CorvetteKid

View CorvetteKid's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Mississippian Lime: Tom Ward's 600,000-Acre Comeback [View article]
    "That is hardly Wards fault though."

220, I would never hold a CEO responsible for things outside his control but I believe that there was more information from the geologists report that could have and should have been made public.

The huge drop in EURs is without precedent. It's Bre-X'ish in its decline. OK, that might be a bit of an exaggeration...

How about conference calls to discuss the results ? What's with the news blackouts ? Those are things within Tom Ward's control, and he basically told the Royalty Trust shareholders: DROP DEAD.
    Apr 10 05:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons Why CenturyLink Remains A Solid Investment [View article]
    I don't think you are that familiar with the company.

I don't know who made the most money, but the management owns a slug of stock and they sure didn't benefit by the initial dividend cut and stock slash of 20%.
    Apr 9 10:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mississippian Lime: Tom Ward's 600,000-Acre Comeback [View article]
    Rich Z, I saw an analysis that production was 800x greater in the CORE of some of the shale basins than in the exterior or non-core.

The variation and economics are HUGELY different.
    Apr 8 03:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha And David Einhorn: The Real Story [View article]
    OK, fair enough Eli....but isn't SA's General Counsel interested in what caused a potential legal action to be dropped ?
    Apr 4 01:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Philip Morris - Why I'm Worried [View article]
    Next generation low-risk products could help crack the 2.5 trillion stick Chinese market.
    Mar 31 02:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons Why CenturyLink Remains A Solid Investment [View article]
    CTL has already taken the pain, now it's time for the gain.

Having already taken the dividend cut, they are still at a 60% payout even if they have to pay taxes in 2015 and beyond. If not, they reap a windfall and buy back more stock or raise the dividend.

I wrote about CTL on SA last year:

Mar 31 02:43 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha And David Einhorn: The Real Story [View article]
    Thanks Doggie...hopefully Eli or someone from SA will update on this.

I see that BLOOMBERG TV did a segment on this, has CNBC touched on it ?
    Mar 29 10:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha And David Einhorn: The Real Story [View article]
    Keubiko, fine...instead of PONZI SCHEME....I say that David Einhorn's selections are going to blow up in his face and I can see his hedge fund going to zero.

The fact it may hurt him is no different than a baseball columnist saying the Wilpons are cheap and the Mets will stink in 2014. Does that help or hurt ticket sales ? It hurts them...and it's protected speech.
    Mar 29 10:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha And David Einhorn: The Real Story [View article]
    SO I'M CONFUSED....why did Einhorn/Greenlight drop the suit ? Either the VI poster convinced him he used 'the Mosaic Theory' to make his POV, or Einhorn realized he has a leaker in his own office, right ?
    Mar 29 03:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha And David Einhorn: The Real Story [View article]
    Tudor, how is it ILLEGAL ? It may be unethical, it may be wrong, it may even be stupid analysis....but what LAW is being violated ?

If I attend a dinner party and tell my friend that David Einhorn's hedge fund is a Ponzi Scheme and that's my opinion, what law did I break ? That's my opinion -- as valid as me saying I think the Mets are a shoo-in for the World Series and to win 100 games.

Last time I checked, the Constitutional protections of Free Speech apply to dumb and idiotic statements without proof. That does NOT imply illegality.
    Mar 29 03:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha And David Einhorn: The Real Story [View article]
    David, thanks for chiming in but instead of worrying about relative nobodies posting on the Internet we need you to open your wallet and buy The Mets. Or did you not see Sports Illustrated's forecast of 63 wins ?

I wonder if Fred Wilpon is gonna sue Sports Illustrated ? LOL
    Mar 29 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mississippian Lime: Tom Ward's 600,000-Acre Comeback [View article]
    The wells probably need $120 and higher WTI to be economically viable.
    Mar 25 01:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha And David Einhorn: The Real Story [View article]
    Great Job, Eli !
    Mar 25 01:46 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Eagle Outfitters: A Bargain With Or Without A Buyout [View article]
    Outstanding article...AEO has been on my radar for a while. Any chance of a dividend boost ? 3.5% yield is very high for retail....what's the payout ratio on normalized EPS ?
    Mar 13 11:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Synacor: EBITDA Guidance For 2014 Below Expectations [View article]
    Any suggestions for institutions that might want to buy a stock like SYNC ? Can they buy a full position in 1 day or should they spread it out over a few days ? What is the average trading volume, will they push the stock price up if they try and buy it all at once ?
    Mar 9 11:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment