RPC, MOCON Have Limited Downside [View article]
    I really don't have a good answer to this - since splits do not really add anything to the economic value. Also other common reasons - a high stock price, low float do not seem applicable.
    Mar 30, 2012. 12:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buying Aixtron Should Pay Off Handsomely For The Patient Investor [View article]
    The only publicly traded company that I could find, currently active in graphene production, is CVD Materials Corporation. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVD Equipment Corporation (CVV). Note however that the company's primary business is to make equipment that makes different materials and not the manufacture of the materials themselves. It is quoted on the NASDAQ, not NYSE.
    Mar 18, 2012. 03:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Darling International, Inc.: Rendering Profits [View article]
    I have sold puts making me long DAR.
    Jan 7, 2012. 01:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks. If you liked these articles, you might want to look through my blogs on MFB and MOCO as well.
    Jan 5, 2012. 11:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for taking the time to read the article. I use neither. I use free cash flow for my DCF analysis.
    I would assume that under a worst case scenario the company pays no dividends.
    Dec 3, 2011. 03:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The article seeks to establish values for the ADRs under a couple of very conservative scenarios.
    In my opinion the "handsome payoff for the patient investor" would come from buying the ADRs at close to or preferably at less than its worst case value and holding it till the company's growth prospects are realized.
    Nov 30, 2011. 11:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment